Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

The Governor's real name

Discussion in 'Episode 303 - Walk with Me' started by PepperAnn, Oct 29, 2012.

1. PepperAnn

PepperAnn Well-Known Member

I was hoping he wouldnt reveal his true name and glad he didnt (at least not yet). I wondered about this since I have not read the comics yet. Does he ever reveal it in the comics? To me, it leaves him with an air of mystery if no one ever knows his real name. And him telling Andrea that he never reveals it to anyone just proves his state of mind. Knowing his God given name gives him humanity. The LAST thing he wants to be seen with.

2. TheILLness

TheILLness Well-Known Member

i want to say its Philip. or maybe that was his brothers name.

3. RicksRightHand

It's either Brian or Philip. Having only partially read The Walking Dead: Rise of the Governor, I don't fully know what happens in the end.

4. DeadOnMyFeet

DeadOnMyFeet New Member

Brian Blake and/or his brother Phillip, if I understand a bit of reading about Woodbury and how the Governor came about. Kinda confusing thou. I think they're friend Nick killed Brian and Philip killed Nick and took Brian's identity? Did I get that right?:zombies_confused:

5. GreekSalads

GreekSalads Active Member

Philip died and Brian stepped up and defeat the Army that had control of Woodbury and Caesar Martinez asked him who he was and he said his name is Phillip taking his brother's name because he was inspired by his leadership ethics. Then "The Governor" name came along.

That being said, The Governor wasn't even a leader kind of guy to begin with but inspiration made him rise according to the novel

6. PepperAnn

Well that explains why some people here were saying "Brian" was here now. I wondered who you guys were talking about.

7. DeadOnMyFeet

DeadOnMyFeet New Member

Thanks Greek...That puts it into a better perspective :Grin:! I was on the right path....

#7 DeadOnMyFeet, Oct 29, 2012
    Last edited: Oct 29, 2012
  8. DeadOnMyFeet

DeadOnMyFeet New Member

Hopefully we(they) didn't give away too much for you. I only read a bit of the comics (summaries, etc) because I still wanted that element of surprise each episode, but kind of a path the writers went/are/will be going. I can't wait til Sunday!!!!

9. Duzy

Duzy Active Member

While this is spot on, he did a good job not really saying everything. Nice!

10. skaaaa

skaaaa Well-Known Member

The show version is Phillip...

11. ballincrazie

ballincrazie Member

Philip, but apparently its something else. i haven't read the novel yet

12. PepperAnn

Once people started giving away too much about The Rise of the Governor in this thread, I stopped reading the thread....because I was actually reading the book at the time and didnt want to be spoiled. But now that I have finished it.....I was beginning to wonder if the show's version of which brother it is....is actually Phillip and not Brian. I was going to come here and mention that but see it's already been mentioned.

Because of a couple of things, one being the pic of the wife and kid and the other being that David Morrisey looks more like a Phillip character than a Brian character since they portray Brian as being small, short and mousey. I know they dont stick directly with the comic when it comes to how a character looks, but they also dont stick directly with the comic when it comes to story either so I can see where they might actually go the route of him actually being Phillip instead of just Brian taking his name.

Interesting...

13. Walker Shane

Walker Shane Member

Well if his name isnt Phillip then it could be a metaphor for him being fake in some sorts. Especially for Andrea when she discovers his name isnt Phillip after all.

14. BrokenAngel

BrokenAngel Active Member

The Governor is going to be more like in Rise Of The Governor than in the comics.

15. firstfooter

firstfooter Active Member

Ya, I was having a lil fun with the Brian thing:) but I didn't want to give it all away. The TV show probably wont get into the details of the book 'Rise of the Governor'.

16. PepperAnn

Now I am confused again. LOL

So you think the TV Gov is actually Brian, not Phillip....?