Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

The Almost Rape Scene

Discussion in 'Episode 307 - When the Dead Come Knocking' started by HisMrs, Nov 25, 2012.

1. Voncroy

Voncroy Member

I'm pretty sure he didn't rape her. He definitely humilliated her and that was enough. As I said, there was nothing that led us to believe she was raped: Governor's talking was sooo staged for Glenn to be fooled into believing Maggie was raped that you can't possibily - as audience - believe it indeed hapenned.

2. fiction

fiction New Member

Rape is basically about power, control and humiliation. I think the scene was able to convey all of that without getting into an actual rape which would've looked exploitative on television and undermined the point of the scene.

#22 fiction, Nov 26, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 26, 2012
  3. Voncroy

Voncroy Member

This already looks like the "Lori is alive!" thread...

There are numerous ways to imply rape without exploiting it. That scene did NONE of them. Nothing was even implied. There was absolutely nothing that could imply the rape hapenned.

4. Killermolls

Killermolls Member

I agree, I don't think she was. Just tormented and humiliated. Possibly the gov wanted to fool Glenn into thinking rape happened.

5. stompykitty

stompykitty New Member

I also wondered if they would play out what is in the comic in this scene :(( I was like Chris Hardwick "No, no please no" watching this. I know they push the envelope alot in this show, but I'm not sure they will go that far.

6. page

page Well-Known Member

There was no rape. I posted somewhere else. He just had sex with Andrea. There was no gas in the engine. He did humiliate her though.

7. stompykitty

stompykitty New Member

Yeah def no rape occurred, Gov was just talking smack for Glen's sake. Extra icky!

8. DeafManWalks

DeafManWalks Member

Maggie wasn't physically raped but rape is as a power trip. So the Gov psychologically raped her by forcing her to strip and bending her over.

9. Voncroy

Voncroy Member

I agree, it was very humilliating to her... Specially the way he grabbed her in front of his crotch.

10. mtamborra

mtamborra Member

they made it 100% obvious he didn't rape her. He was just intimidating her and letting her know he could do whatever the hell he wants to her if he felt like it. He was mentally breaking her. He just had sex with andrea like 10 minutes before that and he is no teenager. I'm sure he needs recovery time

11. MrSmith317

MrSmith317 Active Member

OK, I'm going to take some of the piss out of this scene. Maggie is a smart girl, she could have gotten the upper hand on the Gov. Of course not knowing who he was probably didn't help her much. He could have been the guy beating the piss out of Glen...but I digress. The Gov took his gun belt off and laid it down, then approached her. All modesty aside, she could have had his weapons and distance enough to use them. She could have seriously turned a frown upside down.

12. quickness26

quickness26 Member

I thought the same thing!

13. Jakobi

Jakobi Administrator

I thought Maggie was going to do that, that The Governor under estimated her. I was ready for her to fight.

14. undeadchick

undeadchick Member

Haha I don't think that of he were single, raping Maggie would be any less disgusting and wrong. He's a sicko, plain and simple. That scene made my stomach turn and gave me chills. Ugh governor and Merle are absolute psychopath scum and need to get killed slowly.

15. mothra19

mothra19 Member

I was seriously looking at the tv through my fingers, like nononononononoooooo! So scared for Maggie. The Governor is a rapist, he just is - as a character in the comics, that's kind of his thing. So I expect we'll see more in that department...though I wonder if they will really go there. Whichever character it might happen to, it'll be horrific.

16. HeeroBlaze

HeeroBlaze Member

He didn't rape her because she told him to do whatever he was going to do. She wasn't going to tell him what he wanted to know by raping her. Only when the Governor threatened Glenn did she tell him what he wanted to know.

17. Jakobi

Jakobi Administrator

That's a good point.

18. CorpseKiller

CorpseKiller Member

I wonder if his relationship with Andrea is really romantic or if he is just using her for the time being as I believe he does with all the woman of Woodbury. He seems to want to be the Alpha Male of the town like a lion with his choice of mates.

19. Atheos

Atheos Member

yeah.. It's quite clear.. no rape happened.

20. CorpseKiller

CorpseKiller Member

I hope that if the team does try raping Beth she is saved by Carl. I can picture him shooting one of the Govenors minions in the head as they are attacking her. That would up Carl's bad-ass level quite a few points.