Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

The Ending Ruined This Episode

Discussion in 'Episode 615 - East' started by Rapscallion, Mar 27, 2016.

1. Stealth

Stealth Well-Known Member

I said this in the ratings thread, but we really didn't need to have anyone captured. Overall it would have been a more effective if they followed the comic route.

We just had too many people running around in 615, particularly with an undefined threat looming outside the walls.

2. Marc

Marc Well-Known Member

This whole season been one dimensional. No one even care about red shirts dying, and they died en masse. Im suprised there even is people left alive among the no named.

I really do hope they revamp Negan, Governo in tv > Governor in comic. But I think they gonna run with a lot of traits from the ridiculous Comic book character. I have a hate-love relationship for him. The comic book Negan still got more human traits than the governer in comic book shape. But all they shown on the show is inhumanity and crazy people. Really, this is getting old. First Gareths man eating people, their own kind of crazy and then the Wolves. Now the Saviours with their soccer moms, bikers and t-shirt guy nr:313134. Im really sceptical and think this whole season was a dud as of yet, We did not need a whole 8 episode track down of the zombie horde and a long and tedious Morgan spin off episode. Mid Season finale should have ended with them fighting off the herd and taking back Alexandria, We did not need about 9 to 10 episodes just about this god damn herd.

Nor is there consistency with so many of Negans men who have died. HOW MANY IS THERE? WHy do they have big guns? The comic is all about numbers (someone said about 70 from a wiki source) and barely any guns. And how come he could gather all the psychos in the world in one place? It do not really fit the overall theme of the tv-show. It fit the comic since there we already had lunatic morons from before, Whisperers, Woodbury with their psycho leader.

How come no one of Negans did a rattle down on the Wolves and their walker creator compound? Convenient map reveal as if it was a game, Rick as unlocked the next area, Saviour territory.

EDIT: ANd all of them being captured over and over, has no one learned yet? Dwight learned nothing, Daryl, Glenn, Rosita, learned nothing. Carol? Learned nothing. They make Morgan look like the most interesting and clear headed guy and that says a lot. Especially Glenn should off known not to be this stupid after being captured by Merle. DO no one even tell the others they been captured? No one reacts on anything anymore and it seems to be a lot of distance between them and no communication. THe show portrays this poorly in many episodes.

3. DeeLaurean

DeeLaurean Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

4. Terminator

Terminator Well-Known Member

And we're not seeing "hundreds".

5. Terminator

Saying it's "lazy writing" is just someone moaning because they don't like the storyline. Really like hearing that term from people that couldn't write their own biography.

6. AAG331

AAG331 Member

That's probably the most likely case scenario. I honestly don't see a problem with the storyline.

7. DeeLaurean

DeeLaurean Well-Known Member

8. GuitarlCarl

GuitarlCarl Member

Many shallow, narrow minded people here. If it's not painfully obvious, you complain and when it is you call it contrived or stupid.
    Look, Daryl isn't a tracker. He's Merle's little brother. His origins are white trash. Oh, and people behave irrationally everyday. Running after people you care about is what we all do, regardless of the danger. This characters are being worn thin emotionally. Love someone and they die. So mistakes get made, that's reality. Don't expect them to all be super heroes. Get a life, watch a TV show then go out and get a little life experience.

9. AAG331

AAG331 Member

I really don't understand why you view Season 6 as 'one-dimensional'. There has been numerous themes that have been addressed throughout this entire season so far.

And this show is about what happened to humanity after the apocalypse. OF COURSE they're going to constantly show humans who have succumbed to the barbarity of their world, it would be very inconsistent if they didn't.

How is their a inconsistency with Negan's men? He obviously has a lot of men, seeing as how many have been shown. They have big weapons because like every group, they're always going to have some sort of weapon's cache. And not all of Negan's men seem to be psychotic. Brutal maybe, but not psychotic. The Saviors in episode 13 definitely weren't.

10. purriwinkle

purriwinkle Well-Known Member

I agree with this but seriously they should be a little more cautious when they venture outside the walls.

11. Marc

Marc Well-Known Member

It is one dimensional and boring, 10 episodes about a freaking herd of zombies? You think that was so damn interesting? The Big picture been boring as hell and everybody been doing extremely stupid shit they would not have done season 1 to 4.

I get it, it is about Humans in the apocalypse but we should not either forget WHY this is happening. Sure, we had a herd for 10 episodes almost but that was pretty boring. I liked it more when it was smaller groups, season 1 to 2, part of 3 to. Where EVERY loss of a person was felt, both for The prison group and the Woodbury citizen. Everyone now acts like they are mainland China and numbers is not a problem. There be another to replace them.

It is inconsistent. They been useless, waste of heaps of meat for 5 episodes and now suddenly loser Dwight manages to out do the master tracker himself? Glenn and Michonne walk into a trap. Rick want to shot anything that moves, even someone who barely got a weapon to defend himself and rides on a horse? No men of Negan do that. And you mean the soccer mums and that Scorpio guy or what now his name was? Sure, they where "sane" people right? Speaking of "We are all Negan" and acting like assholes. They come of as unorganized losers. Woodbury and Termites had organisation, had tactics and ideas. Saviours are just a bunch of rampaging barbarians from the civilisation games that is just meant to die until Negan shows up and causes a ruckus, swears like a cheesy DC comics villain "F**k F**ckity F**k!, Lets bash some heads, Lucille, wadda you say?" Yeah that is Real fiting, REAL FITING for the overall theme of The Walking Dead TV show. No sane person follows a psycho like that so I keep my attitude towards this season and opinion about the Saviours as homocidal, psycho maniacs that deserve nothing else but suffering and decaying death.

