Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Soooo Lady In the Woods

Discussion in 'Episode 401 - 30 Days Without an Accident' started by Jakobi, Oct 13, 2013.

1. Jakobi

Jakobi Administrator

Made it all this way...just to kill herself. Oh well...PEACE!!!

2. Sgt. Ford

Sgt. Ford Member

What was the point of that side story anyways?

3. legendx66

legendx66 Moderator
    Staff Member

It was interesting and cool. Good enough.

I think it just shows what can happen to people. Maybe t has an effect later too.

4. AtlantaOverrun

AtlantaOverrun Well-Known Member

I hope it changes Rick again in how he was.

5. TWDlilmonster15

TWDlilmonster15 New Member

What was she rambling, what's in the bag. Was anything she saying meaningful, what made Rick cry, it wasn't just her suicide, something spoke to him.

6. Neuropyramidal

Neuropyramidal Well-Known Member

So she could tell Rick "we can't come back from those things we've done", so we can see the effect of that revelation in Rick's eyes for the next 4 or 5 episodes.

7. lurkers&roamers

Not gonna lie, she creeped me out more than any walker has.

8. legendx66

legendx66 Moderator
    Staff Member

[​IMG]

That moment when we find out this is not a zombie.

They have been trolling us for months.

9. Stuff&Thangs

Stuff&Thangs Well-Known Member

The actress played Clara beautifully. Definitely one of the better guest appearances, aside from Lennie James.

10. adrenalineknife

adrenalineknife Well-Known Member

At first I thought she was leading Rick to like a bandit camp or the
    . But one it's too early and two.... Idk

11. Pyrrhicle

Pyrrhicle New Member

Am I the only one that thinks Rick's choice to leave Clara can be to him what the zombie that killed Dale was to his son. I mean can you imagine if things go super bad and zombie Clara ends up biting his son's throat open. I doubt it would be something like that but still, leaving her alive leaves the door open to possibilities.

Personally I'd have shot both Clara and Eddie. If they want to be together they can do be together in the after life... where they can't hurt anyone. Leaving them alive both makes them a risk to other survivors as well as unnecessary competition for wild game.

Of course this goes both ways. Would also be awesome if the group ended up in danger, like the Governor coming back. And when Rick's life is in danger zombie Clara comes out and makes a face-sandwich out of said threat.

12. Ryan Point

Ryan Point Member

My humble opinion: she was the version of Rick if Rick went a little further... This helps Rick see that (as per his chat with hershel and the whole coming back thing) it Showed how much Rick has healed and grown since Lori died... This to me showed real growth in Rick. He didn't kill her after she went Zombie shows he's coming back to the compassionate Chaotic-good character he was...

Ryan

13. Lori Grimes

Lori Grimes Active Member

That girl reminded me of Mr Burns in the Simpsons when he get's radioactive and says "I bring you loveeee"

I gotta say, I was a little "meh" after this ep but this was the only scene that really seemed like the last few seasons; a character (rick) getting a wake up call. Albeit VERY WEIRD. Maybe I just like seeing Rick cry/get shocked because he's been all over the place lately, angry, skitzo etc. Nice to see him revisit his "bicycle girl" persona of shock and letting maybe the last few drops of his waning humanity through.

14. Mattklanks

Mattklanks New Member

Speaking of face sandwich. Did Rick ever get back that sandwich or whatever food that was he gave to her? lol, probably not the most important thing in the moment, but you shouldn't just waste it.

15. Ryan Point

Ryan Point Member

you see him grab it before he walks off

16. Mattklanks

Mattklanks New Member

Ah good, you should never waste a sandwich.

17. Gaycandybacon

Gaycandybacon Well-Known Member

That is exactly what she symbolized. The way they were talking, "what are you willing to do" You heard from the writers and show runners of the show talk about that, especially Gimple expressing that.

18. Rapscallion

Rapscallion Well-Known Member

The woman said her husband had done all the killing (walkers and humans) to keep them alive. After her husband was bitten and died, she lured Rick to camp to see if she could kill to survive; the woman failed, and deciding she had no reason and no chance to continue alone, committed suicide.

Her decision affected Rick, because he was in that woman's position after being alone and without his own family in the walker apocalypse.

• Like Like x 1
  19. theNextmrsGrimes

theNextmrsGrimes Active Member

I agree with this. I also think that the woman represented Lori - long black hair - and Rick led her and the rest of the group, only to die. That may be the guilt Rick holds for losing so many people since season 1.

IMO, it was a strange side-story.....is Rick having visions again, or did that really happen. She quoted the exact things Rick said in the past - "Never waste a bullet" and use knives more often. And I find it odd that he would let a walker and a walker-to-be just lie there without killing them....especially since they were so close to the prison.

And I wouldn't have taken the sandwich back - too many cooties.

20. Sammy01

Sammy01 Member

I just couldn't get over her woeful accent, it completely distracted me from anything they were trying to get across.