Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

The jars of baby food

Discussion in 'Episode 603 - Thank You' started by Grimoire, Oct 26, 2015.

1. Grimoire

Grimoire Member

Sooo. We're back on the "Is Enid one of the Wolves and kidnapped Judith?" train. :zombies_lol:
    Any thoughts about the jars of baby food? Any greater meaning or just a sign for Rick that the guys came from Alexandria?

2. Blueman

Blueman Well-Known Member

I think this might be the first hint about the humanity of these Wolves.

I bet it is meant to show that that wolf has a baby at home to feed.

And this tips the scale a little bit in favor of Morgan's ''all lives is precious''.

#2 Blueman, Oct 26, 2015
    Last edited: Oct 26, 2015
  3. Zombie_Penguin

I don't know if it is necessarily a sign they came from Alexandria as much as a reminder of what or who is at stake to Rick in that moment. Who these people are is irrelevent in that second, all he is thinking about is his kids, i'm sure.

4. JEA13

JEA13 Well-Known Member

I thought he was guessing it was Judiths and is debating going against what he just told Darryl (ditching plan for selfish desires).

5. westwingnut

westwingnut Well-Known Member

Maybe the baby food came from Aaron's backpack.

6. deadcpa

deadcpa Member

I thought it was some of Carol's canning she had been doing for the upcoming winter.

7. Lindigo

Lindigo Well-Known Member

I agree with everything above about Rick's state of mind and why he was beside himself and tore out the side of the RV with the automatic gunfire, but this could also lead to some story development.

What if there is a wolf's baby out there with no one to take care of it now? (Sleeping soundly all rock-a-bye-baby-in-a-tree-top or something when they left for an expected mere hour or so of mayhem.) Maybe they find and rescue the baby, but it gets a little scratch from a walker. Now we find out if a baby born after the global infection somehow develops protection in the womb and can survive a zombie injury.

I know, awful.... But we all want to know!

Maybe even found sadly dead, and they learn whether a post-infection baby stays dead?

8. GonzagaGirl

GonzagaGirl New Member

Just because a person has baby food doesn't mean its for a baby. "Beggars can't be choosers" Carl was going to eat DOG FOOD. It isn't a crazy notion to think that a person would eat a jar of baby food. (Some of it is really good :) At this point all Rick knows is there was a loud horn coming from home and that it is attracting walkers. The baby food confirms that these scumbags were just there and that is frightening plus the fact that it does make him think directly of Judith and Carl.

9. M3O

M3O Member

Yeah I kinda just thought that they took some food, maybe they'd had it since they found Aaron's backpack with pictures? And it's just supposed to freak Rick (and us) out.

10. JFAN

JFAN Member

Could think of several scenarios for meaning of the jar of baby food. Think it will play out somehow in the show or why have it in there unless to show how anxious people in the ZA have a hankering for veggies.

11. KSH

KSH New Member

The Wolves were stealing pretty much anything they could get their hands on, so he probably just saw a jar of something edible and took it. Simple explanation.

12. Zed Sanford

Zed Sanford Member

That's what I was thinking as well.

13. HondaS2kXD

HondaS2kXD Well-Known Member

Pfft. How could you think that?

What is happening, clearly, is that psycho bitch, Judith, is the leader of the wolves. We should have seen it coming after she didnt warn anybody about Lizzie and later laughed as she watched her murder her own sister.

14. Neuropyramidal

Neuropyramidal Well-Known Member

I think it was just to show Rick the wolves had violated the safe zone. It was baby food to give us the image of what Rick was thinking: "Is my family still alive?"

15. HondaS2kXD

HondaS2kXD Well-Known Member

Yeah. And it cleared up any doubts for Rick-- had he not found that, he might have believed a piece of the herd made it to the asz. But now it was clear to him: the gunshots was either the survivors at the asz defending themselves, or it was the wolves themselves.

16. RS92

RS92 Member

It doesn't mean anything for me. But Rick of course must think that has something to do with Judith.

17. Berry

Berry Member

The baby food just shows there is a toothless Wolf elder we have yet to see. These 5 RV-haters were on their way back to deliver the precious puree. What did the RV ever do to them?

18. Lori Grimes

Lori Grimes Active Member

He was hungry.

19. lovethishow

lovethishow Member

I didn't think it was baby food. Didn't they mention they have an apple orchard and make applesauce? I assumed it was applesauce that was just put in a used baby food jar.

I doubt the wolves have a baby among them.

20. M3O

M3O Member

According to the Talking Dead episode, it was carrot baby food.