Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Some craziness

Discussion in 'Debaters' started by Morgotha, Feb 28, 2017.

1. DeadZedHead

DeadZedHead Well-Known Member

Lol. It would probably get a lot of these anti vaxers to run out and get a jab. He talked them out of it maybe this would talk them into it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. Morgotha

Morgotha Well-Known Member

So it sounds like Simone Biles' brother escaped conviction on a triple homicide. Bummer for the victims' families, but I doubt if someone who commits a triple homicide will suddenly go out and become gainfully employed and lead an honest life. I'm sure prosecutors will get another crack at him sometime in the future. It's good that Simone found an outlet to get her out of that environment.

"
    Biles-Thomas, a 26-year-old U.S. Army soldier and brother to Olympic gymnastics champion Simone Biles, was acquitted of multiple counts of murder, voluntary manslaughter and felonious assault after the judge ruled Tuesday that prosecutors did not present evidence to sustain a conviction.

Defense lawyers argued there was no forensic evidence connecting their client to the killings and that no witnesses testified that they saw Biles-Thomas shoot. His first trial ended in a mistrial last month after jurors said they read legal paperwork inadvertently included in evidence given to them to review.

Earlier this month, prosecutors told the judge they had been unable to find the only witness who reported seeing Biles-Thomas fire a weapon. They also said they have been unable to find two additional witnesses, including one man who was later shot in the head.

In May, the judge issued arrest warrants for two witnesses who failed to appear to testify during the first trial. Both took the stand later in the day wearing handcuffs, ankle chains and jail uniforms, Cleveland.com reported. "

https://www.foxnews.com/us/simone-b...-murder-victim-ohio-triple-homicide-acquittal

3. Morgotha

What happens when you tell people not to trust the police and they see for themselves that the court system isn't going to do anything? The mob will inflict their own version of "justice". I would much rather have a functioning police dept. and court system, personally, but OTOH, this man won't be beating up his pregnant girlfriend anymore, so there's that.

"
    An angry mob ran down a Utah man with a car then beat him to death after they heard he gave his pregnant girlfriend a black eye, reports said.

At least six people swarmed 41-year-old Fred Valdamar Ortiz behind Smith’s grocery store in Magna on Monday afternoon, Fox 13 reported.

Ortiz’s girlfriend is a dog breeder and the group was over her home looking for a puppy when she told them he hit her and gave her a black eye a few days earlier, Fox 13 said, citing arrest records.

Ortiz drove by on a scooter and the furious group – which included a 13-year old – darted out of the house after him.

One suspect, 19-year-old Osyeanna Martinez, hit Ortiz with a Volkswagen Beetle, KUTZ reported. Ortiz kept running, but his attackers were soon upon him, using a pole while he was on the ground, Fox 13 said.

https://www.foxnews.com/us/angry-mob-beats-man-death-hitting-pregnant-girlfriend

4. Morgotha

A Lyft driver sexually assaulted a teen aged boy and was held on a $3500 bond. $3500 to get free on a sexual assault? See the above post.

"
    A Lyft driver allegedly sexually assaulted a teenage passenger while driving the student home from school in Virginia.

The 17-year-old boy took the ride service to his school on Monday, and exchanged contact information with the suspect, according to Fox 5 DC.

After school, the student directly contacted Ejaz Hussain, 58, for a ride home, police said.

Hussain then allegedly sexually assaulted the teen on the way back to his Manassas residence.

The driver was charged with sexual battery and is reportedly being held on a $3,500 bond.

https://www.foxnews.com/us/lyft-driver-charged-with-sexual-assault-on-teen-riding-home-from-school

5. Morgotha

Walgreens has now closed 17 stores in San Francisco which they say is secondary to the costs associated with rampant shoplifting. People are now complaining that they don't have access to a pharmacy to fill their prescriptions. Whose fault is that? Maybe the whole "let's not prosecute anyone stealing less than $950 worth of merchandise" idea wasn't such a good one after all.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/crim...g-closing-17-walgreens-in-5-years/ar-BB1gI85R

