Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

The Abigail

Discussion in 'Episode 209 - Los Muertos' started by Daryl Rocks, Aug 29, 2016.

1. Daryl Rocks

Daryl Rocks Well-Known Member

So who took the boat? Pirates? Or was it Travis and Chris and they will find them later? Did they really think it would still be there? Big empty luxury yacht, ya, that will still be there...

2. PepperAnn

PepperAnn Well-Known Member

Strand thinks it was the military...

3. QuantumCurt

QuantumCurt Member

I doubt that it was Travis and Chris. Travis has always been the 'good guy' character, and he'd know that if the others needed to leave the compound, they likely would have made their way back to the Abigail. I don't think he would have taken it for just Chris and himself.

I suspect that Strand is probably correct in his assumption that the military took it.

4. Neuropyramidal

Neuropyramidal Well-Known Member

Absolutely. I mean the military basically were right behind them, and forced them to shore where they didn't really want to dock. How could they possibly NOT think they didn't steal the boat immediately? Its surprising they even bothered to go back there, thinking it could possibly still be there. Then they act super surprised, like "how could this happen??" lol

5. 8307c4

8307c4 Well-Known Member

We don't actually know what happened to it, but it either disappeared or got sunk.

6. Spidey

Spidey Active Member

With any luck Tobias got it

7. Zombiekaaner

Zombiekaaner Member

The Abigail is a glaring continuity error. The military COULDN'T have taken it as soon as they disembarked, because nick went back to it to retrieve Louis days after they landed. Remember Nick brought Celia's son back to her? He was aboard the boat.

Personally - I think its Daniel Salazar. He survived the fire, and took the boat so that he can make a triumphant return with it and somehow save the day in Season 3. I doubt highly that we have seen the last of the good ship Abigail. Here's why. They spent a BUTTLOAD of money building that set, for very little use. For as few underway / boat based scenes as we had seen that it would have made more sense just to charter a yacht and film on it. Instead they built that whole "half boat in a tank with an infinity pool" rig. The amount of capital investment in creating such a set, when they could have just rented a yacht to film on, tells me that the boat will be back.

8. Daryl Rocks

Daryl Rocks Well-Known Member

Or maybe "whathername" from the plane crash. That's a pretty complicated boat for a rookie though.

9. PepperAnn

PepperAnn Well-Known Member

Oooh, I like this idea. Great way for Daniel to re-enter the show.

10. Gordian Knot

Gordian Knot Member

Or maybe "whathername" from the plane crash. That's a pretty complicated boat for a rookie though.

Oh Yes! Alex has the boat. This I like! With her attitude about the group they are going to have to do some serious ass kissing if they expect her to let them back on board.

11. dhdhdh33

dhdhdh33 Member

That would be awesome. Maybe he hitched a ride with the water hoarding cop.

12. LadyGrimes

LadyGrimes Well-Known Member

I hope so!

13. Pogo the Possum

Pogo the Possum Active Member

Perhaps Daniel AND Alex have the Abigail . Would make sense for them to have a bottle episode that brings Alex into the fold with the main group . We'll have to wait and see .

14. Uh Clem

Uh Clem New Member

Daniel didn't show any ability to hotwire the Abigail during their last 'need to hotwire'. Not that he couldn't figure it out - but still, he didn't even attempt.

If Alex arrived, she might have realized she needed a hotwire expert from chatter during their previous encounter.

I'm not voting for Daniel to have located the Abigail first because he didn't have a vehicle that we saw, and at best he'd have been 'just in front' of his own daughter's truck (with Strand, Madison et al). He MIGHT have made it back to the Abigail first but, by how much? Minutes? An hour or two? Then he had to reach the Abigail (swim? Take the launch that Nick used to retrieve Zombie Luis?)... then figure out how to hotwire it, weigh the anchor, etc.

Alex is the interesting possibility. Alyson's 'boyfriend' recognized the Abigail's radar signature readily when he had Alyson up on the bridge. So, he knows how to read THAT ship's radar and discern one Blip from Another. This would be critical for locating one small boat along a hundred KM of Baja Coastline ("Tijuana 100"). However, he'd need THAT ship's exact radar. And that ship had at least a dozen large-caliber bullet holes in its hull. That's what Travis was trying to look out of, when he was caged - at least a dozen large bullet holes. Those would need to be welded up first. That would take a good day. Then another day of curing. A day of float-testing, and then re-load that ship with fuel and supplies. So, Alex & Crew would be starting perhaps 5 days after they'd last seen the Abigail (day rescue). Could the Boyfriend certainly remember the exact radar sig of the Abigail after so long? Maybe... he was looking at a lot of other radar sigs, though.

"The Military" is the most reasonable. They didn't have to follow The Abigail. They knew who was setting up the pay-off and where their destination was. They knew The Abigail and its likely berthing points. They didn't have to chase them down immediately (thus allowing Nick to retrieve Zombie Luis). They could show up days later as they determined exactly how bad the situation-on-land was. "The Military" seems the most reasonable choice. Not that these writers use "reason".

#14 Uh Clem, Aug 30, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 30, 2016
  15. BlackLightning

I think we'll see the boat again. With whom is the question.

My bet is on Alex and the surviving pirates from episode 4-5.

16. Neuropyramidal

They would have had to somehow cross the border into Mexico. We saw how hard that was. Alex and Daniel very unlikely have it. I think the border military [who were right behind them when they docked] stole it. Its history ;)

17. BlackLightning

True. But the pirates had guns and strength of numbers. Border patrol wasn't running that deep.

But you're probably right. Military probably has it. I think the group will run into them (and end up fighting them) either at the very end of this season or early next season. Someone said earlier that they spend way too much time and money building the Abigail and pool set just for it to disappear after 7 episodes.

18. Neuropyramidal

Well, i'm sure the border patrol had guns and numbers too. We only saw a small fraction of them. It may return in some capacity though, and we could still use the pool sets for other water ventures.

19. BlackLightning

You know what would be funny/cool?

If the military had both the Abigail and the pirates in custody.

20. 8307c4

8307c4 Well-Known Member

What, no, teh Daniel Salazar is deat,ded,dead,kaput, fubar.