Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

"Starting Over"

Discussion in 'The Walking Dead Fan Fiction' started by Rapscallion, May 20, 2016.

1. LMT

LMT Member

Well worth the wait! As I have mentioned about your other fic, you captured their voices perfectly. As well, a great blending with the show. To me, nothing seemed forced, especially the love scene. I just wish it was longer! Awesome work.

2. Rapscallion

Rapscallion Well-Known Member

Thank you, LMT.

This story not only accompanies my current story "To Live Again," its also a reboot of season 6B; character and story arcs are going to be different from what happened in the original time line.

3. Viki

Viki Member

Sorry that it took me some time to reply I have been quite busy at home.

I just want to say that this is beautiful, I had butterflies in my stomach a few times, that sex scene though. I wish I was her XD

Looking forward to more :)

4. Rapscallion

Thank you, Viki.

This was the second Caryl love scene I've written, and I tried to keep it hot but clean.

5. PepperAnn

PepperAnn Well-Known Member

Love it as usual @Rapscallion.

A few comments:

I remember that red A and I also remember the significance of it went over my head during the show. So it's gone over my head this time too. Lol It throws me off because they've used it before for Terminus. So what does it signify? Anderson?

You captured Eugene perfectly. I totally read that whole thing in his voice. The cadence and weird choices of words....it was perfect.

#25 PepperAnn, May 24, 2016
    Last edited: May 25, 2016
  6. Rapscallion

PepperAnn,

When the group arrived in Alexandria, Sam wrote "A" on Rick's hand, and on the handrail to the group's home. I guess it was Sam's way of protecting people.

Abraham and Eugene were both hard to write, so I kept their sentences short and simple.

#26 Rapscallion, May 24, 2016
  7. PepperAnn

PepperAnn Well-Known Member

Yeah I don't remember that at ALL regarding the A. Assigned Housing. Just look for the corresponding letter from your hand. lol

You did Abraham well also. Don't shy away from writing for them. I loved reading it.

#27 PepperAnn, May 24, 2016
  8. Viki

Viki Member

I think you have done a very good job!

9. LadyGrimes

LadyGrimes Well-Known Member

Nice Caryl themed story, I like it a lot <3 I also like how you set up the moment for Carol to tell Daryl what really happened. It was obvious she couldn't hide her injury forever, especially not from him. Keep it up I look forward to reading more.

10. Rapscallion

Thanks @Viki, and @Ricky Grimes.

My favorite scene in this story is when Denise berates Carol for killing the Alpha Wolf. I did that to remind everyone how naïve and childish the Alexandrians are, and to give Denise some character development. A few days later I realized that because of what Denise said, Daryl's not going to be upset that she ended up with an arrow to the eye. :dead:

#30 Rapscallion, May 25, 2016
  11. Viki

Viki Member

I think I would be upset if I saw anyone with an arrow in the eye :p but I'm not on TWD :D

I think it would be normal for him to be a bit shaken up, it was his arrow that killed her after all :p

12. Rapscallion

Yeah, but after surviving this long in the walker apocalypse, wouldn't you be a bit desensitized? :zombies_neutral:

Seriously, Daryl wanted to kill Dwight before Denise got herself killed. I don't understand where that anger came from; all Dwight had done up till then was steal Daryl's crossbow and a ugly excuse for a chopper. And where are all the real motorcycles in the walker apocalypse? Aren't there Harley-Davidson owners in the Washington D.C. area? :zombies_confused:

13. TheSlayingTaco1

TheSlayingTaco1 Well-Known Member

This is a beautiful fic [MENTION=591]Rapscallion[/MENTION] I really really liked it! You did so great with their dialogue and development....i really wanted more lol I was browsing these forums bored and came across this. Please continue to write. I was glued to this story as I felt this really happened in the show and I had to continue reading. Keep up the good work! Love me some Daryl and Carol :)

• Like Like x 1
  14. Rapscallion

Thank you for the kind words, @TheWalkingTaco1.

I'm glad you felt this story really happened in the show, because I'm planning a sequel, along with a rewrite for the story arcs to season 6B. I also recommend you read my ongoing story "To Live Again," because Daryl and Carol's relationship is one of its subplots.