Well... at least that's what most people probably think. Over at CBS Tony Dokoupil tried to justify one thief's behavior and said that the guy who was videoed stealing a bag full of hair care products was probably "just taking what he needs". ... that's not exactly an attitude that's going to cut down on crime or keep businesses open.

https://www.foxnews.com/media/cbs-anchor-excuses-walgreens-shoplifter-viral-video-need

6. Morgotha

Here's something bizarre. A U.S. Olympic runner was banned for 4 years for testing positive for steroids, and she blamed it on eating a bad burrito. After looking in to it quickly, I think it's actually possible to have an elevated nandrolone level after eating pork products. My b.s. sensor, though, was not impressed, *especially* after hearing her say that she happened to have her blood test at exactly the number of hours after eating the burrito when her blood levels of anything she ingested would be at their highest point. Sorry, Mrs. Houlihan, but I just don't believe it. There are a LOT of Mexican and Central American athletes who likely eat a fair number of burritos, and since none of them test positive for burrito-induced steroids, the chance that YOU did after eating just one burrito seems remote to me. You aren't the first athlete to try and win by taking performance-enhancing drugs, and won't be the last. It's a bummer you'll have to watch the Olympics on t.v. instead of participating in them, but you made that choice.

""From what I’ve been told nandrolone is high … pig offal has high concentrations of nandrolone. This food truck that I happened to go to that night – I’ve eaten there a lot before – and this food truck serves pig offal as part of their menu and I think I happened to ingest this hormone and 10 hours later, at the peak of when it’s supposed to be in your body and your digesting it, I happened to get tested and honestly it’s a very unlucky series of events," she said. "I’m kinda blown away by what happened and I can't believe I’m going through this as a clean athlete.""

https://www.foxnews.com/sports/shelby-houlihan-vows-fight-ban

7. Sharpie61

Sharpie61 Well-Known Member

I had to check to see if it was a Florida case where they acquitted another murderer.

The truth is out there

8. DeadZedHead

Ive never eaten a burrito and felt like running anywhere other than the bathroom.

9. Morgotha

SCOTUS found unanimously that the city of Philadelphia can't exclude Catholic Social Services from its foster care programs because they won't take same sex couples.

"The Supreme Court sided 9-0 with Catholic Social Services over the city of Philadelphia, saying they have the right to exclude same sex couples from their foster care program and the city can't ban them from the program as a result of them doing so.

The Supreme Court sided unanimously with a Catholic foster agency in a dispute against the city of Philadelphia over whether it should be banned from participating in the city's foster program because it excludes same-sex couples.

The group, Catholic Social Services (CSS), claimed that "Philadelphia’s attempts to exclude the Catholic Church from foster care" violated the First Amendment. Lawyers for the city, meanwhile, said that CSS "lacks a constitutional right to demand that DHS offer it a contract that omits the same nondiscrimination requirement every other FFCA must follow when performing services for the City."

In a 9-0 ruling, the justices sided with Catholic Social Services. "

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/supreme-court-catholic-foster-agency-ruling-religious-liberty

10. Morgotha

California is IMO really paying the price for their lax criminal justice system. This guy was arrested for burglary FIVE times last year. On his most recent arrest this year he was let out of jail with an ankle monitor by some judge and he proceeded to stab a 94 year-old woman *while wearing his ankle monitor*. I'm not even talking about his previous arrest for murder-by-stabbing that he was released for insufficient evidence, but WHY was this guy out of jail after at least his sixth arrest in a year? Whatever happened to "three strikes and you're out"?

https://www.foxnews.com/us/suspect-stabbing-asian-woman-freed-jail-days-earlier

11. Morgotha

12. tink

tink Well-Known Member

I think this is what happens when states make it legal to run people down with your car, like Florida and Texas. It gives marginal people the idea they can get away with it. There was a guy in Minneapolis arrested for driving his car into protestors, killing one and injuring others.

Also note, this is one of the preferred methods for terrorists to kill in countries with stricter gun laws. England, for instance.

