Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

The Mystery Helicopter

Discussion in 'Episode 805 - The Big Scary U' started by Weallgotit, Nov 19, 2017.

1. Weallgotit

Weallgotit Well-Known Member

Who in the world has a helicopter out of nowhere in the ZA? What does this mean and where is it coming from It's gotta be some survivors that from some distance with more resources than our current characters have? Not sure if it's a sign of things to come in the comics or not. What say you?

2. Chr1s

Chr1s Well-Known Member

I thought it was a hallucination.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. mistertrouble189

mistertrouble189 Well-Known Member

Same helicopter from season 1?!? Or ghostly helicopter containing Welles, Sean, and Franklin?

• Like Like x 2
  4. Weallgotit

I don't know. Seems to be a weird thing for Rick to hallucinate. Could be though. But I hope it leads to something myself.

5. Jen7

Jen7 Well-Known Member

Oh wow, it didn’t even occur to me that it could be a hallucination. Rick hallucinated when he lost Lori - and they just lost a lot of people including the entire Kingdom so maybe that’s possible. It’s also possible there is still someone out there with a helicopter. I hope we find out soon.

6. Sully

Sully Active Member

I'm worried it's from a Savior outpost and they're going to clear out the walkers.

I know they're gonna be cleared, but for some reason I keep feeling anxious about it happening like it'll stop it from happening somehow.

I was like no stop the guns, no mess up the explosions and take out the walkers, oh no the helicopter is gonna save them.

7. TROR

TROR Member

Did I miss something else, too? What helicopter? What Gabriel bite? Did I watch the same episode as all of you?

• Funny Funny x 3
  8. Neuropyramidal

Neuropyramidal Well-Known Member

You picked the wrong week to take up crack! :p

• Like Like x 3
    • Funny Funny x 3
  9. TROR

TROR Member

Turns out my illegal pirating streams have been cutting out the last 5 minutes without me knowing. Fortunately, in searching for the full episode, I learned AMC puts them up the night of instead of the day after now so I no longer have to pirate them.

• Winner Winner x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  10. Rapscallion

Rapscallion Well-Known Member

Yeah. I'm thinking Rick will see that helicopter a few more times this season, but it'll be revealed it was only a bird.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  11. bula412

bula412 Well-Known Member

There is a lot of military in the area. The air force has a station very close to alexandria. There are some small bases (md national guard?) around baltimore. a little farther north and there is APG. Also a huge air force base in Dover, even though that one is probably close to 100 miles away and not very relevant. It's possible that there is still some kind of organized military in the area, or at least military trained survivors, who can maybe maintain and fly helicopters.

• Like Like x 2
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  12. Blueman

Blueman Well-Known Member

There was a helicopter in the Governor's arc. That was US National Guard, IIRC. This time, it should be different. Or else, it will too much of a repeat.
    I think Rick was on his way to the Garbage people. And, he saw the helicopter flying in that same direction? Maybe it is related to them? Perhaps not.

• Like Like x 1
  13. JEA13

JEA13 Well-Known Member

I was wondering if they are connected to Negan but then thought that military personnel would probably have their own leader and not want to follow Negan. I have no idea really who it could be. I hope they dont go hallucination route again.

14. DragonRacer

DragonRacer Well-Known Member

Yeah, that threw me off because I was like "We already did the Woodbury and Governor arc, what is this?"

15. JEA13

JEA13 Well-Known Member

It will be revealed next episode when Negan tells his people : at dawn look to the east. so they can be rescued at helms deep.. err I mean the factory.

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  16. Sharpie61

Sharpie61 Well-Known Member

Easter egg for future bad guys?

• Like Like x 1
  17. Weallgotit

This is what I'm thinking. I seriously doubt Rick is hallucinating out of nowhere. He has not done that since Lori died. If he is, why a helicopter of all things. And if he is, that's just repetitive writing. I say its another group of survivors.

#17 Weallgotit, Nov 20, 2017
    Last edited: Nov 20, 2017
    • Agree Agree x 1
  18. Neuropyramidal

Neuropyramidal Well-Known Member

Yeah, I'm doubting hallucination too. My guess is it will be something that plays into the future, but not for several episodes. I'm personally hoping its something completely unrelated to what we've seen so far, just because I like things complicated ;)

But it also could be a helicopter from another Savior's outpost, on its way to asses the situation around the Sanctuary from above, and maybe give aid. Although if its a military helicopter then you'd have to question why they didn't use it in the attack on ASZ.

• Like Like x 1
  19. Weallgotit

I am hoping its not the saviors. But another group somewhere that has been surviving and have resources to keep a helicopter up. Someone completely different like you said unrelated to what we've seen before.

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. Lindigo

Lindigo Well-Known Member

I can't think of anything more astonishing than a helicopter, so that was THRILLING!!! There are probably a few toddlers in the apocalypse who have never seen a machine move through the sky.

As a practical matter, does anyone know if helicopter fuel goes bad? I was interested to learn during the Las Vegas mass shooting where the guy tried to blow up that nearby fuel tank that airplane fuel won't explode that way. So there is at least that one big difference.

• Like Like x 1