Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Start to Finish, Complains and Criticisms!!

Discussion in 'Episode 608 - Start To Finish' started by Neuropyramidal, Nov 28, 2015.

1. cycles

cycles Member

I agree with the majority in this thread. Characters were acting out of character and doing too many stupid things. The zombie-guts cliffhanger was too contrived and they cut the scene in the middle. Half expected an announcer to tell us to tune in next week, same zombie-time, same zombie-channel.

The other scene/preview where they came across the bikers was better but the characters were still out of character. And they put it in that silly badlands show which seems desperate.

Yeah, I'll keep watching but those writers better smarten up. Otherwise I'm totally gonna say bad things about them on Internet forums. :zombies_rolleyes:

2. jdawg011

jdawg011 Member

False drama created through stupid decisions. Everyone was just being idiotic, except your few reliable characters. Even Carol wasn't as smart as she could have been. She had a gun and knew Morgan's fighting ability. She could have easily shot the wolf.

The writers need to be able to create drama without the requirement of the characters being complete idiots to do it. This has to be one of the worst episodes in a while.

3. MHoskins2179

MHoskins2179 New Member

From the POV of all of those "missing" Alexandrians, the core group of Rick and Clan have also gone missing. Did anyone griping about this particular point happen to watch the episode and think, 'HEY, everyone scattered as soon as Rick told them to. And they fled to THEIR OWN HOUSES, locking themselves indoors and thus not being seen by viewers watching Rick's people in other places around the community?

I'm also amused by the gripes about "Why didn't Daryl/Abraham/Sasha do this or that?" Yes, as mentioned earlier, they are driving a fuel truck. The several guys in the road appear well-armed, and a single shot to the fuel truck as it attempts to plow through them, would likely make it go BOOM. Also, the incredible thing about shows and writing, is that SOMETIMES, we aren't shown everything that actually happened in the moment or moments before a scene. So, it's very possible Abraham equipped an RPG before stepping out of the truck. We just don't know that yet.

Also, the Wolf... Maybe TWD writers have more in store for this particular clan leader and even others who may exist we just don't know about yet. Or maybe it's somehow part of the writing plan for the future as Negan's Saviors materialize. Who knows.

Morgan... yeah. Very disappointed in how his character's been handled, even though I did very much enjoy his backstory episode (not convinced it needed to be 90 minutes, other than TWD folk being able to say "See, we're mixing it up and being unpredictable!" Morgan needs to be exiled, in Rick fashion wherever they end up if not Alexandria.

4. Zvivor

Zvivor Well-Known Member

There is no getting around this, even from hard cord TWD lovers: Rick and his clan are behaving increasingly stupidly: *the lines given to Rick are ridiculous speechifying of the same thing over & over --total, total ruination of his character -- as if they think an IT version of Rick could replace Andrew Lincoln. (I really do not see how Andrew Lincoln can stand the stupid repetitive speeches they have given this him season, unless it is big, big dollars);

5. Rapscallion

Rapscallion Well-Known Member

Its funny that Deanna brought Rick and his group into her town to defend it, and Rick wound up destroying everything.

6. LadyGrimes

LadyGrimes Well-Known Member

Rick appears to be cursed.

7. Zvivor

Zvivor Well-Known Member

Rick is like Joe Blxx -- everywhere Rick & company appear gets destroyed. And most of the time, it's not even their fault (if we discount carelessness).

8. Zvivor

Zvivor Well-Known Member

Can't disagree. I hate cliff-hangers, and this cliff-hanger in particular. It's not like its obvious they are not going to get rescued. At a minimum, Rick's walker-guts conga line is going to take some major hits. Denise is likely done for. They could have played out at least some of the stories/situations, so as to not pick up the next episode from zero.

9. DeadAsADodo

DeadAsADodo New Member

Ooh no! I disagree! There was nothing more exciting than seeing Tara and Rosita with guns drawn and pointing them at the head of Wolf, being told to hand them over because Wolf had a knife to Denise's throat.

I mean, what else could they have done? It was an impossible situation for them.

Well, apart from shooting the b@stard in the head straight away, but I guess the script writers needed to keep this character alive, so we are all expected to believe that giving up both guns to a man with a knife was, in fact, the natural and correct thing to do.

Yeah, right. Jesus wept.

As for that useless tub of lard Eugene, the sooner someone puts a bullet between his chicken-sh1t eyes, the better.

10. Rapscallion

Tara could've risked her life to save Denise like she did to save Spencer, but I guess Rick's criticism shook her up more than we thought.

Rosita could've taken the shot.

Of course, all of this could've been prevented if Denise fought back against the Alpha Wolf, instead of crying in the corner.

11. DeadAsADodo

DeadAsADodo New Member

I really hope the little kid crying "Mum! Mum!" (Sam) as he walks through the herd of walkers gets his head bitten off. Now that would be a good bit of script-writing.

And Enid? The pathetic "Life's too hard, I want to give up" silly little girl - she needs to go very, very soon. Maybe Glenn could get so fed up with her whining that he shoves his knife through her brain, by mistake of course.

