Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

So Why Eat the Worms??

Discussion in 'Episode 912 - Guardians' started by Terminator, Mar 7, 2019.

1. Terminator

Terminator Well-Known Member

Ok, I'm on a worm kick this 1/2 season. Why is Lydia eating worms when we see at the Whisperers camp that they're skinning animals, presumably to eat. Also, Alpha gives Lydia an apple, so they have fruit. Who's going to have worm spaghetti when you can have real meat and fruit? Plus anyone find it funny that Lydia walks like a walker even though she's not wearing a skin, which I believe is the only thing stopping the real walkers from attacking the living.

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. PepperAnn

PepperAnn Well-Known Member

I am really surprised this is just now being brought up. I find it funny for two reasons, the obvious one that you mentioned...plus she looks funny walking around like that in a clean bright shirt. LOL

3. PepperAnn

The worms were in Alexandria..................where they have plenty of food too. Lol

I think it was more of a test for Lydia. That or just displaying her weirdness.

4. Terminator

Worms were at Hilltop actually, but I get your point. I suppose they have had hard times finding enough food sometimes and had to resort to a more earthy cuisine from time to time.

Jesus, your dog wagging tail is starting to get to me. :)

5. PepperAnn

Oh crap, I meant Hilltop.

That gif still makes me laugh when I watch it. That poor dog is getting bitch slapped. LMAO

6. Blueman

Blueman Well-Known Member

I think Lydia ate the worm because it was still early in her stage of discovery. It was just too hard for her to believe that such a community like Hilltop exists after years of lies from Alpha. In her defensive/survival mode, the safest surest food source is the worm. So, she was still living in her own world. Unlike Negan, when Negan got out from the jail, he snapped a tomato from ASZ's garden to eat.

Regarding Lydia's walker walk, I think it is exactly because she was not wearing a mask, making her vulnerable to the walkers' recognition. So, she walked like a walker to hide among other whisperers. Looking from a distance, her walker walk will not make her standing out as a human. She would look like a freshly turned walker, just like the young guy who will get arrowed by Daryl in the preview. I imagine, this kind of walk will only work when you are further away from a walker. If a walker is too close, you will still be identified as a human food.

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  7. Chr1s

Chr1s Well-Known Member

Agreed. Basically she grew up living a certain life, walking like a walker and eating things like worms. So she was just doing what comes natural to her.

8. Terminator

No. Not buying either of those theories.
    Lydia was fed at Hilltop and wouldn't have been really hungry when she ate the worm. And my point was that the Whisperers have alternative food sources besides worms.
    As for the walking, a walker always has the glazed over look even in immediate revival. I think her mother just makes her walk that way regardless. She just looks dumb doing it when she's cleaned up.

• Agree Agree x 2
  9. NakedCity

NakedCity Well-Known Member

Maybe after you get used to it, a worm is just like any other snack?

I mean, like sour cream & onion crickets...

[​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 1
  10. Blueman

Blueman Well-Known Member

I have to rewatch but IIRC, Lydia only walked like a walker when she was marching with the herd. Once she was back to the whisperers' base camp, she walked normally.

11. 92Pony

92Pony Active Member

Without even reasoning it out (the fact that whisperers and Hilltop both have legit foods available), I just thought the worm-eating scene was kinda dumb - like it was done just for shock/effect.

• Winner Winner x 1
  12. PepperAnn

Yeah but they all did.

13. Dnae

Dnae Well-Known Member

• Winner Winner x 1
  14. purriwinkle

purriwinkle Well-Known Member

Could it be that Lydia had already started to like Henry and she was testing his reaction to eating worms to gauge how well he might fit in with her group? If he was totally grossed out he might not be able to live like her people but he didn't freak or make her feel bad and actually ate one himself. She saw possibilities perhaps since at that point she was convinced that settlements like Hilltop alway fell.

15. PepperAnn

That's exactly what I was thinking. She was testing him.

16. NakedCity

NakedCity Well-Known Member

Award worthy end credit song for the worm episode. This is too good.

• Like Like x 1
  17. HungryZombie

HungryZombie Active Member

You are presuming they always have access to game and apples. Even Daryl ate a worm a few seasons back when there was no food to be found.

• Like Like x 1