Well, they should be. The whole excuse "They are not super heroes" do not work since they are pretty much super heroes and should know better. The unexperienced people at Alexandria...knows better. They do not run out there to all die over a can of milk or try to save everyone. What is it worth trying to save a person if you ALL die anyway? Cough, Daryl, Cough, Good job being captured.

It is not that hard to see. What bad writing can be is.

Bad writing is Rosita and Tara, some of the best shots in the group, Letting Denise be taken hostage with ease by a Wolf.

Bad writing is spliting up over and over. When they know before they been captured. Glenn and Maggie even learned about this in Season 3. Yet here we go, they keep on doing this. Daryl got captured with Aaron in the Alpha pack trap. Didn't learn anything from this. Daryl got backstabbed by Dwight, Didn't learn from this. Got in a trap on the road with Sasha and Abraham, They didn't learn. Daryl, Michonne, Glenn and Rosita? Captured, and before that Denise died cause of the same bullshit.

Bad writing is when Dwight suddenly out do Daryl who been his superior since before. That is not going to happen.

Bad writing is Carol going from a soft flower to a bad ass to a broken woman to a broken woman who kills.

Bad writing is Morgan having a viewpoint of life that do not even fit with the real life we live in.

Bad writing is Rick becoming a murdering hobo and having no emotion for anything. And been shown to give 0 care for their dead doctor and all the red shirts that fell dead.

This is how I view it. I am not a writer myself, but somethings that happens in The Walking Dead is pen and paper roleplay tier writing to push the plot forward.

#51 Marc, Mar 28, 2016
    Last edited: Mar 28, 2016
  12. deadcpa

deadcpa Member

Lazy writing? Just plain stupid writing.

• Like Like x 2
  13. CSFurious

CSFurious Member

agreed it is what made the episode way too predictable and not very good after Carol's machine gun sleeve

14. Terminator

You said it. You're not a writer, so I don't put any value on your opinions about it.

15. AAG331

AAG331 Member

Yes, I thought that was damn interesting. People are always talking about how zombies are the real threat, so it's nice to have seen that come to fruition in Season 6.A.

How has anyone forgot why people become f*cking nuts in this show? It's plainly obvious that the brutality of this world has largely warped people's mindsets.

And I'm sorry if you want a smaller group, but that is no longer going to be the case. Rick's trying to rebuild SOCIETY, he can't do that with a small band of survivors. Even at The Prison they had a large community. And you are exaggerating about the number loss in this show. It's not like the writers kill off everyone willy-nilly, like it doesn't matter. For the Saviors that might be the case, but we're not supposed to deeply care for them, anyways.

I don't understand how the Saviors have been useless at all. They've been caught off guard for most of the time, and they haven't run into a group like Rick's before, a group that's actually willing to fight back. And Dwight was able to double-cross Daryl before, and iced Denise, so I'm not surprised that he was able to get the drop on them again. The Saviors obviously have organization. Their protocol is a good enough indication that they do.

And a reason why people would follow a Negan is the same reason some people followed Emperor Palpatine or Hitler. Establishing fear keeps people in line.

#55 AAG331, Mar 28, 2016
  16. Zombie_Rhino

Zombie_Rhino Well-Known Member

maybe Dwight is the better tracker

17. Marc

Marc Well-Known Member

Then **** off, would you?

#57 Marc, Mar 28, 2016
  18. AAG331

AAG331 Member

Well to be fair, that's pretty much a cop-out than a refutation of his argument.

19. Marc

Marc Well-Known Member

Well the Zombies ruined civilisation. If Humans suddenly can remove the threat, it is not a show about the human apocalypse. Then we might aswell have the military reemerge from where ever they been hiding and take control again.

Yes it was a large community in the prison but it was more interesting. Perhaps they killed of to many non warriors characters? Perhaps I been pointing fingers at the wrong part all the time, Perhaps I simply miss Hershel, Dale and others. And numbers means something, it is the post apoc. If humans are the main threat then numbers should have meaning.

They been useless in everyway. Only plot power been having them capture people and they are un-organized. You clearly notice this when they fail to put better resistance than a modern day terror group driving around a desert with Toyota jeeps even with there oh so powerful leader.

Fear? Sure thing, fear, but when people fear the leader more than zombies? Would they stay?

20. Marc

Marc Well-Known Member

I am a very angry European, and Im not saying my opinion is right. I just represent my viewpoint. I tend to have a one track view of things. But well, how many of us can say we are writers? This cop-out can be so easily turned around into a "Well, if you do not writer, you cannot proclaim what is good either" arguement.

I am not sure you can call it writing but I do study at a university and write essays and papers on things. Write some minor things for roleplaying events and read a lot on and off. But no, Im not a writer. I think non of us is or if any it is a small portion of this board. So if we should follow this argument we cannot really say something is good or bad! In the end most of us just bring out personal opinion to the table.

Im also all for the writers of Walking Dead suprising the hell out of me in the season finale!