Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

So let me get this straight...

Discussion in 'Episode 413 - Alone' started by Kingston50, Mar 10, 2014.

1. Antoine Nagel

Antoine Nagel Member

Maggy will be less boring when she takes the sniper job at Alexandria's tower... that's why Glenn really (and sadly) must die

#121 Antoine Nagel, Mar 13, 2014
    Last edited: Mar 13, 2014
  2. Neuropyramidal

Neuropyramidal Well-Known Member

As cool as some other aunts and uncles are going to be soon!!! :p

3. Stuff&Thangs

Stuff&Thangs Well-Known Member

I plead the fifth on this one. Lulz, that didn't bode well for me last time when I logged on as #1DarylFan<3

4. Neuropyramidal

Ah, do tell, what happened?

5. Stuff&Thangs

I got slapped on the wrist by one of the mods and Jama took me to town for it ;)

6. Zombies101

Zombies101 Member

I believe people just need to know HOW to debate sometimes, we come across totally different online than we do in person and it's easier to throw anger and mean words at strangers.

7. Neuropyramidal

What's wrong with getting taken to town? I would have bought a hot dog.

8. Stuff&Thangs

And condiments. Don't forget the condiments.

9. ravgrel

ravgrel Member

I will not even question Maggie's love for Beth.
    I guess the writers want the focus on Maggie/Glenn and Beth/Daryl.
    And let's not forget that Glenn almost died from the flu, and he's still very weak on the day of the attack.

And why wouldn't they have most of their scenes together? There are a lot of Maggie/Glenn Shippers.
    It's not like we're requesting an entire Gleggie Episode. lol

10. Kingston50

Kingston50 Well-Known Member

I sometimes wonder am I missing something about the Glen/Maggie romance? Maybe they had better dynamics in the comics and Glen wasn't reduced to this one note love sick Romeo like he is in the TV show. I feel like Glen was far more interesting before he hooked up with Maggie and I'm really disappointed at how the writers have handled him. In season 1 he was clever, great at formulating plans, quick-witted and extremely resourceful.

When he got with Maggie all those qualities went out the window. From season 2 onward, he went in this downward spiral to me. He can't do anything without Maggie's consent. He is constantly bringing her up and using her an excuse for everything, like all his willpower lies in Maggie's magical coochie. They emasculated him and I haven't enjoyed Glen since season 1. Maggie has had some good individual moments, but something there is still missing for me. She has a lot of potential, but again she is also stuck in this mold of being Juliet to Glen's Romeo.

It was always hard for me to get emotionally invested in they're romance. I don't find anything compelling about them as a couple. It didn't help that Maggie had poor Glen wrapped around her finger and he was on her leash like a puppy. He would wag his tail for sex. She would toy with him and string him along. I remember her swiftly saying "It was a one-time thing." Then it went from her playing Glen to being magically in love. I wasn't convinced. The writers could have done a better job of it.

Of course this is just my opinion, I know fans of them don't see it that way and to each is own.

#130 Kingston50, Mar 13, 2014
    Last edited: Mar 13, 2014
  11. Zombies101

Zombies101 Member

but i wanna ship!!!!!!! ;)

• Like Like x 1
  12. Caryl

Caryl Member

Maggie and Glenn don't need shippers, lol. They're already a thing!

13. Caryl

Caryl Member

I think even in the comics they were meant to just be a background romance thing. Not the shows main lovers. I like them but their romance can take a back seat to everything else now. And if I had to pick one it'd be Glenn for sure. I've always loved his character. Maggie is OK but I wouldn't be torn up if she died. Unless she died and Beth lived. That would be a travesty of utmost proportions.

14. Kingston50

Kingston50 Well-Known Member

At this point I prefer Maggie over Glen, I'm not sure if Glen can be re-vamped. In my opinion, I feel like all his great qualities were in the past. Maggie has potential. I don't think they've dug deep with her yet and the actress seems capable of doing more.

15. 8307c4

8307c4 Well-Known Member

No, the real reason Glen "slowed down" is when Glen came to the realization that those "things" are dangerous. I don't recall the episode but it was during the second season, before he had his moment of truth...
    Carl is another, some folk see the Zombies as retards or fools to be played with.
    Until one grabs them by the neck and puts the fear into them, which is what happened to Glen.
    He wasn't so "fast and furious" after that no more, he's more careful and deliberate in his actions now.
    That's why he slowed down.

And if Carl doesn't think long and hard real soon, his next backwalking stumble, trip and fall may not end well.

#135 8307c4, Mar 14, 2014
    Last edited: Mar 14, 2014
  16. Zombies101

Zombies101 Member

I think Glenn changed from the happy go lucky, go to town guy to more serious due to watching his friends being eaten by flesh eating zombies, his friends killing each other, being brutally beaten, thinking his girlfriend was raped my the enemy, almost staving to death and running for his life every single day. Maggie is just his hope.

17. ravgrel

ravgrel Member

I like Gleggie, so I ship the couple. :p

• Like Like x 1
  18. ravgrel

ravgrel Member

Love changes people. look what happened to Shane!
    It took a Maggie for Glenn to realize that he's not just a walker bait.
    It takes courage to love someone in the ZA, to love hard, and risk it all.

Would you choose food and shelter or be with the one you love on the run from walkers?
    I'll pick the latter.

19. Morgotha

Morgotha Well-Known Member

Carl can't die though. T.V. immortality can leave him stumbling and bumbling for years.

20. Caryl

Caryl Member

I think it'd be great if she could do more. She does seem like a good actress. Glenn was just one of the ones I liked right off the bat. Glenn and Andrea. Hopefully both stick around for a while. I actually enjoy romance in the show and would like to see more couples.