In fact, let's get rid of all the useless individuals who don't deserve to be alive - especially Eugene, the scaredy-cat tub of lard - and have a decent set of characters left. That might be hard for the script writers, of course as they would have to come up with some decent story lines instead of the usual "I give up, I don't want to live any more" whiny, whiny, nonsense...

12. Neuropyramidal

Neuropyramidal Well-Known Member

Yep, that's what I just read.

13. HondaS2kXD

HondaS2kXD Well-Known Member

Some advice for you, from a former governor of California:
    [​IMG]

14. Rapscallion

I'm very upset the writers made Eugene into a sniveling coward again; like his rescuing Tara and Glenn meant nothing! I'm not saying Eugene would've become an expert combatant, but what he did was a big step forward, and he should've done something to help the group when the Wolves attacked.

15. RLDG

RLDG New Member

I have heard that the first half of Season 6 takes place over the span of a day or two, if that helps with the timeline. What a chaotic day!:Grin:

16. Z-Man

Z-Man Well-Known Member

It was all that rewinding at the start of every episode to show the "Meanwhile's" Episode two and three kicked off with the same horn that ended episode one. There was three episodes that had a night scene that was the same night (Glen under the dumpster, Daryl knocked out, Sentrys at the wall having a chat.) On day two, the Tower fell. Somewhere in there, was a flashback episode that took place in an hour or so in telling.

The part I was surprised by was at the start of the season, when Heath told Eugene they had been gone for two weeks and Eugene replied that they had only gotten there during that window. So from the arrival at ASZ to Now has been less than two weeks. No wonder they have to keep changing Judiths. From "30 Days Without an Incident" to now has been a month and a half (give or take a day or so) So Illness at the prison, Carol exiled, Governor's attack, the road to Terminus, Meeting Abraham and Crew, Joe and the Claimers, the end of the Hunters, Beth's demise, 600 miles of road, Herding the ultra-herd, Pete the porch-dick, the wolf attack, and the ASZ walls breached, Morgan's return, ect... Two and a half seasons in under 60 days.

For Perspective and all.

*edit* Ha! Beth died less than 30 days from when she changed the sign back to 0!

17. Cool Hand Luke

Cool Hand Luke New Member

This is actually one major complaint that I have about the past few seasons of the Walking Dead. Though we've watched maybe 40+ episodes, for the characters, only approximately a month has passed, and look at what they've gone through as a collective!

Their stable prison home was ransacked; Hershell was beheaded; characters recovered from a strain of "Walker flu" using only tea leaves; they've been separated and forced into the forest for cover; the characters barely had time to find food before they, themselves, were to become food; they discovered new people; they lost a lot of people, including the child Carol murdered; (speaking of Carol) Carol was hit head on by a car; Darryl was briefly adopted into a new group of thieves and murderers who tried to rape Carl; and our beloved group has doubled in size with the addition of new characters.

Through all of that, it irks me that Rick has the strength to do anything, let alone lead a group. In real life, he should just now be recovering from that ****-of-a-punch Tyrese gave him to the face back at the prison. I saw Tyrese punch a walker to death with one blow, yet, somehow, Rick's cage is barely rattled by it. Just to shortly after get grazed by a bullet and have a face-punching match with the governor. Consider all of those events along with the physical hurt and the psychological trauma crammed into 30 real life days. Rick should have the strength of a five month old, the speech capacity of a one year old, and barely any body function at all. I think all of our beloved characters should be dead by real life standards.

18. Z-Man

Z-Man Well-Known Member

In reality they are super heroes with enhanced healing abilities (Ricks nose was nearly beaten off his face by The governor, but less than a week later you couldn't even see a scar.), superhuman attributes (You go fight a tank, I will wait here for you to get back.), and magical weapons (Hershel's magic "boomstick", Rick's "Magnum of Unerring Strike"). They have just not stopped long enough to realize this. Once they do, their next step will be to take on Doctor Doom and Magneto.

19. Zvivor

Zvivor Well-Known Member

Yes, I don't like that Eugene was made into a sniveling coward, but that is how he started. What I really dislike is that the story after that went almost nowhere. Unlike Milton, who was certainly no braver than Eugine, the show has never even tried to utilize his intelligence (other than than the ill-fated effort to get solar cells, the failure of which wasn'tEugene's fault and was the one time he showed courage). Eugene, with his intelligence and knowledge, could be such an amazing asset for survival and rebuilding of civilization (like Milton). But Gimple & crew have reduced him to a sniveling cowardly idiot. What a pheonomenal waste of a character and what a way to make anything with Eugene in in boring.

That has added to the "boringness" for lack of a better word of Team Rick ruining every place they turn up. Eugene -- why isn't he being used to come up with creative solutions for their situation like steam-powered automobiles, or WHATEVER.

This show has turned into a death march for civilization and human beings when us watchers thought it was a show about human survival. I am angry that the show is not turning out to be anything other than a death march toward human extinction, and the missed opportunities with Eugene is a not insignificant part of that judgment.

I am really beginning to hate Kirkman and all of the show's producers whose goal for this show is to destroy human beings, when I stupidly thought it was a show about survival: hence the incredible bravery of Rick, Shane, Andrea, Carol, Darryl etc. But if it is just a count-down to extermination of humans, like Jenner said, why should anybody keep watching?

• Like Like x 1