Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

So did Liza Throw Nick Under The Bus?

Discussion in 'Episode 105 - Cobalt' started by EZD, Sep 28, 2015.

1. EZD

EZD Well-Known Member

It struck me that in the heat of the moment in the Preview I think Liza and The DR. are arguing about the Evac. and who can go along......theoretically of course and Liza says Herself and Chris and Travis and seems to think it over a minute before committing too.

It was Liza that comes to Maddy in the first place making peace and saying they need to present a united face for the kids sake but then she jumps on the Truck and leaves them all at the drop of a hat too.
    Then she alone knows Nick is there with her though she has not seen him yet and still turns her back on him when it is the most important time not to.

So am I crazy or is that irrelevant or both?
    Does she throw all of them under the bus to get her family back together or does she just have amomentary lapse and will try to reunite with the whole gang when the shit hits the evac.?

I don't think it really matters as there won't be any Evac anyway and the DR. and the Soldier will also be part of the group that forms in the escape.

2. Lindigo

Lindigo Well-Known Member

Not an irrelevant crazy question at all. Goes to the heart of how difficult it is to evacuate smoothly, even when hearts are in the right place.

The one person the mom is absolutely compelled to save is her son. She did try twice for Travis, since he is "blood" to Chris, but the doc pointed out how even that one extra person spirals into impracticality because then Travis asks for Maddy, Maddy needs her children, and so on.

I think Liza didn't look for Nick because she was too busy with sick people she might actually be able to help, and it was gutsy of her to even look for Griselda, who was in real need of care.

3. Zalanii

Zalanii Member

I get why she left on the truck, she needed to find out what was happening in the hospital and her son was safe.

But the sneak peak for Ep 6 shows that she's planning on taking "family" which includes Travis, thinking that Travis will choose his son and ex wife over his new girlfriend.

I don't think Travis will take too kindly to that, but neither has he been taking it well to Maddie's acceptance of torture to get her son back.

4. Tara La Reine

Tara La Reine Member

I thought that preview was interesting, too. I don't think Eliza is intentionally throwing anyone under a bus. She's a good woman who wants to help people, but she's also very practical. She obviously has to get Chris, and she picks Travis because she doesn't want her son to be devastated by losing his father. The kid is struggling enough with their divorce. I assume she'd take Maddie and her kids and Daniel and Ofelia if there was more room, but she's being told there's not. I don't know whether she still has feelings for him or not; the character profiles indicate that theirs was an unhappy marriage for years. Obviously this situation would suck for Maddie and her kids, and so it's a potential source of drama. I'm also not sure how willing Chris would be to leave Alicia behind right about now.

5. Morgotha

Morgotha Well-Known Member

I would put that on the zero to none percentage scale.

6. Zombie_Rhino

Zombie_Rhino Well-Known Member

after catching that glimpse of Alicia with the dress on in that mirror, probably negative percent.

7. EZD

EZD Well-Known Member

The Girl did look good!

8. dhdhdh33

dhdhdh33 Member

Sort of a Sophie's Choice moment, sort of. In a previous episode we see she feels like a failure and would like to be more relavent. Maybe not the primary reason but it makes the choice understandable. Plus she has someone helpless in front of her that needs help and is alone and it seems likely she can get back. This was set up more believable than anything in the show so far I think.

Continuing on, to Maddie's eye it looked like Liza set Nick up. Understandable given her history and personality. Now we have Liza with Nick (Maddies's son) who went to help Nick at least in part and Maddie with Chris(Liza's son) who has a grudge against Liza for doing so. That was an intricate plot twist and well set up. Hope to see more writing like that.

9. shhh its me

shhh its me Member

I'm very interested to see how it played out. I think we need to find out what Liza thought was going to happen to Nick ,did she think "They are going to kill everyone rather then leave "suspect" people behind." or did she think "We are taking the critically ill with us and letting the people in jail go,they can make their own way home." She might even be thinking , "those people will be taken back to the safe zone." I just want my kid in the REALLY SAFE zone of an active military base and I can enjoy my field promotion from nurses aid to doctor. BTW that should really be a giant red flag to her ,that the world is FUBAR.

10. Camilleyun

Camilleyun Well-Known Member

I agree that to Maddie, it looked like a setup. I honestly think Liza wanted to get Nick help to get off the drugs and had no idea that it would get him labeled a risk and they would come and haul him away.
    I like Liza's character over all but as a mom, there is no way I would have left my kid. Especially the shady way the military came in the middle of night to do it and lied to Daniel about being able to go with his wife. As soon as they denied Daniel and picked up Nick instead,I would have been completely mistrustful. Leaving probably did save her from getting her ass kicked by Maddy, though

11. dhdhdh33

dhdhdh33 Member

I agree. That is where the conversation she had with Travis about her disappointment with not doing more with her life becomes important. It showed some an aspect of her personality that made this decision seem plausible. Plus it was an impulse decision in a pressure situation. Although I agree about it being a decision many people would not make. It was set up well.

12. shhh its me

shhh its me Member

So now that we've seen it. Yeah she "sold him out." or at least was willing to abandon him locked in a cage.