Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

The helicopter & the prison

Discussion in 'Episode 213 - Beside the Dying Fire' started by Zombie Lover, Mar 20, 2012.

1. Daniel Day

Daniel Day Member

On the Talking Dead Mazzara said it was in fact "The Prison".

2. loco

loco Member

Didn't Abraham say that in the comics? I'm sure something pretty close

3. Chaos

Chaos Member

Were they all, in some grand bizarre coincidence, facing upwards to the sky in the direction the helicopter happened to be when it showed up? Unless so, there isn't anything to speculate about. The visual aspect, except for some maybe looking that way, would have come after hearing it. Beyond that, the herding effect, discussed above, would kick in.

#23 Chaos, Mar 24, 2012
    Last edited: Mar 24, 2012
  4. Belha

Belha Member

Ill just scroll down this to the end of the page, bc comic readers have already spoilt the appearance of a new character for me ¬¬.
    It could be for rescue and to take the zombies to the prison...like that space was enough hahaha.

5. geek

geek New Member

in the comic, thy incounted an army, woodbury,but thats all i will say

6. Carl's a n00b

Carl's a n00b New Member

He did, the intention of the adlib was to express his notions surrounding herd activity without putting a spoiler against refering to an unintroduced character. . .

7. Damrod

Damrod Member

Fort Benning in reality is not a fort at all and covers around 180,000 acres near Columbus,GA. It is a home base for armoured units and training areas for live fire excersices.

8. phantomzombielord

I took the helicopter as a double meaning:

1. As an homage to the original 1978 Dawn of the Dead movie.
    2. As simply the already referred to on this forum stimulus for a herd formation.

Logically, given the speed at which a herd moves and the distance to the farm, I presumed that helicopter went down weeks if not months ago by the show’s timeline. I can’t imagine the circumstances by which Rick and company would come across it or its passengers outside of stumbling across the wreckage and perhaps battling the undead survivors.

PS: I have read the books, so I realize what role a helicopter did or did not play in the comics.

9. ktackel

ktackel New Member

I did the same thing, one and only spoiler I read I got bummed out realizing Dale was going to die. I want to know so bad but hated knowing that ahead of time! :)

10. Casca910

Casca910 Active Member

With the slow speeds that the dead move at, it could have been the helo that Rick saw in the first episode.

11. MrsADixon

MrsADixon New Member

helicopter

I have just started reading the comics to fill in the time between season 4 and 5, I am also re watching the series from season 1 and just finished season 2... The helicopter is bugging me. I dont remember any references to it in S3 or 4 and I want to know who is behind it!?

12. Z-Man

Z-Man Well-Known Member

Just a missed opportunity. They already went beyond the point that would have been relevant though, as it dealt with The Governors story. It, like the 80's have long since passed, and any attempt to bring it back would just be awkward and meaningless. But it could have been thrown in as an offhand mention at least, I hate to see a chance at some story skipped over, even if small.