Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

The girl can DRINK!

Discussion in 'Episode 412 - Still' started by Lolly92660, Mar 3, 2014.

1. Lolly92660

Lolly92660 Member

Even at my ripe old age (which is significantly more than the legal drinking age), I still can't drink anything over about 40-proof without gagging, and Beth doesn't even flinch at her first taste of alcohol - which is MOONSHINE for f**k's sake! Then takes another bigger swig with no problem.

Must be the Hershel in her. And really smooth stuff.

2. JEA13

JEA13 Well-Known Member

I have had neither moonshine nor Schnapps. To anyone that has had both, is Schnapps that bad?

3. RicksDick

RicksDick Member

Schnapps is great if you are a 70 year old man looking for easy drink

Moonshine is great if your like drinking gasoline but don't want to pay the high prices at the pump.

4. Rickshair

Rickshair Member

She never once looked drunk either, but Daryl did.

5. Lolly92660

Lolly92660 Member

Now I'm wondering about the episode title, "Still". Moonshine is made in a still. Any other thoughts on why it was titled "Still"?

6. Kingston50

Kingston50 Well-Known Member

Yeah that part wasn't realistic. Moonshine is one hell of a drink. For that to be Beth's first time she would have been out of it.

7. Caryl

Caryl Member

Moonshine is like swigging rubbing alcohol and pine needle extract. It is as nasty as it sounds. Schapps isn't that rough by itself but more than a sip or two will make you puke. I'm a red wine or vodka martini drinker but very occasionally I like a fruity mixed drink and peach schapps is good in some of them. Fruity Toads and Sex on the Beach are really good! I had a lemonball peach schnapps concoction that was surprisingly good once.

8. Caryl

Caryl Member

I'm thinking this is exactly why. And the fact that it brought the show's plot to a screeching halt.

9. Jen7

Jen7 Well-Known Member

my first shot ever was tequila and i didn't flinch, i loved it lol. I've only had moonshine once and it was really good i thought...but it was flavored and very smooth, and i sipped it on ice which is probably much different than something made in the back of an old cabin.

10. Kilroy was here

Kilroy was here Well-Known Member

The junk called schnapps you get in the states is totally different from what you get in Austria or Germany.

11. RicksDick

RicksDick Member

why does anyone care about your statement? prove to me that Schnapps in the show wasn't imported from Germany to a nice country club?

you didn't answer anyone's question, you just stated a so called fact.

I want to try, moonshine has a higher proof then Pepsi.

wow that is fun

#11 RicksDick, Mar 3, 2014
    Last edited: Mar 3, 2014
  12. sam12six

sam12six Member

Moonshine can taste like paint thinner. I've also had shine that was so smooth, you'd have thought you were drinking water until it set your gut on fire. Schnapps can be anything from garbage to ambrosia. I don't really have a problem with the alcohol (though I did chuckle when he handed her a box filled with enough shine to alcohol poison an entire herd of buffalo).

My big problem was with how she handled it. I've seen only once a person who stated that she wanted to try her first drink of alcohol. This was on our high school senior trip. One wine cooler later and she was plastered. My buddy's wife (who was his girlfriend in high school) would crash our guy nights and match us drink for drink. She was about Beth's size. A couple of hours into the poker tournament, he or I would have to literally carry her up to his room and pour her into bed.

The point is someone her size who had never had alcohol should have been passed out in a puddle of vomit after just what she tried in the beginning, but we're supposed to accept that they continued drinking for hours and she was still sober and capable of deep, meaningful conversation?

13. Lolly92660

Lolly92660 Member

Wow, hostile, much? While kind of off-topic, [MENTION=19721]JEA13[/MENTION] did ask about Schnaps, so I'm not sure Kilroy's comment was totally irrelevant.

And to add to the possible irrelevancy, according to Wikipedia, you probably wouldn't import (not important) peach Schnaps from Germany as it's mainly an American invention. German Schnaps are usually made from "apples, pears, plums, and cherries. Apricots are another popular fruit; they are used to make an Austrian Schnaps called Marillenschnaps."

That was kind of fun.

14. cmstomps

cmstomps Member

I thought that too, especially with not a lot of food recently.

15. RicksDick

RicksDick Member

My apologies good sir, I was in a bad place in my life back then(stubbed my toe really bad, like really flippin bad)

your quote was elegant and thought provoking, well said.

As for the import vs important, it was a simple type mistake.

Wikipedia is wrong, I do have imported peach Schnapps from Germany, I threw it against the ground last night because it wasn't getting me drunk enough to enjoy the episode and also because Daryl did it. don't believe everything you read on the world wide interweb mystery box.

Always,

16. No.Pantaloons

No.Pantaloons Well-Known Member

It was probably called "Still" because nothing interesting happened!

17. MrBigDog1974

MrBigDog1974 Member

Properly made moonshine can be very smooth. Otherwise, it absolutely tastes like paint thinner.

18. RicksDick

RicksDick Member

not smooth enough for a newbie 16 yr old girl to drink it and have little to no reaction.

19. MrBigDog1974

MrBigDog1974 Member

I agree completely with that, RD. I was just commenting on the fact that some folks think all moonshine is nothing more than paint thinner or emergency gas for a car. ;-)

20. legendx66

legendx66 Moderator
    Staff Member

He simply made a statement and wasn't trolling. In the future it would be appreciated if you could do the same. No need to to get hostile over something like that.

Thank you!

I know posts can sound like that so this is just a friendly reminder.