Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

The Funeral home, Terminus, Beth and Carol

Discussion in 'Episode 416 - A' started by pitwalker, Apr 1, 2014.

1. pitwalker

pitwalker Member

After the finale I was thinking back to the loose ends that can play out next season and the funeral home seems to be the largest one, clearly a trap designed for people that went wrong... I would expect Beth is at Terminus but not yet as a food source based on the guy telling Gareth "not yet, give me more time".

Carol and Tyreese arrive, are captured and as Beth is being walked around terminus (groomed if you will) she will see Judith in the hands of one of the Termides... snap out of the clueless state and mount a rescue/unlock the container mission.

2. Pharris

Pharris Member

That is pretty plausible, but with Beth being snatched against her will like that at the funeral home, I doubt she'd be comfortable just 'being toured around' but her captors. I would think her suspicions would already be highly aroused.

Mmmmn. Beth. Highly aroused. Agghhhhhhgghhhhh.

3. pitwalker

pitwalker Member

By the time we see her it would have been at least a week since they swept her up...

"We didn't mean to scare you but if we didn't get you the walkers would have, we saved your life etc"

Wouldn't take much convincing in a ZA surely

4. FutureApocalyps

I think the guy was afraid Gareth would start shooting and he would be killed (as happened). He wanted Gareth to allow him to talk to Rick and co. longer in an attempt to diffuse the situation without bloodshed, mainly his own blood.

5. Remon_uk

Remon_uk Member

I swear that funeral place was a golf club? Are we talking about the place Beth and Darly came across ?

6. Terminator

Terminator Well-Known Member

They were in multiple places. The trailer they burned down, the golf course and then the funeral home, as I recall.

7. deadcpa

deadcpa Member

Beth was getting highy aroused with Darryl before she got grabbed. Those guys in that car who snatched her may have had a real good time.

8. HeadlessHershel

9. Sixchr

Sixchr Member

No way. There's no way I can be convinced that the funeral home was a trap, it hasn't added up with anything this season. Someone was performing funerals for walkers and it was someone's stash of food that Daryl and Beth were going through. Factor in the fact that Beth spent the entire episode promoting her belief that there are still good people in the world and the cross that was in the back window of the car and I can only come to one conclusion:

10. HeadlessHershel

11. Ginger

Ginger New Member

With the year of birth and death being in the 1800s?

12. HeadlessHershel

Yes Ginger. xoxo

13. Cammi*

Cammi* New Member

interesting :) if Terminus already had a good supply of food to stock in this funeral home...why would they need to trap and eat people?

14. HeadlessHershel

That is what he's saying Cammi.

15. Cammi*

Cammi* New Member

It was more of a "a-ha" moment for me actually lol I totally forgot about the food in the funeral home.

16. HeadlessHershel

Really Gareth and his crew have the perfect setup at Terminus. They never have to go on runs exposing themselves to the dangers outside because fresh food and supplies come to them. Apparently the only time they do go out is to replace old signs. I didn't notice a single operational vehicle inside Terminus but I guess they could have one or two?

17. lis5112

lis5112 Well-Known Member

Nice tie in. Double meaning ....honor Hershel while cleverly foreshadowing Father Gabriel. I like it! :)

ETA: you catch that [MENTION=38202]1618[/MENTION] ?

#17 lis5112, Apr 2, 2014
    Last edited: Apr 2, 2014
  18. 1618

1618 Well-Known Member

Yeah, hopefully that is what it means. These smaller references sometimes are more of Easter eggs for comic readers rather than foreshadowing.

19. KitchenWitch

KitchenWitch Member

I also don't believe the funeral home was a trap. Survivors would tend to steer clear of such places, as they would have no useable supplies.

It seems more likely that some survivor weirdo saw Beth and Darryl, decided he liked the look of Beth, led a herd of walkers to their door (probably by tying up that poor dog to the porch - remember the doggie yelp?). Then when Beth came running out, he hit her over the head, stuffed her into the trunk and drove away to another safe house.

She's probably chained to a radiator or bed somewhere, having not-a-good-time.

This has really been the season of rape, hasn't it? It's generally been mercifully (if unrealistically) absent from TWD (at least once Shane bit it). Now we have (or had, anyway) the Claim Gang with their "Oh, a woman? I get her first!" attitude, then threatening both Michonne and Carl. And Beth. Poor Beth. I'm not hopeful for her. Darryl should have been searching nearby, not going off with a bunch of a-holes if he actually wanted to save her.