Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

So why does everyone like Sasha?

Discussion in 'Episode 511 - The Distance' started by kennyisalive94, Feb 23, 2015.

1. kennyisalive94

kennyisalive94 Well-Known Member

True, she is. Hopefully Sasha will be more like Andrea though, except for being with Rick because....no.

2. Callysta

Callysta Active Member

Exactly. If she was selfish and negative, she wouldn't have bothered. Her conversation with Hershel was also revealing. She "does the math" but she fully acknowledged that without Hershel, she would be dead.

I like her style. She's a realist, and a no-bullshit type of person. She's also a natural leader, and therefore tends to be very motivated and focused. I think people's real problem with Sasha is that she is a female in a dominate position who tends to be unrelenting. Because of this, she is often thought of as a bitch.

I agree that Sasha has been reckless lately, but that will pass. Maggie and Michonne seem to be trying to help her. They obviously see her as a valuable member of the group or they wouldn't bother.

#22 Callysta, Feb 24, 2015
    Last edited: Feb 24, 2015
  3. sam12six

sam12six Member

I don't personally like her. They need extra bodies because there are a handful of characters who they can't kill off (they CAN, of course, but almost certainly won't - those characters will either die together at the end or walk out of the tunnel into the light at the end).

Like others, I think being all pissy and bitter is a pretty realistic reaction to the world in which they live and the things that have happened to her recently. Think about it, here she was thinking she was in a romantic relationship with another prominent character - surely she thought she was as immortal as Maggie. Of course, now they've killed Bob 1 off and she's vulnerable again.

The only thing I really have DISliked about the character was her tantrum on the bridge. Going nuts, attempting to stab more than one member of the party (and actually getting a knife in 1), I'd have told her, "We're going that way. You go another way. Good luck."

There's too much danger in their world to be worried that one of your own party is going to nut up and stab you while you're fighting zombies or a hostile group. Actually, thinking about it, I wouldn't have had her leave the group, I'd have put her down on the spot. If you let her leave, she might follow you and try to kill you.

Anyway, everyone doesn't like Sasha. Even though she's been around a while, until Bob died, there wasn't really anything to like or dislike about the character. Since then, she's been about 20% coolness and 20% someone should put a knife in the base of her skull (with the rest of the time not being the active character). I don't believe many people have a strong feeling either way at this point.

• Like Like x 1
  4. maxlvtrojan

maxlvtrojan Member

Do a lot people love her character? I've always seen her as a second tier member of the group whose existence has pretty much been limited to being a "sister" or "romantic interest". So, I'm kind of indifferent towards her character. But I'm hoping the loss of Bob and Tyreese will give her an opportunity to bond with different members of the group and show more of what makes her tick.

• Like Like x 1
  5. kennyisalive94

If she stabs another person in anger, I'm officially creating a 'Kill Sasha' fan club. That's a one time thing and hopefully she'll straighten up a bit. Yes she's been through a lot, but that doesn't make it ok.

6. westwingnut

westwingnut Well-Known Member

That quote you posted was on topic. Moreover, she was agreeing with a post by somebody else.

DUDE. SHUT UP.

7. kennyisalive94

dude. Nope.

8. CheesyBirdMess

CheesyBirdMess Well-Known Member

You act like you're opinions are so much better than anothers, while belittling everyone elses - then bitch on about it in other threads making flaming comments - and only after people respond to your immature tirades you like to call people out as "insulting" you, I find that incredibly rich. My we are a special little snowflake.

[​IMG]

9. Callysta

Callysta Active Member

the unfortunate time spent huffing freon must have damaged what few brain cells you had, but seriously-- where did i insult you in this thread .. or the other thread for that matter?

10. BatmansHooker

BatmansHooker Well-Known Member

I like Sasha because she's quite unique. She's a tough as nails female, but she has such a hard time seeing the good in the world. Who can blame her? It's nice to have hopeful characters like Beth and Tyreese, but personally I think people like Sasha, who have lost everything and are full of rage at the world and aren't sure if they can make it are more realistic.

At this point in the apocalypse, in reality… how many people would REALLY be preaching about being hopeful? I'd imagine that to a lot of people, that would be a very naive attitude. I relate to Sasha because she struggles to find something to live for. She's real. It's not easy for her. What does she have? Rick has his kids, Glenn and Maggie have each other. Sasha has nobody, and that must be terrifying. I can't blame her for being pessimistic, really. I'd be scared shitless. I'd be angry. I'd punch anybody who told me to be hopeful right in the ****ing face, lol (and then apologise for it later). What I'm trying to say is that I like that her emotions get the better of her. We all snap sometimes.

I like her take-no-prisoners attitude. Is Sasha bitchy? No more bitchy than Rick, or Abraham, or Daryl. I think Sasha and Abraham have quite a lot in common, actually, now that I think of it. (SashaXAbraham, calling it!)

