Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

smelly underwear

Discussion in 'Episode 412 - Still' started by wolffe, Mar 3, 2014.

1. wolffe

wolffe Member

imagine dirty smelly underwear people would have in the real ZA. daryl for example is out in the georgian countryside sweating his ass off for days in the sweltering heat. I don't think he was changing his undies regularly.

People in the ZA would be very smelly. cologne or deoderant/toothpaste would be treated as gold

2. Scalemail Ted

Scalemail Ted Member

I really enjoyed this last past episode of talking dead when they brought that up. I guess society collectively soiled their undies when the dead started to roam. And then if u did use the bathroom u die. Which Happened at least twice....

#2 Scalemail Ted, Mar 3, 2014
    Last edited: Mar 3, 2014
  3. The1WhoKnocks

The1WhoKnocks Active Member

You forgot to credit J.B. Smoove.... This is his theory as discussed on TD.

4. dmizzle26

dmizzle26 Member

J.B. Smoove dosnt do it for me i dont think he is funny at all. I hate comedians that tries to hard, Im starting to hate Comedians on The talking Dead period they take away from possibly good interviews with the actors. Now not all comedians is bad the ones that actually try to talk about the show with little to no jokes

5. Busted Flipflop

Oh for sure. Between rotting bodies and stinky survivors Lord knows what that world smells like. But I think the survivors have become used to the smell. I just don't think I'd want to get "cozy" with anyone (well except maybe with Rick).

6. HeadlessHershel

After a while you get conditioned to it. You have to or people couldn't live together. Personal hygiene as we know it today has only been around for 100 years give or take. Humans have been living together for about 2 million years.

7. Busted Flipflop

There were a couple centuries during the Middle Ages where folks believed that washing actually created illness. Historians are quick to note that even the nobility did not wash and that lice and terrible body odor was very common. Its believed that the lack of hygiene accelerated the Black Plague and other diseases. Just imagine how a medieval town smelled like. B.O. was everywhere mingled in with manure. Thing is, they didn't even know it they were so used to it. But I think what helped to minimize the smell a bit was the constant smell of woodsmoke from fireplaces and firepits. That kind of helped.

8. Rickshair

Rickshair Member

This post made me laugh.

9. RatFeeder

RatFeeder Member

People become acclimated to it. Even though it would probably itchy an uncomfortable at first, it becomes a low priority and probably doesn't register too much in the mins when you're running from walkers. If it was me though, Id at least look for ssome fresh clothes in the country club like Beth did. Would have been funny to see Daryl get all nerded up, step out, then say 'hell no, not even now' then go back to his old clothes.

10. Reflexx

Reflexx Member

Why even wear underwear? It's hot and humid as hell.

11. deadcpa

deadcpa Member

J.B. Smoove blows

12. Shumpert

Shumpert Member

not quite as bad as the Marilyn Manson debacle, but quite bad

13. Chaos

Chaos Member

While small, its more non-survival stuff to shlep around and bog you down. It would be treated as unimportant junk. Even 100 dollar bills can help start a fire ;).

14. Jen7

Jen7 Well-Known Member

Swamp ass is serious business.

15. Daryl Rocks

Daryl Rocks Well-Known Member

Can you just see him in some plaid pants and a polo? Not my Daryl!

16. Rickshair

Rickshair Member

Along with smelly underwear, what about the last episode where it rained buckets and all the cast were soaked to the bone.

I couldn't imagine sitting around letting wet clothes dry on you.