Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Soooo... Do we still think Eugene will seek Redemption?

Discussion in 'Episode 815 - Worth' started by Weallgotit, Apr 8, 2018.

1. Weallgotit

Weallgotit Well-Known Member

Not to me after this episode. I gave up on it a while ago but was holding out hope for him. But his every word and action on this episode was with conviction. From his cold words to Gabriel to vomiting on Rosita and burying himself in walker ash, he was dead set on getting back to where he was safe. With the Savior's. He's for sure one of them. Am I wrong?

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. Chr1s

Chr1s Well-Known Member

He's not redeemable now. He had his chance to weasel his way back into the good graces of Rick. But to me this proved he is a savior and can't be saved.

3. Reina

Reina Active Member

Yes. It's not as what it looks like. He will take que from Father G and sabatoge the bullets. Come on. Eugene loves his family. He understands right from wrong and he's far from stupid.

• Like Like x 1
  4. blundig

blundig Member

He should be slowly dismembered while everyone laughs, unless he first stops talking in that absurdly stilted fashion for at least two weeks, in which case he should be just slowly dismembered. His escaping by hiding in the pile was embarrassing non-credible.
    Weakass Gabriel and Gregory have to go too. And the trite words of Carl, while his diseased brain was being eaten away, has to stop weakening the force at the worst time. And Michonne has to regain her ferocity. And Maggie has to stop standing around in statesmanlike chic doing nothing. And everyone has to stop leaving the town on their own little stupid tangent.
    Right now, Rosita, Tara and Daryl are pretty much the only ones on proper focus.

• Winner Winner x 1
  5. Reina

Reina Active Member

LOL! Sorry, this made me laugh.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. blundig

blundig Member

The whole thing, as intended for you, or just that sentence?

7. Reina

Reina Active Member

I just thought it was funny. Because I disagree with you.

8. Ubiq

Ubiq Active Member

I think Eugene has now assumed the role as the mad scientist of bullet making for the saviors. He does have a point though about Rick getting them into this rift with Negan.

9. blundig

blundig Member

That I knew.

• Winner Winner x 1
  10. Chr1s

Chr1s Well-Known Member

I think Eugene feels worth with the saviors where Rick and company viewed him as a coward and useless.

Negan respects him, Rick doesn't. According to Eugene so it makes sense, for him, that he wants to side with Negan.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. blundig

blundig Member

That's a good point.
    The hair and the poor posture though...

12. Sully

Sully Active Member

I thought his last scene if the episode, specifically with Gabriel about Gabriel following his lead was a bit weird.

Almost like Eugene was hinting to Gabriel that they need to do something. Eugene knows all those innocent people at the Hilltop will die with his bullets, and I think that's what is going to get him to follow Gabriel and sabotage them.

Why else would he put Gabriel on the line when he clearly said he's going to make sure his people don't get killed?

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  13. yuke

yuke Member

I thought it was interesting that they established that only Eugene could tell if the bullets were off or would cause a gun to jam.

14. Vamp7

Vamp7 Member

I still believe Eugene will have a huge role after the war. In order for that to happen, he will need to save the day in the finale. Eugene to the rescue... That was weird to write!!!

• Funny Funny x 1
  15. Iris

Iris New Member

After his encounter with Rosita and Daryl today, I don't know how I would believe that Eugene is going to save the day. Why would he want to? They threatened to kill him. While I like hardass Rosita to some extent, she bullies him. How am I supposed to buy Eugene's change of heart in one episode? I guess we'll see.

• Like Like x 1
  16. 8307c4

8307c4 Well-Known Member

I didn't get the puking, he would've had his "second" or two of lead time running off even without but I'm guessing reading this thread he puked on Rosita as a f.u...? I wouldn't have done that but as far as I'm concerned he was onboard Negan the instant it clicked with him, right when he told Negan he was 100% unmistakably Negan and that he was Negan before he even knew he was, that's when it happened.

It's all Eugene has been doing this whole time, is trying to find his place in this world. It's what he did with Abraham as the "mad scientist" with his silly Washington DC plot and ever since that fell apart he was like a fish out of water.

He does not belong in Rick's world, he is who he is and he realizes that. Now he has found his place in this world, he found it when he first got face to face with Negan. It's not the happy lucky good place where everyone wants him to be, but it's his place. Negan is where he belongs.

• Like Like x 1
  17. NakedCity

NakedCity Well-Known Member

I think he'll sabotage the bullets with no satisfying explanation for his constant switching of sides. And I think (and hope) he'll get killed.

I know I'm dreaming, but if we could get rid of all the cartoonish characters in a single episode, that would be really excellent and they could build something closer to seasons 1-2 with the next few seasons (Eugene, Ezekiel, his smiling sidekick, Negan, Jadis, Jesus... Damn even bring that Georgie back to off her too before she gets too much on my nerves).

• Like Like x 1
  18. Chr1s

Chr1s Well-Known Member

The more I think about it, you could be right. Eugene wanted to get back so he could sabotage the bullets in a way of proving to Rosita that he is useful. A sort of "Oh yea, watch this. You are only going to win because of me" sort of thing.

• Like Like x 3
  19. Blueman

Blueman Well-Known Member

Judging Eugene from this episode, it does not look like he is going to make fake bullets. He will not be the one who saves the day for Rick team from the ambush. I think the Oceanside women are going to change their mind and will show up with Aaron to save Rick.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  20. EZD

EZD Well-Known Member

It seemed pretty obvious to me that they were handing the spoiler to us on a Sardine lined platter.
    Did you pay attention to the little speech he yelled at Gabe in the beginning and then notice in the end which Job Station Eugene had assumed?

Hopefully though he will also die for the effort thus completing his purpose and making everyone sad too.