Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

The helicopter & the prison

Discussion in 'Episode 213 - Beside the Dying Fire' started by Zombie Lover, Mar 20, 2012.

1. Zombie Lover

Zombie Lover Active Member

So any speculation about the helicopters? Were the zombies drawn by the sight or the sound? And who was in it? Was it a regular helicopter or a military one?

Also, do you think the prison is infested with prisoners who couldn'te escape? Will there need to be a major cleansing to make this usable? Do you think any prisoners may still be alive?

2. Duzy

Duzy Active Member

It would be unfair for me to answer some of these, but I will answer one of them. It was a civilian helicopter by the look of it. Could have been commandeered (sp) by the military though.

3. marsyao

marsyao Member

It is all in the comic, if you read the comic, you would have known what that helicopter is about, otherwise I would not ruin for you unless you really want to know

4. Negan

Negan Active Member

5. mtamborra

mtamborra Member

i really wish comic book spoilers didn't count for the TV show since they are two different thigns..but I think it will be like the comics (as far as the population is concerned)...different but similar

6. Jakobi

Jakobi Administrator

I haven't read the comics and stay away from spoilers, but I can't wait for the prison. If I were to guess the chopper is from the prison...

7. marsyao

marsyao Member

The answer is no

8. Zombie Lover

I haven't read the spoilers or the comics, so I'm only going by what i can see in the story. It is much more enjoyable to me to have some suspense.

9. AVC

AVC Member

Looked to me like a Bell 412 by the shape of the tail boom, which is the twin engined, four bladed version of the chopper landed in the city in episode one (the tank scene). We only saw the reflection of it in that scene but still looks to be the same.

Used in both military and civilian operations.

I think unrelated to the prison, but you never know. Operating aircraft of this type requires support structures in place. Fuelling, and more importantly, maintenance.

10. mtamborra

mtamborra Member

Plus there is no way the helicopter could stay maintained without Dale around to replace radiator hoses :)

11. Zombie Lover

Lol! Good one Mtamborra. I would thank you, but I'm out of thanks at present! Made me chuckle though!

12. Maggie

Maggie Member

I too am not reading the comics. I read the spoliers once and I was unhappy that I did so, because it ruined Dale's death for me. So I do not read the spoilers anymore. So THANK YOU to everyone who showed restraint on this thread, giving those of us who aren't reading the opportunity to stay blissfully ignorant of the upcoming chapters.

That said, I can't quite figure out the timeline... when did they first see the helicopter?

13. Zombie Lover

I honestly didn't remember seeing the helocopter before until it was mentioned in this thread. I also wondered at how the walkers could follow it, unless the copter turns around to get them to catch up once in a while.If they are that accute at following moving objects.... I don't get why they don't follow Daryl and his loud hog? I wonder if there is more to it than that.

The prison interests me, I guess it depends if the prison released the trapped prisoners before the outbreak. That looks like a max security prison, so chances are, if they were hit suddenlyl, probably not. But it is possible, some prisoners, and guards might still be alive, as a prison would have barriers to wall as ways to create lockdown so prisoners will not escape. They also will have backup generators and a nice large yard for gardening and such.

14. Maggie

Maggie Member

Are we sure it's a prison? If it was a helecopter, who's to say it's not Ft Benning?

15. Zombie Lover

It looks like a prison to me. maximum security prison tend to have that fortress look so they can prevent escape and watch for escapees. But I suppose it could be a fort. It def. Doesn't look real.. CGI I think.

16. jacobmarley

jacobmarley Member

I believe it is a prison due to the design. Walls, guardtowers, etc. And that's what they were calling it on Talking Dead.

17. jacobmarley

jacobmarley Member

On another note... As far as the helicopter and where it's from, or the prison or whatever, I'm not sure it even makes sense to compare the comics to the show anymore. They are varying greatly from that storyline. So I think it's impossible to say with certainty anything will be the same. And as Kirkman already stated, it will be very different.

18. Carl's a n00b

Carl's a n00b New Member

It's not a case of the Zombies following the helicopter specifically. It's about how a "herd" gets formed. A few Zombies hear a noise and they start walking toward it, they bump into others that follow the first few. That group encounters more walkers, who start shambling along, and before long you have a large group of Biters growing exponentially following a noise long forgotten, walking because the others all are . . . it's like a force of nature . . .

19. jacobmarley

jacobmarley Member

Carl, great description of herd or pack behavior! Related animals will pick up and react to cues from one another. The zombies don't have higher brain functions, so they would most likely follow a cue until another comes along or the first wears out. The herd was simply moving due to the initial stimuli of the noise from the helicopter. Individuals along the way just "went with the flow". When another stimuli came along (the gunshot) their attention immediately shifted.

Also, I don't know if they will bring this in, as much of the comics have been changed for the show, but in the books there was a differentiation amongst the dead. Some were passive. Others much more reactive. So, some would search or "herd" and others would simply lurk.

#19 jacobmarley, Mar 23, 2012
    Last edited: Mar 23, 2012
  20. Carl's a n00b

Carl's a n00b New Member

That's why I was calling them Biters and Walkers, not Lurkers. *wink