Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

The Governor's Luring Tactics

Discussion in 'Episode 314 - Prey' started by PhenomChriso, Mar 24, 2013.

1. PhenomChriso

PhenomChriso Member

When the Governor had Andrea trapped in the warehouse, he was using a variety of different tactics to lure Andrea out...
    I don't care what some people say on the forum, this was a very tense moment. A dark warehouse, walkers could be anywhere, governor is hunting her down, silence. I didn't know when a walker would appear, and when it did Andrea had to kill it quietly... Suspense!

But onto my question: While the Governor's tactics increased the suspense, I didn't get some of them and how they were meant to lure her out.
    1. Calling her name and telling her to come back to Woodbury (This is the only one I understood to get into her head)
    2. Whistling a constant note (I couldn't see how this helped lure her out)
    3. Smashing windows (I guess this could frighten her into coming out, but if she nowhere near it probably would just make a lot of noise)
    4. Dragging his spade along the floor/walls/chain link fences (Psychological again maybe?)

As far as I could tell, the last 2 tactics would just increase the likelihood of Walkers coming to him. Did anyone else think this?

2. THIMCA

THIMCA Member

You've already answered your own question..
    To scare her into making a bad move and revealing her location.

3. skaaaa

skaaaa Well-Known Member

Breaking the glass was so he could hear her walking around.

4. Eat ALL the Cheese!

What everyone above said. But also, he was torturing her, basically. She won't be able to hear whistling again without freaking out.

At that point he didn't have her physically, so he was inflicting mental pain. Sound is strongly tied to memory. Imagine being Andrea a month from now at the prison, and suddenly Hershel starts whistling. She'd fall apart. I grew up with an abusive dad, and he used to bang on our windows all the time. To this day, the sound of someone knocking on a window sends me into panic mode. He was making sure he inflicted as much pain as possible, and used sound to do so.

5. WrongAboutCarl

WrongAboutCarl Active Member

Yeah, plus he likes to whistle.

6. dogfighter

dogfighter Member

Hmm I think he smashed the windows out of frustration. He wanted Andrea to go back with him.

7. dogfighter

dogfighter Member

I once had a pet small dog a long time ago that escaped by running through my legs when I opened up my front door to let someone in. I never got him spaded and he was in heat. I chased him down the street and he just kept on running. Then he stopped for a while and when I got somewhat close to him he ran up a little bit more and just looked at me. When he did that i got so mad and yelled "I'm going to beat your ass when you come home later" and I threw his leash to the ground with all my might and then he wagged his tail and ran away. I walked home so angry that day. He had done that a couple of times before so I wasn't worried about him not coming home. Later on when he came home I was so happy that he came back I forgot about how much he pissed me off.

I felt like telling that story because when the gov smashed the windows it reminded me of when I threw the leash on the floor. I actually laughed at that scene and my GF looked at me with a puzzled face like WTF. Lol

8. GovernorsGal

GovernorsGal New Member

If your gonna act like a dog you will get treated like a dog.
    Personally, his whistling had me in tears from laughter because it was like him calling to some lost dog who ran away.
    It amazed me that Andrea was so cocky to just walk away from it like...she won or something like that..*bleh*
    But it's all good...he caught his chew toy outside the prison :D

9. H5N1

H5N1 Moderator
    Staff Member

He's a psycho, they like to f£€% with your head..

In domestic violence they call what he was doing 'perpetrator tactics',

He was changing tactics to screw with her head, make her come out in fear then take her to Woodbury & kill her..

10. GovernorsGal

GovernorsGal New Member

*Just stares at...I mean really just gives a look that could kill*

11. nochange

nochange Member

I think there could be a little more to the whistling than just creeping Andrea out...He was doing the same whistling and playing it back when they were spying on him in his "workshop".

12. dogfighter

dogfighter Member

i wonder why he recorded it.

13. ripbongs420

ripbongs420 Member

I believe he was just testing how well the tape recorder worked from that distance. He must be planning on recording the screams and cranking it to it or something.

14. GovernorsGal

GovernorsGal New Member

*Glares*

15. ripbongs420

ripbongs420 Member

Hey I'm just saying, there is no more internet, you know? Philip seems to be into some weird stuff. :zombies_lol:

16. GovernorsGal

GovernorsGal New Member

I will wreck your world....I will have you know that Philip enjoys...
    Errr...
    *glares*
    I won't let you win.

17. mistymage

mistymage Member

He was doing all kinds of psycho stuff to freak Andrea out. Not that she shouldn't have been already totally creeped out. He had zombie heads in fishtanks! If he were a scientist it _might_ have been normal behavior .. but I bet he was something like an accountant or a janitor pre-ZA. Some kind of job where he had no power and was always frustrated. Then he lost his wife, his kid and his world. He crumbled into the pathetic tyrant we see on the show.

18. PhenomChriso

PhenomChriso Member

I was impressed at his survival of the mini herd of walkers.
    Without one of his eyes, his depth perception must be terrible and there were quite a few walkers, but he managed to come out on top. Whether he killed them all or simply fled we will never know.

Also Angela was indeed stupid when she let her guard down at the prison. Never let your guard down UNTIL you are IN the Prison

Also.... (Sorry) How did the Governor manage to get Andrea away without Rick seeing them? He would have had to stand to drag her off or temporary release his hand from her mouth to move/knock her out in which time she could scream or yell for Rick?

19. gavuk

gavuk Member

I agree with soem of the other responses regarding his behaviour/tactics to freak out Andrea and drive he into the open but

was it a particular song/tune that anyone recognised?

Is there any link to anything he's whistled/hummed/sung before?

20. BarbDwyer

BarbDwyer Well-Known Member

Zelda's Lullaby.

I'm sure it is on YouTube. I'm on my phone and links are a PITA. :)