Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Some craziness

Discussion in 'Debaters' started by Morgotha, Feb 28, 2017.

1. Morgotha

Morgotha Well-Known Member

2. Morgotha

Something insane. A woman apparently pepper sprayed a man for not wearing a mask - he and his wife were eating lunch outside at a dog park at the time. She sprayed the food they were eating as well. Hopefully, the state will prosecute her - and maybe take away her handicapped license plate. IMO, this woman is lucky the man was NOT your average street psycho as he let her leave without beating her up.

https://www.foxnews.com/us/video-pepper-spray-coronavirus-mask-san-diego-dog-park

3. Morgotha

A very interesting article on batteries. People are looking for alternatives to lithium ion batteries, and some things can be made into batteries that are quite surprising, such as fruit and (man-made) diamonds.

I don't think the diamond battery is really a "battery", in that they infused radioactive carbon 14 from nuclear waste into the structure of a diamond, so it seems more like a mini nuclear plant, but talk about amazing, a battery that would produce current for thousands of years made from nuclear waste. A cell phone and laptop that are *always* charged. If this is scalable, one could make electric cars or household appliances that could run "forever" without recharging ... I'm not sure the oil industry would like that, but I hope that this can be developed.

https://www.bbc.com/future/article/...made-from-diamonds-that-could-last-1000-years

4. Morgotha

From the "people doing nutty things during the covid crisis file", this man put a 170 horsepower motorcycle engine in a go-cart and went 180 miles/hr in it. In the video you can see he's just sitting on it, and while he's wearing a helmet, there's no roll bars or firesuit and whatever else the racers wear, in fact the man is wearing tennis shoes! He's lucky he didn't lose control as if he crashed he could have been seriously injured.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/autos/ent...art-makes-a-wild-noise/ar-BB17hagZ?li=BBnb4R5

5. Morgotha

A Fox article on a crime in NYC where a young man forced an old man to withdraw money from an ATM and robbed him. That's sad, not crazy, so where's the craziness? The euphemism used in the Fox article describing the suspect is. They said:

"As of Thursday, the suspect, described as a 20- to 30-year-old man ***with a dark complexion***, has not been identified."

C'mon now, I know we're all trying to be sensitive, but is it really THAT offensive to just say, "black"?

[​IMG]

https://www.foxnews.com/us/new-york-city-assault-investigation

6. purriwinkle

purriwinkle Well-Known Member

What I find crazy is they feel they have to mention his race with a picture provided. All they have to say is the subject, described as a 20 -30 year old man has not been identified. We can see what race he is. As it is they sound like A-holes.

7. Morgotha

I agree. They did the same thing today with this article:

"A St. Louis County, Mo., prosecutor said Thursday that he will not be charging the White police officer who shot 18-year-old Michael Brown in 2014, after quietly reopening the investigation."

emphasizing with a captial letter that the police officer who shot Michael Brown was "White". We could clearly see that from a photo, just as we could see Michael Brown was black. Eh, at the end of the day they are probably just trying to sell papers.

https://www.foxnews.com/us/michael-brown-st-louis-no-charges-darren-wilson-shooting

8. Morgotha

This whole Ellen Degeneres thing is really something. She was lauded in Hollywood for years, and all of a sudden she's a harassing tyrant. Her career's probably over. LOL, the part I think is instructive about this is that no one said a peep about her until she was seen having a hot dog with former President Bush. From that moment on things that have been going on for years with her became big scandals that needed to be addressed immediately. It's amazing to me how rigidly the cancel culture enforces their decrees, even upon one of their own.

https://www.foxbusiness.com/media/e...pending-on-investigation-findings-experts-say

9. Morgotha

A neat short video. This is from one of the creators of the computer mouse. The video is from 1968 and also highlights how the mouse works and why it's useful, as well as hyperlinks, video conferencing, and describes the formation of a new thing (originally called arpanet) involving linking up 20 computers in different locations that would be able to communicate and share information with each other that would eventually become the internet. Keep in mind that this was in 1968, 52 years ago!

short, edited, version

long version

https://www.bbc.com/news/technology-53638033

#5369 Morgotha, Aug 3, 2020
    Last edited: Aug 3, 2020
  10. purriwinkle

Wait, I read the article you cited. It doesn’t say anything about all this cropping up after she was seen “having a hot dog with former President Bush”. Where’d you get that?

11. Jama

Jama Well-Known Member

It's true. There was a lot if backlash over it. People were losing their minds. She even defended it and stated that it is ok to hang out with people who don't share the same politics, and that he was a very nice man. People then really freaked out. I wanna say this happened late last year but I don't remember the specifics.

• Winner Winner x 1
  12. purriwinkle

How odd. Take Bill Clinton. He became good friends with both 41 and 43 and I don’t think he got any particular flak for it. Many people found it heart warming and encouraging. I wonder why Ellen got reamed.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Morgotha

I strongly doubt anyone on the left would come out and say, "Ellen, because you ate that hot dog with Pres. Bush we are going to tack you to the wall for your abusive management style that we've been overlooking all these years". Were they to say that *they* would look bad for overlooking her bad behavior previously just because they agreed with her politically.

The connection to Bush is something one has to work out for oneself.

14. Morgotha

Because people know Clinton's a sleaze. Ellen is supposed to be a true believer.

15. Morgotha

Here's a psycho for you. This man went in to a cigar store and was told to put on a mask, which he refused to do. He did, however, steal two cigars on his way out the door. The store employee followed him out to the parking lot to get his cigars back and the man started shooting at him (thankfully, the employee wasn't injured). When the police caught up with the suspect, he got in to a shootout with them, and was wounded and arrested.

Seriously friend, the mask is NOT your biggest problem!

https://www.cnn.com/2020/08/04/us/man-gun-pennsylvania-cigar-shop-masks/index.html

16. purriwinkle

So you’re saying only Democrats who are “sleazes” can be friends with Republicans. Probably makes sense in some twisted, partisan way, Lord knows “true Democratic believers” have little in common with “those people.” :rolleyes:

17. Morgotha

LOL, I was trying to be charitable. The truth is that Bill is an exception to the "no fraternization with the enemy" rule because everyone, right and left wing, is terrified of being liquidated by his wife if she doesn't like what she hears.

18. purriwinkle

LOL, sometimes I think you live on the moon girl, lol, but you do you.

19. Morgotha

Nope, not the moon, more like this:

[​IMG]

The only think one needs is a book, a pitcher of ice-cold margaritas and an oar to bat the occasional shark away.

#5379 Morgotha, Aug 4, 2020
    Last edited: Aug 4, 2020
  20. Jama

Jama Well-Known Member

It is odd and yet it's not. The people who were freaking out were the far left SJWs, the social networking bullies and the "true believers" as Mo put it. They wouldn't care about who ol' Slick Willie is hob-knobbing with, because they don't really care too much for him either.

I still don't get it though. When we've reached a point in society where people are getting outraged because 'person of influence A' decided to comment the "great sin" of hanging out with another well-known person with whom they don't like, then we're lost.

• Agree Agree x 1