Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Support for 32 bit systems

Discussion in 'Z1: Battle Royale' started by Andrei, May 5, 2014.

1. Andrei

Andrei New Member

Will we ever see it? DayZ already wants to stop offering support to the users who have a 32 bit OS, simply because it is too limited and they need to develop it quicker. How do you feel about it?

2. WhiteAsh

WhiteAsh Member

I honestly do not understand why SOE should even bother with 32 bit executives. Windows XP support ended a month ago and the system is officially dead. Also, every CPU on the market that can run H1Z1 supports 64 bit instruction set. How many people still game on a 32 bit OS? On the other hand XP is still pretty popular in Asia so who knows, SOE might ship a 32 bit version just because of that - it's a huge market.

3. AlienNova

AlienNova New Member

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! Oh lawdy that's funny, DayZ took over $12,000,000 in revenue. I don't need to explain that SoE is funding H1Z1 with a hell of a lot less than that and they already have a more developed game than DayZ. They DayZ team is just lazy. More than likely, like PS2, 32bit is probably going to be the main thing for a while. PS2 still has yet to get a stable 64bit client officially out.

SoE aren't dicks and know what they are doing, unlike Rocket >.>

4. sparkblade14

sparkblade14 Member

Isn't SOE moving away from 32 bit support? I know there was a patch for Planetside a couple of weeks ago that added 64 bit support but it was unstable. I know they're dropping 32 bit support soon though. So, yeah there probably won't be 64 bit support for H1Z1.

5. MrHurricane89

MrHurricane89 Member

If they want to move forward with graphics, performance and utilizing the power of current PC technology, they should drop 32-bit and go 64 only. Come on people, if you play games then it is very likely that your PC is a 64-bit one. It really needs to take off, as too many games are still forced to have 32-bit exes, thus limiting performance, graphics and capabilities.

6. Lapolax

Lapolax Member

I doubt it, but it's possible. If they do have 32-bit support, it's likely that the system requirements will also be fairly low in general, atleast for minimum/lowest settings.

As other people have already said, who is even using 32-bit anymore? I mean, with a modern computer today, even a non-gaming computer should have 64-bit if you ask me. The cost differance between having a 32-bit and a 64-bit is way too low for someone to say that it's "too expensive to have 64-bit". People who have 32-bit computers are probably just saving every penny, or they have older computers and are unwilling to upgrade their system/parts of their system.

I suggest upgrading from 32-bit if you have 32 bit. Even if there will be 32-bit support in H1Z1, having a 64-bit computer is so much better in every possible way.

7. mark973

mark973 Member

Well, even though Microsoft stopped updating windows xp, people still use it. I mean A LOT of people. So, there is enough reason to bother with it.

8. Agent

Agent Member

Well if it's not that hard to do, they should go for it, this is not Windows XP we're talking about, 32 bit are still very common. I'm sure it won't hurt them that much to pay a guy or two to give some support to these people. I'm sorry but it's borderline lazy.