Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Team Prison Meets Team Tyrese

Discussion in 'Episode 308 - Made To Suffer' started by ChokeHldsIllegal, Dec 7, 2012.

1. ChokeHldsIllegal

Disregarding really important story lines like

"Operation Rescue Glenn and Maggie: Oh crap we left Daryl!"

or

"The Governor Presents: The Dixon Family Reunion"

I want to focus on something a bit smaller but worth a discussion i feel.

The similarities between Rick/Carl/Lori and the family of Allen/Ben/Donna from Team Tyrese.

We all had HUGE reactions to the death of Lori (obviously the fact that we know the Grimes' well, Lori was preggo, and Carl had to pull the "Old Yeller" bit adds to the drama) but the tragedy is all the same for Ben and Allen (and Tyrese and Sasha)

Suggested Topics

What role will Carl/Rick play in helping Ben/Allen come to terms with what has happened to their family? Carl is incredibly strong and thoughtful... The scene between Daryl and Carl comes to mind and I wonder if Carl may be there for Ben in a similar way Daryl was for him. Carl seems a bit more "hardened" and "trained" by his experiences and even though he is a few years younger than Ben, age means very little during the ZA. Its like doggy years.. hah... And Rick, well after the breakdown, the "Shane Sighting" and his overall high tension level, who knows where he will land on the issue.

Perhaps these recent losses from both sides bring these two groups together. I can see a situation in which Rick struggles to make a decision about whether or not to trust Team Tyrese. Perhaps Rick will be leaning towards no but Carl helps to change his mind bringing to light their common ground. This may be part of the scene we saw in the preview for the second half of season 3/

I think we can all see, each group needs one another in many ways. Which of these many ways will be the one to bring them together?

#1 ChokeHldsIllegal, Dec 7, 2012
    Last edited: Dec 7, 2012
  2. Machete

Machete Active Member

If Rick's recent actions tell us anything, he will slap Tyreese in the leg in an ineffectual and lame way and ask him: "Why did you come here?", "Who are you?"

All in all it seems that Carl handles new visitors much better than his old man.

3. ggill09

ggill09 Member

I think with all the losses that his group is taking, he doesnt really have a choice but to except them. He knows the gov is out there and well armed, so he has to start preparing and getting more numbers is a huge help for that! Also, I think once he meets Tyreese, he will realize what a nice guy he is and that they are suffering the same as him, so he will bring them in. Plus lets face it.....

4. Sunshine

Sunshine Active Member

Break brains togther

[​IMG]

5. JohnD

JohnD Member

Michonne will go down sooner or later.

6. marsyao

marsyao Member

After what he just went through, Rick will not trust Tyrese right away, on the other hand, If I was Tyrese, I will have my people immediately pack and leave the prison, the war is coming which would make the prison a much more dangerous place, why should I fight a war that has nothing to do with my people.
    Here is a little about the background of the Tyrese's group:
    THR: Showrunner Glen Mazzara told us Tyreese's group is the remains of a larger group -- where did they come from? What's their agenda?
    Coleman: They were in bunkers down in Jacksonville and came out and everybody was trying to make their way to Atlanta and the CDC thinking that was the way to go and we picked up a number of folks along the way and had our battles as well. We had 25 folks and it dwindled down. That will be addressed. When you see us out there in the woods, they're at their wit's end. As much hell as Rick and his group has gone through we have, too.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/liv...coleman-396788

7. marsyao

marsyao Member

Tyrese's group went through hell and spend about 1 year on the road, anyone could survive that long on the road must be very tough, that is why I am surprised that Ben still looks so soft and Donna's loud scream.

8. Machete

Machete Active Member

It is also surprising that in all that time on the road they didnt manage to pick up any better weapons. I understand Tyreese's hammer is iconic, but you think the other's could do better than shovels.

9. marsyao

marsyao Member

They may have guns with them, but they could run out of ammunition some times ago, Rick's group are also short of bullets.

10. Machete

Machete Active Member

Valid point. However there are other weapons besides guns. Guns are more of a liability anyway because eventually you WILL run out of bullets. Also they attract walkers. I was thinking more of hand to hand to hand weapons, like an axe or... a Machete :)

A shovel is not that great a choice IMO.

11. marsyao

marsyao Member

Ben did has a Machete, Allen has a basket bat, Tyress has 2 hammers and Sasha has a shovel, all good hand to hand weapons, they last vehicle must have broken down, then they were attacked by walkers, so they were forced to run with very few thing with them, do you notice they almost have nothing except one duffel bag and 1-2 small backpacks?

12. Machete

Machete Active Member

I did think about that possibility. I am sure that we will find out what happened at some point, but you are probably pretty close to right. I know that if I ever find myself in a ZA, I will have my Machete on my person at ALL times, just to avoid that very scenario.

13. marsyao

marsyao Member

Ben used his Machete to kill a walker, as a result, his Machete got stuck inside the walker's skull, he has to abandon it.

14. marsyao

marsyao Member

Besides, I could understand why Allen wants to take over the prison by force, not very wise but makes sense, he is a very harden survivor now, he only cares his own people, and does not give a damn to anyone who is not in his group

15. Duzy

Duzy Active Member

Ideally, this would be my go to melee weapon...

[​IMG]

It just has so many uses...

As for their choice of melee weapons, shovels wouldn't be that bad in a pinch. Reach is a good thing if ya ask me. That, and apparently zombie skulls are very brittle.

#15 Duzy, Dec 8, 2012
    Last edited: Dec 8, 2012
  16. Felicia

Felicia Active Member

I don't think the two young men are going to be buddies if the newcomers actually go through with the current idea they were hatching about taking the prison because they think Carl and Carol will be easy to take it from.

17. marsyao

marsyao Member

It is not that simple, Tyress's group also went through the same hell on the road for so long, they are a bunch of tough survivors too, with the element of surprise, and it is almost certain that they could take out Carol and Carl "before they know what hit them", however thing would be different when Rick is back.

18. Lawman

Lawman Member

The first thing I think Rick will do is talk to Carl. Even though Carl is young, Rick accepts his input. When Carl tells Rick that Tyrese accepted Carl as being in charge, and Tyrese siad he did not want any trouble, Rick will be inclined to accept Tyrese. I can envision Tyrese and Rick talking, especially about how Carl helped Tyrese, and how Tyrese made no trouble for Carl. When someone respects your kids the parents are inclined to accept that person. Rick will still be cautious, but he knows he will need people that can fight.

19. Felicia

Felicia Active Member

As for taking the prison, they have completely ignored Hershel, though hurt is a good shot. And now would be a good time for Axel to stand up and maybe show some backbone. That kid and his father are only "thinking" its going to be easy to take the prison from Carl and Carol (both who might give them more fight than they were counting on). I know they have all been on the road and are all very tough survivors yadda yadda...but Rick's group rolled into that prison large and in charge while Tyreese's came crying for help. Without Tyreese and Stacia supporting them, and I get the feeling the idea didn't sit well with either of them, I doubt that guy and his son could take it.

20. marsyao

marsyao Member

Axel did not show he had any backbone when Rick took over the prison, why this time he would act any different? After took out Carol and Carl, Tyrese, Sasha and Allen would have guns, Hershel could not move fast, Berth is just a kids, Tyrese could take care of them easily, the question is when Rick is back, that would be a whole different story. As I said, Allen's plan is not wise, if you want to start a war, at least you should know who you are going to fight. Allen knows virtually nothing about Rick's group, that makes this an unwise plan