Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

The Arena?

Discussion in 'Episode 105 - Cobalt' started by Montyzuma, Sep 28, 2015.

1. Zombie_Rhino

Zombie_Rhino Well-Known Member

I can imagine that scene... but I really wanted to see that play out on TV. I think they should start with a flashback of that for next episode. anyone second that?

2. LadyGrimes

LadyGrimes Well-Known Member

I hope Tobias wasn't in there.

3. mtito914

mtito914 Active Member

I can see that, good point. That actually would have been a really good scene..

4. mtito914

mtito914 Active Member

That would be a good flashback. They started S1E6, TS-19 with the great Shane at hospital flashback involving the military..

5. shhh its me

shhh its me Member

This , they didn't go catch walkers to put them in the arena it was a staging area of some sorts. It could have been a triage/hospital, way station or even the destination. There was a panic to get out and people were trampled to death and quickly turned. In all likelihood not just civilians were locked in but probably some military and aid/evacuation workers wouldn't have been able to get out the doors on time either.

We also don't know where the line of "Humanly terminate" will be, they may mean everyone in the "Hospital" or those so sick they would die without medical intervention or anyone having a meltdown/fever(those moved "Downstairs")

6. Pogo the Possum

Pogo the Possum Active Member

The military in Argentina 'disappeared' thousands ...putting them in an arena before murdering them.

7. Spidey

Spidey Active Member

I hope that he was and somehow he managed to still be in there, alive and well. That would show him as the true badass that he is.

In all reality Tobias is holed up somewhere in the mojave desert where he planned to go. Kid was smart and knew exactly what to do. Probably one of the view in this universe that had actually seen a zombie movie.

8. Hope the Savior

Oh no, I definitely don't expect Daniel to release them. I presumed he walked to the arena to confirm what Cpl Adams said. Daniel distrusts the military, but he wouldn't be so crazy or stupid as to endanger his daughter -- "the one thing in this world [he] knew that would be pure." (But if he were the one to release for some asinine reason, well, godspeed and good luck to everyone, especially the MOCS clan because that man is crazy, dangerous, and stupid.)

I've been thinking about that scene all night and all day, imagining how those poor souls must have felt and how they tried to escape.

I would like to see that flashback; it would be cool to see. Plus, it could foreshadow the current survivors' potential struggles when the herd does eventually escape, as well as further demonstrate why the military currently enacts such a callous approach to civilians.

9. el_hombre

el_hombre Member

Possibly because it was one way to confirm that what he was being told by that soldier was true.
    It seems like the arena is where the real uncontrollable epidemic in LA is going to take hold. Especially with the army starting to abandon their posts.

It was good to see a little bit of the army's reality in this episode.

10. Montyzuma

Montyzuma Member

Yes, this makes sense.

11. Lindigo

Lindigo Well-Known Member

That's such a good idea you should post a separate thread titled MOCS = (spell it out) clan, so even casual readers will see it. :)

12. Neuropyramidal

Neuropyramidal Well-Known Member

Yes, and he seemed to be on foot, so I don't think he was on his way to the hospital, which was a 15 minute drive away. I think he just went to check on the arena quickly, and head back to the safe zone. At the start of the next episode, he'll be back in the zone.

13. Lindigo

Lindigo Well-Known Member

I must have missed the establishing shot that this was the Arena. I thought Daniel had gone to the hospital and it had already turned and been chained up in the same fashion as the Arena had been described. Good thing if the hospital is still functional. Could be a useful place to hole up for a while with whatever supplies were left behind, and individual cages for safety's sake, a la the prison.

14. Apollonia

Apollonia Well-Known Member

Oh they go back all right. In the promo on youtube for E6, shows the Arena's doors bulging. Another quick scene showed a bunch of zombies walking down a hallway. The other scenes look pretty intense. Have a feeling that they do not build doors as sturday as they used to at the ole Arena over there. It looks really good!

15. Thrishmal

Thrishmal New Member

I have wondered if Daniel wouldn't go to the hospital after that, find his wifes corpse with a fatal wound to the head, then go back to the arena to let the walkers out as revenge since he would obviously misunderstand the death of his wife.

16. Neuropyramidal

Neuropyramidal Well-Known Member

For the first few seconds of watching it, I thought it was the hospital too, but then they show a shot where you can tell its the arena. Plus, we see that the hospital is still functioning for awhile longer in the next episode.

17. CSFurious

CSFurious Member

disagree with part, agree with part

i think the government put the people in the arena and the military guarded it; things went bad fast and they had to lock it up; Corporal says "i never saw people turn that fast before"

i definitely think that when they fight the National Guard, Daniel and Madison will use a zombie herd as a distraction and the arena is a place where there are a lot of zombies