Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Sophia

Discussion in 'Episode 207 - Pretty Much Dead Already' started by Lucky, Nov 27, 2011.

Tags:
  1. jacobmarley

jacobmarley Member

Idncalling, yes. Soundtrack. Just a very well done episode from beginning to end.
    I'll go back and watch Talking Dead again and see what Kirkman said. Hopefully I did not delete it from the dvr. But in my mind he was pretty emphatic that only Otis knew. The interview was good too. Covered a lot of ground. Kirkman responded to the question of how hard is it to kill a character on the show, because really you are firing an actor. Poor Madison. ;)

2. Zambi

Zambi Active Member

I wouldn't blame them for being afraid to say if they knew. Otis doesn't seem like the kind that would be happy if Otis's wife or some one else hid such a thing.

3. Zambi

Zambi Active Member

I know, I just wish there was some kind of non cheese way that they could do a twist and get her back. That poor girl loved being on the show and they could have done some great story lines with her and Daryl as like a father figure.

4. Felicia

Felicia Active Member

I agree, and if not man that will bug me because that really seemed like it was pointing out that she (or someone) had been there.

5. jacobmarley

jacobmarley Member

Ok, I went back and rewatched Talking Dead. Kirkman said it was Otis' job to put walkers in the barn and that he put Sophia there. He said when Shane killed Otis that "nobody else was around to tell she was in the barn". To me, that means nobody else knew.

But for me, if I were one of the "farmers" and thought those walkers were people, I would not have told the gang either. They kill walkers, and Sophia was theirs. Plus, the "farmers" didn't want them to know any walkers were there.

6. Zambi

Zambi Active Member

That's true but I would have figured that at least the one providing the chicken dinners would have spotted this strange young zombie girl....maybe not.

7. jacobmarley

jacobmarley Member

Good point. I don't know whether that's Kirkman's lack of detail, or whether he is being deceptive on purpose. He never gives anything away. And thanks for reminding me of the chicken scene. ;) That was harsh.

8. pharmchan

pharmchan New Member

i really wanted one episode which dedicated on how Sophia survive in jungle alone, how did she get bite and how did she end up in the barn...writer and producer shouldn't let all these hanging..

9. Hotpoint

Hotpoint New Member

My theory is that it's Jamie, the little girl from the webisodes, and if I was writing the story I'd have Carol adopt her and end up deluding herself that Jamie is her real daughter.

Here's the reasoning. In the comics Carol dies and Sophia goes over the edge believing that Maggie is her real mother. If they simply flip that dynamic then it's a nod to the comics as well as the webisodes plus Jamie can fill the role Sophia did in the comics.

Well I could be wrong but if they don't that route I still think they should have. It works quite nicely methinks!

10. Zambi

Zambi Active Member

I agree! I think we definitely deserve more answers on this whole thing.

11. Casca910

Casca910 Active Member

I read somewhere they are adding a young boy named Randall (I think), so maybe it was him.

I would love it if they did webisodes about Sofia and what happened.

12. Zambi

Zambi Active Member

I would love it even more if it turned out, the part where Sophia was coming out of the barn was her mother having a nightmare about the barn ambush and in her bad dream, she added Sophia to it. I still think it sucks that they killed this character off.

13. Hawaiian Shirt Zombie

Hawaiian Shirt Zombie Active Member

I wouldn’t be opposed to seeing Sofia’s backstory via a new batch of webisodes but it wouldn't be high on my list of things that need to be seen.

With that being said, Sofia’s death was significant for me because it solidified the notion that nobody is safe in this world, which is a pretty tall order for the comic fans who know what to expect… or at least THOUGHT they knew what to expect. The creators have taken great pains to make sure that the show remains relatively faithful to the overall story arc of the comics yet still manages to keep comic readers surprised. In retrospect, the death of Sofia ultimately isn’t a bitter pill to swallow for me because her character actually brought very little to both franchises and ultimately seemed like a good bet to kill off with little “big picture” ramifications. Shane and Otis were our first clues that the creators were going to be mixing this saga up fairly significantly in order to maximize the wow-factor for all viewers. So far, I admire their efforts immensely because the TV show, although wildly different in many areas from the source material, still captures wonderfully the essence of what makes the comics such an amazing saga.

14. Felicia

Felicia Active Member

And then eaten by zombies....

15. Felicia

Felicia Active Member

You never know, we may get! I guess we just have to wait until February to see how much further they will go with it, but I can't imagine they are just going to leave it there.

16. z0mbi3 k1ng

z0mbi3 k1ng Member

I don't think it's much of a stretch to think she went to the barn to hide, got bit, then got away and climbed up to the loft.

That would explain why she wasn't completely mangled, just the big bite on her neck.

Remember, Glen went into the barn and didn't know there were zombies down there until he shined the flashlight on them. He's just lucky he came in from the top, rather than opening the barn doors.

So it would be easy to stumble upon them if you were a scared little kid at night, looking for a place to hide.

17. Rapscallion

Rapscallion Well-Known Member

Why would Sophia hide in Hershel's barn when Hershel's house is so nearby?

Here's what I believe happened:

The day Sophia was lost, she spent the night in the house that Daryl later found. In the morning, Sophia leaves the house, but is quickly bitten by a walker. Sophia dies and is re-animated (re-animation time varies amongst victims, but it can't take long for a child). Sophia stumbles into the swamps and is found by Otis, who takes her into the barn. Otis, upset with the sight of a walker child, doesn't tell Hershel, but announces he's going into the woods to hunt. We all know the rest.

18. z0mbi3 k1ng

z0mbi3 k1ng Member

Hell who knows.... because she's a little kid who's scared shitless?

I'm not saying I'm confident that's what happened.... anybody's guess really. It would make for some good drama though, because then it would link to Hershel's idiotic move of keeping walkers in the barn.

19. Zambi

Zambi Active Member

Both situations sound possible to me. I don't think Otis would have hid the fact that he found her from Hershel, it just may be that he explained it as "I caught another one" which didn't specify that it was a little girl zombie.