Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

The crying baby scene & Beth

Discussion in 'Episode 309 - The Suicide King' started by wolffe, Feb 11, 2013.

1. wolffe

wolffe Member

1. When rick holds the baby and looks into it, he realizes the baby will soon turn into a zombie/human hybrid, possibly with psychic powers

2. beth, the naughty little 16 year old she is, will soon be Ricks girl. you can see it in her face that she wants the d, and she even kissed rick on the cheek after they returned (the body language seemed it was both as a thanks and as a "welcome back handsome".

discuss

2. Jakobi

Jakobi Administrator

lol. Well the more I think about it something might happen but not on the relationship side. I am just thinking how they keep showing Beth caring for the baby, and how Beth kissed rick on the cheek for thanking him for saving Maggie.

Maybe Rick in his crazy mind might confuse the fact that Beth is acting as the "mother", and that he might confuse the "kiss" for something else.

3. wolffe

wolffe Member

hmmm. I'd say carol is the resident Momma of the group now, being the oldest female. WHen you think about it beth & maggie are babies compared to carol. You can see carol is the dominant motherly figure because she prepared the bed & is clearly more experienced.

as for Rick, damn him to hell he's literally dove off the deep end I'd actually prefer Tyrese to be the leader since his mind seems clear, fresh & sharp. He also looks like he could benchpress a 400lb tuna

4. kmangel

kmangel Member

Beth probably does have a crush on Rick. It's non uncommon to find someone else in authority attractive. But that's as far as it will go--attraction. I don't think Rick would act on her crush.

5. theNextmrsGrimes

theNextmrsGrimes Active Member

Not to mention the fact that Hershel would kill Rick, even though Rick is dealing with PTSD.

6. walkerbiter

walkerbiter Member

i seriously doubt that there will be anything between rick & beth. as for the baby, she will probably be killed off, maybe even rick will consider that option, but there is no way that he will actually do that. main character mustn't do something that will make him the most hatred by the fans, at least not until the very end of the show.

7. rabscuttle1

rabscuttle1 Well-Known Member

:zombies_rolleyes:

8. DarylFTW

DarylFTW Member

This has me thinking. Maybe Rick will confuse Beth for Lori. Seeing her mothering "their" child. What if he held Beth and the baby hostage with him "to protect them". And poor Hershel would have to talk to the crazy Rick that he's seen since the phone incident and try to talk him to sanity. That would be awful if Rick lost it and hurt either Beth or the baby.

9. Agramer

Agramer Well-Known Member

I agree.

There is no way they will end up together (she's 17 and he is in the early 40 I think). If she wants something like that, she'll find someone "suitable" for her, lol.

10. Lyla

Lyla New Member

I've been thinking along this same line. Could be part of Rick's "breakdown".

Agree with everyone else who thinks Beth's too young for Rick but, on the other hand, the world's a different place after the zombie apocalypse. Who knows?

11. PepperAnn

PepperAnn Well-Known Member

Come on guys! Why does a simple kiss on the cheek spark all this talk about Beth having a crush on Rick? Haven't any of you ever kissed someone on the cheek as a thank you or as a hello or goodbye? Did that mean you had a crush on them???

A lot of people were thanking Rick for pulling off the mission of rescuing Glenn and Maggie. Beth is young and probably looks at Rick as like an uncle or something similiar. She was just showing her gratitude for bringing home Maggie.

12. Donnnn

Donnnn Well-Known Member

13. HockeyMomChris

HockeyMomChris Active Member

It was a simple damn kiss, has nobody else in this world ever experienced this or there a select few of us? Everyone seems to think they need to add something additional to it when in fact, it was most likely a non-factor.

14. PepperAnn

THANK YOU!!!! Jeez...

I'd like to thank HM AND myself and the only way I can do that is to quote myself. :Grin:

15. Alina

Alina Well-Known Member

Eh, I went hunting for it and couldn't find it but there's a classic New Yorker cartoon that shows 3 men sitting around a table in a restaurant and the waitress says "thanks for the tip guys" and the thought bubble above each of the 3 men is "she wants me". I think that's what's going on here.

16. PepperAnn

Bunch of sex-crazed peeps here.. :Grin:

17. theNextmrsGrimes

theNextmrsGrimes Active Member

Hell yeah!

18. HockeyMomChris

HockeyMomChris Active Member

Thank you ma'am! Just calling it as I see it as I tend to do!

19. Canada Guy

Canada Guy Member

Beth is going to assume all motherly duties and want ALL the perks that go with it. Rick will do his best to resist over the course of a season - however, "resistance is futile" in a ZA. Ya, it's a little taboo in the our world. But the show could use a little passion. Prepare yourselves for a season of sexual tension between the two.

20. PepperAnn

y'all are all nutso. IT WAS JUST A KISS OF THANKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!