Also, cops have no one to blame but themselves that people don't trust them. You can only watch so many videos of them beating people (sometimes to death) for minor infractions. Did you see the cops beating the shit out of the guy in Oceanside, Maryland for vaping in a non-smoking area? Did the drop-knee kick to him over and over while other cops held him down (with the "stop resisting!!" shouts to go along with it, even though he wasn't - a new tactic to make the crowd THINK it's justified). For VAPING.

13. purriwinkle

purriwinkle Well-Known Member

Or how ‘bout the Colorado police who broke the arm and dislocated the shoulder of an elderly woman with dementia? Then laughed about it when reviewing camera footage, one saying, “ready for the pop”, as they watched him dislocate the shoulder. Fortunately, in this case, both arresting officers were arrested themselves and charged with felonious assault.

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-new...elderly-woman-dementia-during-arrest-n1264347

https://reason.com/2021/04/26/color...n-with-dementia-then-joked-about-it-on-video/

https://abcnews.go.com/US/loveland-officers-charged-rough-arrest-73-year-woman/story?id=77785631

Seriously, the “police force” needs some serious pruning.

14. DeadZedHead

Right. Not all cops are bad but you cant ignore the fact that some cops are giving the others a bad name. Cops and crooks are setting up justifications for their actions. “I had to drive through that crowd of people I was arguing with. I felt threatened!” The car has reverse. “I had to beat that guy. He was resisting”.

15. Morgotha

:rolleyes: Please. People don't ram cars in to people every day. That's not actually a big thing. People shoot each other and stab each other every day.

In England people stab each other every day, not run each over with cars. You may remember a few years ago that London had a higher murder rate than New York City -- and those killings were mainly done with knives, not guns (or cars).

On the vaping guy? He wasn't arrested "for vaping". Reading the story, the police came upon a group of people vaping where it was illegal to do so and told them to stop. Almost all of them did, and nothing happened to them. This guy, however, started vaping again right in front of them, leading to his arrest. He resisted arrest and was detained by force. He deserved what he got.

You may have also read about several other rowdy incidents that the crowd there was performing at the time like throwing a bicycle at a public safety aide, etc. And I know what you're going to say next, the police just "made up" all the incidents of aggressive behavior and resisting arrest by the crowd, that these young men were just peacefully vaping on their way from choir practice to helping out at the homeless shelter, but at the end of the day, if they just obeyed the legitimate authority of the police to enforce the law none of this would have happened.

#6135 Morgotha, Jun 18, 2021
    Last edited: Jun 18, 2021
  16. Morgotha

Yes, that incident from a couple of months ago. Those police were bad eggs, and were arrested for their behavior. The system works.

However, having a couple of bad police officers and pointing to their actions and saying, "don't trust the police, the police are bad" is NOT justified. Just like it would not be justified to point to the criminal activity of a few members of an ethnic group and say, "see all of these people are bad, avoid them".

#6136 Morgotha, Jun 18, 2021
    Last edited: Jun 18, 2021
  17. Morgotha

LOL! What's with this "car drives through a crowd" fixation you guys picked up? How many episodes of that have there been in the country? 2? 3? On average, one or two people are killed and more are shot *every single day* in Chicago alone!

Why not worry about something that REALLY kills people every single day rather than something as rare as hen's teeth?

18. Sharpie61

Tell that to the remaining family members of this Canadian family

https://www.aljazeera.com/amp/news/2021/6/14/canada-man-faces-terrorism-charges-attack-muslim-family

The truth is out there

19. Morgotha

We've expanded to Canada to find a car-ramming as well, eh? I'll make you a deal, Sharpie. I'll express my sympathy to everyone in the world who has had family die in this way AFTER you express YOUR sympathy to 1/2 of all the families of gun and knife violence.

Let me know what century you manage to get that done by, it won't take me long thereafter to fulfill my part of the deal.

20. Sharpie61

This just happened the other day. It seems to becoming a tool for terrorists to murder those they disagree with.
    And I already have sympathy for all the families who have lost loved ones to gun violence.
    The latest was last night in Phoenix. A man killed or shot multiple people at 8 different locations. A man who wasn’t even suppose to own guns.

But the point is, that cars are now being used to purposely maim or kill people who are in groups. More so now, then in the past.

The truth is out there