Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Strand's Pole

Discussion in 'Episode 204 - Cherokee Rose' started by br0k3n, May 3, 2016.

?

Pitcher or Catcher?

Poll closed Jun 2, 2016.
  1. Strand pitches

8 vote(s)
    80.0%
  2. Strand catches

2 vote(s)
    20.0%
  1. br0k3n

br0k3n Member

Yep, intentional spelling lol

cast your vote! Is Strand the catcher or the pitcher?

Just one man's opinion here, but awkward kiss was awkward. I'm sure these two guys are decent actors, but that was ... forced. I'm no expert on gay stuff by any stretch, but the entire "relationship" as depicted was as much about gold digger Strand stealing from and using the Gay Scotsman (name?) as it was anything else. Maybe I'm wrong, but from my vantage point Strand wasn't believable as gay.

2. Chassit

Chassit Member

Who cares?

3. br0k3n

br0k3n Member

Keep calm and enjoy some humor.

4. QuantumCurt

QuantumCurt Member

What exactly makes someone "believably gay"?

5. br0k3n

br0k3n Member

There's an actor in TWD (sorry name has escaped me), who plays a gay man. He is in the finale scene with Neegan. He is believably gay. I don't know why, exactly - just a combination of personality, mannerism, everything - he just comes across as believable gay. Strand on the other hand looks like Ralphie opening the pink bunny pajamas from his aunt in The Christmas Story movie. Does not seem natural for him. I don't know why.

6. Zvivor

Zvivor Well-Known Member

Maybe Strand isn't really gay or totally gay. Maybe he's just playing Thomas Abigail because Abigail had him over a barrel. My guess is BI -- and with that, I'd vote for his role with Thomas Abigail being pitcher. I really can't tell -- being in love with Abigail explained his secretiveness and anxiety and his take-no-risks attitude with strangers. (Remember Rick's phase of going through that to the extent of their numbers being totally decimated?) I kind of bought Strand's lover in Mexico in the backstory and felt terrible for him when he dropped the SATPHONE. Luis seemed to corroborate there was a long term personal relationship that was motivating Strand, not narco-criminal stuff -- maybe.

This episode added questions to the "Who is Strand" question. I still like him. I am glad Madison is rescuing him (although the plausibility of a thin guy like that surviving the hypothermia of the cold currents is as unrealistic as zombies). A women, not in the great a shape going out in the launch alone to pull in a hypothermic male two feet taller than she is, is pretty dumb. If Madison can do it, especially in a rubber platform moving with the waves, she should take up body building competition. However, it's the right thing to do. They need Strand.

He might turn out to be ultimate bad guy and I'll grow to hate him yet. This episode made me like him more . (I thought it was smart he had the keys --- prevents hijackers from going anywhere. My recollection is he didn't jump ship with the keys until they were being hi-jacked, but maybe I didn't watch closely enough. )

Madison-Travis' group is a lot like Rick's group -- often totally unprepared with inadequate lookouts, but they can think on their feet.

7. Taeyeon'sBF

Taeyeon'sBF Well-Known Member

Oh boy dude. You just F#cked up so badly.
    Just bail and save yourself the flack.

8. LadyGrimes

LadyGrimes Well-Known Member

Like there's only type of gay? TBH people who don't read the comic probably didn't expect Aaron to be gay until he kissed Eric, which caused an uproar obviously. There's not one type of mannerism, behavior, out there. There are many and some would leave you surprised. But you strike me as a homophobe with some of your posts.

9. EvilDeadJ

EvilDeadJ Member

I understand what you are trying to say, and it would be cool if people dont jump on ya for this..because it brings up an interesting point.. maybe that kiss was "forced" maybe strand isnt gay.. and its all part of him playing Abigail for his money/investment capital..it also goes a long way in telling the type of character strand is.. someone who is willing to do whatever necessary for "more".. one totally motivated by gain.. gain of money, gain of power.. maybe eventually, gain of more time

10. BlackLightning

This episode did make it a point (or at least, did a really good job of suggesting) that Strand doesn't really love or care too much for anyone; instead, he is obligated to them.

The Strand-Abigail romance was shoe-horned. But I'll hold back and let the entire story play out. Because we've only peeled away the first layer to the onion that is Strand.

11. zombiemom62

zombiemom62 Well-Known Member

Well Negan has a bat so he must be on their team too.

12. br0k3n

br0k3n Member

Guess I'd better take heed from the guy with a blowjob joke in his sig.

Just clarifying. It's "inappropriate" for me to say I think the kiss was awkward & forced? Maybe they just reached the limits of their acting skills. Lighten up.

13. br0k3n

br0k3n Member

Don't assume things about people you don't know.

14. Taeyeon'sBF

I am not saying its inappropriate, I am just saying you should bail before the hate starts to pile up.
    Its self preservation. Nothing shameful about pulling the emergency shoot.
    Also, despite my joke, I have also been here longer. So yes...take heed from me.

15. br0k3n

br0k3n Member

So straight sex jokes are funny, but gay sex jokes will result in fines from the resident thought police. And these rules are to be followed because you have been here longer. I think I understand you now.

16. Jen7

Jen7 Well-Known Member

I was fine with your original post, because even though I've not watched the show, I have gathered Strand as perhaps a con man or a wild card, so i thought you were saying maybe he was conning someone in believing he was gay. I also appreciate a sex joke, so the catcher/pitcher thing didn't bother me.

I think it was when you went on to say that he didn't "seem" gay like Aaron does (...he does??) - as if you can tell by someone's looks or demeanor. lol

17. br0k3n

br0k3n Member

@Jen7

respectfully, what I said was that the Aaron was believable, and Strand was not.

The same reasoning applies to my opinion of both - something about how the role was played made it either believable or unbelievable. To some here, a gay sex joke and an opinion about believability has qualified me for the scarlet H.

#17 br0k3n, May 4, 2016
    Last edited: May 4, 2016
  18. Jen7

Jen7 Well-Known Member

Oh i see. Well i think Aaron and Eric were pretty clearly romantically involved and in an established committed relationship in their scenes so maybe that helped make it more believable for you...whereas maybe Strand's was less of an established relationship (or a con?) which made it more awkward. That's about all the guessing i can do since i haven't watched it.

19. Taeyeon'sBF

Thats good you understand me. Because I understand you.

20. mtito914

mtito914 Active Member

Usually it's when they are on there knees blowing a dude.