Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

The appearance of lost characters in the afterlife

Discussion in 'Episode 509 - What Happened and What's Going On' started by lovethishow, Feb 9, 2015.

1. Heriot of Fire

hallucinating whatever you want sounds like a rather tidy skill

2. zombiemom62

zombiemom62 Well-Known Member

That's really sweet of you, nothing like the kids reminding you of their parents having sex, and just how old she is, lol. Seriously, you are lucky to have your mom around, I miss mine everyday!

#122 zombiemom62, Feb 10, 2015
    Last edited: Feb 10, 2015
  3. LadyGrimes

LadyGrimes Well-Known Member

Tyreese was seeing those he felt responsible for.

Martin: Because he didn't kill him when he had the chance.
    Bob: Because Tyreese didn't kill Martin
    The Governor: Because Tyreese didn't do anything to stop him.
    Lizzie and Mika: Because he was haunted by their deaths.
    Beth: Because his plan to rescue her was a failure.

He didn't see Karen because he no longer felt the guilt and pain of losing her. He forgave Carol and that cleansed him of those feelings, allowing him to let go completely.

IMO they were like his conscience with the whole good and the bad perspective on things.

4. Laurieellen

Laurieellen Well-Known Member

My thoughts exactly.

5. Biffster

Biffster Well-Known Member

Gee, our old LaSalle ran great.

6. jj_vsp

jj_vsp Well-Known Member

While dressing up as a woman.. that little cross-dressing bastard. lol

7. Prufrock

Prufrock Well-Known Member

Good to see you again!

i thought was J. Edgar Hoover? Oh, hell- times haven't changed- there are probably tons of skeletons we have yet to discover :)

8. jj_vsp

jj_vsp Well-Known Member

ooops..that's correct. I shouldn't drink and post. lol :)

carry on everyone...

9. AnnieOakley

AnnieOakley Active Member

Despite being an evil bastard, everything Martin said was 100% correct (about Tyreese), and was exactly what someone/everyone should've done to hold Tyreese accountable when he was a living, cowardly idiot. His TV character was shite and he should've died after not killing snapping-baby-neck Martin, and lying about it/justifying it to Sasha. He was a fool who endangered the group, and even though I'm posting this during re-runs having already seen it, my Tyreese hatred is back full swing. Man I'm glad he's dead, but mostly because the writers made him an imbecile, when they could've just copied the comic, literally write nothing, and it would be better than anything they did. This brain-dead moron still pisses me off from the grave... technically the writers, but still.

#129 AnnieOakley, Dec 6, 2015
    Last edited: Dec 6, 2015
  10. ShaneFan

ShaneFan Well-Known Member

I thought it was beautiful that Tyrese saw those he loved as he was dying. I work for hospice and it's very common that dying patients see those who have already passed away before they die. Sometimes a person's pre-deceased loved ones help them to "cross over". The fact that he also saw Martin and Governor--IMO it represented Tyrese questioning his decisions, making sure he has no regrets, and ultimately having peace. He had peace that he forgave Carol, that he was able to maintain who he is, his integrity. And when he was in the car with Beth driving, Bob in the passenger seat, with Mika and LIzzie, he was making his final transition. Sometimes the dying talk about dying in symbolic terms such as "I'm gonna pack my backs" or "I'm going on a trip"...so this episode showed Tyrese's dying process, how he was living and yet dying, dying and yet living, he was reflecting on his life, and he was finally able to let go and die peacefully. I have to say this episode made me choked up. It was wonderfully done. Just...wow.