It's Sasha's more tender moments that truly win me over. Most of her scenes with Tyreese. Her scenes in "Alone" and "Them" with Maggie. Her scenes with Bob, trying to help her see the positives in life. Honouring Bob by trying to help Bob #2 get some closure. Scenes such as those humanise Sasha and make you realise that her tough exterior is just her way of coping, and that she's a genuinely good person, who is terrified of the world that she is in at her core.

Aside from all of that, she's becoming the group's sniper. An awesome role that I still WISH was being filled by Andrea, but I'm just pleased to be seeing anybody doing it. Especially Sasha, as I feel that it suits her character well.

So, there's your answer.

11. kennyisalive94

Sure, sweetheart. Love you. <3 And though I said Im done with you 2, uh, one last thing Mr. Buttpants. I don't think my opinions are better than other people. Just yours.

12. kennyisalive94

<33333

13. CheesyBirdMess

CheesyBirdMess Well-Known Member

Yeah I'd like to know where I did too... I may have made a general insulting comment about the behaviour he exhibited - but it was never a personal insult against him specifically... But meanwhile we're supposed to just take him and defensive bitter attitude of malice because no one agrees with him? MMMKAAAYYYY...

He still never responded to 90% of what I wrote about other characters doing the same and being cheered for it. So why should Sasha be killed for her behaviour. And why we need to justify our 'like' of a character, when by the same tact, he won't divulge his justification of hate for her, beyond 'zomg she stupid, and a danger and needs to die!" despite our showing the reasoning for her behaviour and similarities to her own brothers.

EH people man.

14. kennyisalive94

Interesting. I'll respond when Im done running.

15. BatmansHooker

That said, while I like Sasha she's not on my list of favourites. Although, that might change now that Tyreese is gone and Sasha appears to be taking Andrea's sniper role, which both suggest that Sasha is going to have a much larger role in the future.

If Richonne happens, and Michonne ends up taking Andrea's comic role with Rick, then I could see Sasha taking some of Michonne's comic storylines.

16. Callysta

Callysta Active Member

maybe it's the built up tension of never getting laid.. maybe his mom cut off his xbox subscription-- who knows? at this juncture, i'm mainly just enjoying the entertainment while it lasts. personally, i am open to opinions of those who can intelligently describe their dislike of Sasha's character. Some people pointed out correctly that she is not even a main character. That's a valid point. Until recently, she was just Tyreese's sister. That's just one example.

17. kennyisalive94

It actually started with the way she acted after the fall of the prison. She just seemed so negative, and I felt like it was naive to assume everyone in the prison died and were to scattered to find. Maggie and Bob spend half an episode trying to get her to help them. She had her reasons but still. And Bob is dying and she's too fixated on revenge to be with him in what could have been his final moments. He could've died while she was busy beating people to death.

And then the thing with evil Bob. It was ssooooo obvious he was lying to her. It was eye-rolling. It was like in horror films when you screaming at the girl about to get killed. And the tip of the ice berg was her stabbing Abraham. If you're feeling as bad as her, then scream, take it out on zombies, punch a wall, throw objects, but cut an innocent person who's probably going through the same shit as you? That's just reckless and in the ZA that could cause an infection Abraham couldn't fix or something. After reading people's posts, her character makes a little more sense to me, so I don't know if I 'hate' her anymore, per se.

18. No.Pantaloons

No.Pantaloons Well-Known Member

Well I don't. Everything about her is as bland as could be. Her flying off the handle lately is probably the only mildly interesting thing she's done the entire series.

• Like Like x 1
  19. Callysta

Callysta Active Member

speaking of being too fixated on something...

[​IMG]

20. BatmansHooker

Is it unreasonable to be negative when your home has been destroyed, your people killed, and you may never see any of them again? We (the audience) knew everybody was scattered, but they didn't. If you put yourself in Sasha's shoes, it's pretty understandable. Even if others survived, they could be anywhere. They could be heading in entirely different directions and be separated forever. They could be killed by another group or bitten before you can reunite. Having hope isn't simple for everybody, dude.

About Sasha being too fixated on revenge to be with Bob… you're a comic reader, so I KNOW that you know this storyline was ripped straight from Andrea's story and she reacted exactly the way Sasha did. Regardless, both Andrea and Sasha got their revenge, and were there to see Dale/Bob pass. Surely you can understand wanting revenge for what Gareth did? It's not like she abandoned Bob and he died alone. :p

Also, she didn't "stab" Abraham. She cut him, barely. It was an accident. She got angry, reckless, and lost her cool in the heat of the moment. Everybody makes mistakes, but yes, she does need to reign it in. With Michonne giving her the "cool your shit" talk, opening up to Maggie, and finding somewhere safe, I personally expect to see her cool down soon.

• Like Like x 1