Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Tara Vs. Dwight

Discussion in 'Episode 811 - Dead or Alive Or' started by Neuropyramidal, Mar 11, 2018.

1. Lindigo

Lindigo Well-Known Member

Real life Tara just had a baby and is now nursing. Let up on her, please.

• Agree Agree x 7
  2. Reina

Reina Active Member

Dwight. He genuinely is trying to make things right and understands he may not ever be able to do that, but he's still trying anyway. Or is it because he can't go back to Negan? Eventually they will find out what he's done, but nonetheless, he is fighting for the primary goal (unless it's just to survive). Tara is seeking vengeance for herself. A lot like Rosita was when Abe died. It's understandable, but annoying to watch. I flip flop on liking Tara. She's funny to me, but the Tara as of lately is exhausting.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. Apollonia

Apollonia Well-Known Member

Oh go screw yourself. We already have enough of your type on the forum.

@Dnae? Dont know what number you are at but can you please add this fool to the dungeon.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  4. Camilleyun

Camilleyun Well-Known Member

I wouldn't say I'm rooting for either one. Dwight is a much more interesting character, but I kinda get where Tara's coming from. She's been in complete revenge mode since AOW started and now she's forced to walk side by side through the woods as the group takes advice from the guy who shot an arrow through her girlfriend's skull. She has been forced to show mercy to the other captured Saviors too, after no mercy was shown to her and our group so I guess I can understand how the resentment and anger would eventually override any logic. Rosita knew it too which is why she followed her.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. mistertrouble189

mistertrouble189 Well-Known Member

I like Tara but she was disappointing me last night. I get her anger and thirst for vengenance (I like how they acknowledged that Rosita would have done the same).

What if it was Rosita versus Dwight. Everyone still vote for Dwight? I only ask because I know a lot of people don’t like Tara period.

#25 mistertrouble189, Mar 12, 2018
    Last edited: Mar 12, 2018
    • Like Like x 1
  6. Lindigo

Lindigo Well-Known Member

Oooh, that's a good question. I wouldn't be troubled then because the character of Rosita is naturally colder and more hardened. It would still be tactically stupid, but it would fit with Rosita's no-nonsense soldier vibe.

Edit. Oh. I missed the actual question. lol. Still Dwight.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  7. Marc

Marc Well-Known Member

Dwight is a bit like Troy in FTWD, a bad guy at the start that turns very useful. Just that Dwight killed 1 and didn't do a apeshit crazy move like Troy, Troy was the most interesting character in the third FTWD season I think but he was also the one who was the most damn crazy. But both evolved so much! From being hated characters to really seeing their struggles and fights they have endured before or under the bad times.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Rapscallion

Rapscallion Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

• Winner Winner x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  9. Black Panther

Black Panther Member

Dwight easily. Tara was Tarable... Amiright? #punoftheday

• Funny Funny x 3
  10. GrungeMan

GrungeMan Active Member

I see what you mean, but I think the routes running through and around the woods were crawling with Saviors. Also, our A team characters were wadding through swamp water while many red shirts (including Judith) were sitting ducks w/ little cover at the time Dwight made his decision.

They could haven taken out those four, but the consequence would have been alerting many more Saviors of their location.

• Like Like x 1
  11. ShaneFan

ShaneFan Well-Known Member

Dwight 100% for all the reasons mentioned here.

12. Camilleyun

This is funny and the irony isn't lost on me,but I think the comparison is unfair. Tara met the Governor as Brian, a completely broken man who helped her and her sister. She only went along with him after her niece was attacked and the Guv crafted his story about Rick and co. being murderers who didn't deserve the safety of the prison. It was pretty clear that Tara wasn't really on board once they rolled up on the prison and the Guv revealed his true nature while talking to Rick. Rick saw it too when he asked "pigtails" if this is what she wanted. She hid after seeing what happened to Hershel instead of joining in on the attack

Dwight made a decision to return to the Sanctuary knowing full well who and what Negan is. Dwight had an actual conscious choice where as I think Tara just found herself in the middle of something she didn't realize she signed up for until it was too late. She pretty much says so on the road with Glenn. Besides, her group was decimated and Rick's group was scattered so there wasn't much of a choice to be made afterward

All that said, Dwight is still the more interesting character and I hope see we more of him going forward. I liked Tara more when we first met her but at this point her death would only evoke a half hearted 'meh' from me

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  13. Marc

Marc Well-Known Member

She was still part of that, still part of something bigger that ruined the prison, killed dozens, children among them and dislocated the A-team. Dwight took a bit further by killing Denise. But I still think she should not talk about switching teams. Dwight was not onboard either but he had to serve Negan. Didn't know where to go either. Who would welcome a Lieutenant this far into the Post Apoc? Who would not ask questions why he is burned and how far would Negan go to find one of his second hands?

14. Camilleyun

She was part of it up until she realized she was mislead. Dwight was on board, albeit out of self preservation, but he had more of a choice than Tara did. That's my problem with the comparison, Dwight decided to return and follow Negan despite knowing he was psycho, Tara followed Brian up until he revealed himself as a psycho. I do get the irony but I think if you really break it down, their circumstances are very different.

• Agree Agree x 2
  15. Jen7

Jen7 Well-Known Member

I agree. While I think Dwight is redeemable too, I don't think it's really an equal comparison. She didn't go along with the Governor once she witnessed what he was really all about. Maybe that contributes in part to how she feels about Dwight...maybe she feels like he should have done the same.

I'm curious how she will feel about Eugene if he tries to come back. They were close before he was taken by Negan...will she also feel like he can't just switch sides or is her vendetta against Dwight all personal because of Denise?

• Like Like x 3
  16. Dnae

Dnae Well-Known Member

Eugenie is going to have an uphill climb in regard to the family and how his return (because I do believe he will in fact return) is received

How Rosita accepts (or not accepts) him will be interesting

• Agree Agree x 2
  17. Jen7

Jen7 Well-Known Member

I'm also dying to know if

18. Sharpie61

Sharpie61 Well-Known Member

I took Daryl and Rosita’s side. It was neither the time or place.

But - if Tara would not have gone after Dwight, the group wouldn’t have known about the saviors being there.
    And if Dwight would not have led the saviors in a different direction, the group would have been gun down.
    I think the episode was about how you can have some good, in a bad situation.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
  19. Dnae

Dnae Well-Known Member

I have been wondering the same thing...

• Creative Creative x 1
  20. Jen7

Jen7 Well-Known Member

I had the same thought a little earlier on about
    , and even more so after this episode...I don't think it would be bad at all. It's hard for me to imagine him in a relationship with anyone at this point, but it seems a little unrealistic that he would never find love at all.