Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Talking Walkers

Discussion in 'Episode 208 - Grotesque' started by PepperAnn, Aug 22, 2016.

1. PepperAnn

PepperAnn Well-Known Member

Talking Infected didn't have as nice of a ring to it. :p

Anyway, I was watching Talking Dead last night, and Chris mentioned the infected talking to Nick (in his head at least). I am going to rewatch and see but did anyone catch whether the words were actual words? I saw the mouths moving but I didn't realize it was Nick imagining them talking to him.

#1 PepperAnn, Aug 22, 2016
    Last edited: Aug 22, 2016
  2. EZD

EZD Well-Known Member

I could make out several of the things he was hearing and was thinking at the time that it was really happening as he was walking among them and not all that far off from being "Dead" himself.

Then later on Talking Dead they said he was just crazy dreaming essentially and never mentioned or implied that he might have really been hearing them?
    I remember thinking at the time that this was a really interesting take on the moaning they do as though they really were communicating somehow but alas it seems the showrunners did not think so.

A missed opportunity I think.

3. 8307c4

8307c4 Well-Known Member

Nick was delirious and suffering from auditory hallucination, I do believe the walkers may have been in fact moaning and that helped things along but either way he's really lucky he didn't react because those walkers would have feasted on him real fast.

4. PepperAnn

So no actual made out words? I figured it would be something that would speak directly to his darkened state or guilty conscience. I'll rewach again tonight and see. Sometimes CC helps. I will try that too.

On a completely different note but this reminded me: If you use CC on Southpark when Kenny is "speaking" there are actual sentences. And they are hilarious. lol

I just derailed my own thread. :p

5. Neuropyramidal

Neuropyramidal Well-Known Member

they were saying "follow us" "come with us" "we'll take you home", and then the Gloria walker was saying "I'll take you home"

6. Neuropyramidal

Neuropyramidal Well-Known Member

Oh dear Tom Cruise's god, thank the universe they didn't have the walkers really trying to communicate. Thank them for missing that opportunity, which would have been worse than Eugene jumping over a rubber shark lol.

7. EZD

EZD Well-Known Member

No like I said I could easily make out what they were saying at times.

And I also wonder why Mexican Zombies would be moaning in English?!?
    So it must have been just in Nicks mind......as it was.

8. PepperAnn

Wow. Ok I should pay more attention I gather. lol

9. Jag

Jag Well-Known Member

Tijuana, Mexico is just beyond Mexican borders so it wouldn't be too far fetched that are speaking English honestly. It was obviously in his head they were speaking but I wouldn't find it strange English or broken English is used

10. EZD

EZD Well-Known Member

Yeah I have seen the pitch for the "Zebra" ride!

11. Gordian Knot

Gordian Knot Member

Definitely Nick hallucinating because of dehydration and near to passing out. What he was hearing may have had relevance to his psyche, but it was definitely all in his head.

12. PepperAnn

Rewatching the episode. You guys are good. I still couldn't make out ANYTHING. lol