#34 Rapscallion, May 30, 2016
    Last edited: May 30, 2016
  15. OneCuteSmile

OneCuteSmile New Member

First off, I would've pmed you back but I guess I need to total of 50 posts before I can send pm's out. I'm so happy you took the time to tell me to check em out. This story was amazing. I wanted more! The sex scene was unbelievable. It reminded me a bit of 50 shades of grey lol! I've always wanted some romance between Daryl & Carol in the show. Your writing with the words you chose for each character were right on! I'm looking forward to reading the other ones you suggested. Please keep them coming. Thanks again, Rapscallion! :D

• Like Like x 1
  16. Rapscallion

Thank you, OneCuteSmile.

I'm happy you enjoyed this story; there's a sequel in progress, so I hope you read it soon.

I've always wanted Caryl to become an official couple too, and I was sorely disappointed when it didn't happen after "No Way Out." I'm tired of the Caryl teasing, and I'm tired of Daryl's emo phase, so I started writing my version of season 6B. I hope Caryl finally happens next season.

17. OneCuteSmile

OneCuteSmile New Member

I will definitely be reading it! :)

I hope it happens too! It's been way overdue. I'm going to start reading "No secrets between us" tonight. Can't wait!

18. ShaneFan

ShaneFan Well-Known Member

[MENTION=591]Rapscallion[/MENTION] - First, let me apologize for starting your fic and then finishing so late. That said---wow, wow, wow! I greatly enjoyed this Daryl/Carol fanfic. It was very well-written. There are so many parts I liked about it. Finding the remains of Sam was haunting. Denise's reaction to Carol--it showed how naïve she was as an Alexandrian. The situation with the Alpha Wolf was probably the first time since her life was threatened since the ZA started, and I felt so frustrated and hurt for Carol when Denise judged her harshly. I like that Daryl felt anger towards Rick for the plans that had gone awry--in fact, I was thinking Daryl would confront Rick in your story and was surprised when that didn't happen. In fact, it was because of that plan gone awry that we barely see Daryl/Carol moments in Season 6...it was so far and few between. I'd guesstimate it was less than 15 minutes, compared to the other seasons where we saw a lot of them together. The love-making scene between them was beautiful--how Daryl didn't want Carol to feel any pain from what Morgan had done to her, but then there's this level of emotional pain that Carol carries from all those she killed that Daryl isn't aware of. I think that's why Mika and Lizzie were mentioned in the end when Daryl was suggesting they get their own home in Alexandria. Is that correct? Anyway, great job!!! Keep writing!!!

This was my favorite quote: He loved her, even though he still couldn't say the words, but he wanted so badly to tell her that, and to help her deal with the grief she was dealing with.

19. Rapscallion

@ShaneFan,

I'm glad you enjoyed this story.

Denise and her fellow Alexandrians are truly children like Carol described them; the only two I like are Aaron and Eric.

I've always put a little tension between Daryl and Rick in my stories, but it starts to boil in this story. Daryl knows the quarry march was a disaster, and he was going back to Alexandria to save Carol until Rick pleaded with everyone to stick with the plan. Daryl was furious with Rick, but the news that Carl was severely wounded calmed him down a bit.

I think the final scene was a crossroads moment for Daryl and Carol: Daryl is fed up with Rick, and Carol is burdened with guilt over the deaths of Mika and Lizzie. Daryl took a half-hearted chance on Carol going with him, and later poured out his soul to her when she showed interest. Daryl and Carol are in love, but they have personal demons they're trying to destroy, which leads to the sequel "No Secrets Between Us."

#39 Rapscallion, Oct 15, 2016
    Last edited: Oct 15, 2016
  20. ShaneFan

ShaneFan Well-Known Member

[MENTION=591]Rapscallion[/MENTION],

I truly did--it was great!

I agree with Carol's assessment of the Alexandrians being like children...they're innocent and naïve. I adore Aaron. I wish they'd show more Eric.

Daryl and Rick disagreeing or at least Daryl challenging Rick more is something that would be very interesting to see.

I'm glad Daryl was staying with the group. In the last scene, I thought he was going to leave forever. Now that they're in Alexandria, they can have their own space. They both have their own struggles as you mentioned, but it's what makes them great for each other. I look forward to reading the sequel!