Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Spiderman Into the Spiderverse

Discussion in 'Movies' started by Dnae, Dec 17, 2018.

1. Dnae

Dnae Well-Known Member

I have a confession to make:

I am not prone to ohh and ahh over a Marvel super hero movie. I do not care for the Iron Man movies, Captain America is just shmeh IMO and I honestly did not get all the hullabaloo over Black Panther. Sure they are entertaining enough for a Saturday afternoon watch on Netflix (i.e.) but nothing worth forking over theater amounts of money.

But Sunday afternoon changed that line of thinking for me. I brought my grandson to see Spiderman Into the Spiderverse.

I LOVED IT!! The movie itself is damn near flawless. The animation is amazing, at times a glorious assault on the senses. Now, I am normally not one who wants my senses to be assaulted - but what they did with this movie was quite frankly, at times, mind boggling. So while it was a visual assault of colors, fast moving graphics, etc I was still able to sit back and not only enjoy the fun of it all but also appreciate the talent and endless hours of work that no doubt was required.

The voicing actors were great. With a few whose voices I was not expecting

I literally laughed out loud throughout this movie, as did everyone else in the theater. Most of the humor my 8 year old grandson was able to appreciate. A couple of moments though I am sure were a bit lost on him. Not that those moments were "blue" in nature, but rather you would need to be over a certain age to understand some of the pop culture references. It was such fun watching him have such a fun time watching this movie. Basically I got a two for one special - watched a great movie and reveled in watching Oliver enjoy it just as much as I was.

The story line is twisty enough to keep it interesting yet simple enough to keep it from becoming convoluted. I mean lets be honest here - Oliver was probably having an easier time understanding the whole multi dimension universes than I was.

If you are Marvel fan and/or a Spiderman fan then of course you must see this movie.

BUT if you are like me and would normally just wait to watch a superhero movie on Netflix (i.e.) if you even watch them at all then take two steps back, go online and buy a couple of tickets to see this movie in the theater. You NEED to see this one in the theater! Take your kids, your grand-kids, nieces, nephews HELL take your mom and dad! It is just that awesome of a movie, anyone and I mean ANYONE should be able to find the fun in this movie and enjoy the almost 2 hour ride (and those 2 hours fly by!!)

#1 Dnae, Dec 17, 2018
    Last edited: Dec 17, 2018
    • Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  2. DeadZedHead

DeadZedHead Well-Known Member

3D well worth it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. Morgotha

Morgotha Well-Known Member

I found it to be entertaining. I liked how he couldn't progress and become spiderman without experiencing loss himself, how he was just a kid acting how a kid would, but eventually stepping up to the plate. Great animation, and the scenes that were supposed to be visually overwhelming WERE overwhelming almost to the point of being assaultive. I liked hobo spiderman, and liked noir spiderman the best. Porky spiderman was a bit of overkill IMO, but otoh helped keep things light, I suppose. I really liked the Kingpin. They didn't have him offer long speeches to his victims, etc., he'd just kill people. He *acted* like more of a villain than most villains you see in superhero movies, and yet he had a very human reason to do what he did, and in that sense was shown to be a flawed and realistic person.

Overall worth seeing.

4. HungryZombie

HungryZombie Active Member

I loved the spider-verse story arc in the comics so I should probably check this out.

The spider-pig is Peter Porker - The incredible spider-ham! It's a callback to an old 70's satire comic marvel did.

• Like Like x 1