Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

The Negan/Saviors has to be massive.

Discussion in 'Episode 613 - The Same Boat' started by MegaMattMKV, Mar 14, 2016.

1. rick>daryl

rick>daryl New Member

I've got the kill count at about 40. 8 from the RPG, I counted 23 at last week's raid, plus another 8 or 9 this week. But listening to Paula talk on the walkie, it sounded like they have several safe houses. They talked about many different sectors, plus it was said they hadn't been to that place in a month which makes me think that have so many safe places that they can't keep them all clear, all the time. No doubt, Rick has taken out a large portion of the Saviors but I doubt it's more than a quarter. And now every single Savior will be on high alert. There will be no more surprise raids at night. No catching larging groups off guard with rocket launchers. None of that. Hopefully Rick's group found their whole arsenal but I'm sure they have other reserves hidden elsewhere.

2. Expat-N-America

Expat-N-America Active Member

Personally I think it would be unrealistic for the group to number in the 100s and have one man, no matter how maniacal, stay in control without a challenge and be organized. Not in this world.

3. Z-Man

Z-Man Well-Known Member

Don't forget the ones Abe and Sasha took out in the ambush in the first half (In 'always accountable'), and the diabetic girl with the group that kidnapped Daryl. 43 at least. I would cont the Hilltop guy who Rick killed, as he was following orders from the Saviors and should be counted among the followers of Negan... 44.

I think they will beef up the Saviors ranks in the show to boost the body count. At least 150 otherwise the Hilltop would outnumber them by a wide margin.

4. AAG331

AAG331 Member

Well he was probably challenged, just he stamped out everyone who directly opposed him.

5. Expat-N-America

Expat-N-America Active Member

Its just hard to believe that a group that large would not have significant challenges, not just one on one. if thirty guys decided their preferred guy was better off as leader, it would be an ambush. Im sure Negan could handle one guy challenging him, but a group?

Its more likely his group is small and more easily intimidated,

6. netr0pa

netr0pa Member

Everyone in Rick's group will get Godlike-cheat mode on anyway until ....

Negan must be the most cruel dictator in order to keep those 300 estimated presumable soldiers working for him loyally.

7. Blueman

Blueman Well-Known Member

I think Negan rules by 'fear' and is sort of a cult leader. Say, if he has a core of 30 men around him, who will carry out his ruthless orders and these brainwashed lieutenants will each control 10 men who will be harshly punished if they disobey, then Negan would have a total of 300+ men.

8. Ionut

Ionut Active Member

Warlords in lawless, war torn hell zones in the real world control thousands to ten thousands. I don't see how controlling 100 would be issue if you have the charisma, resources and fear.

9. Spidey

Spidey Active Member

1) That wasn't a surprise attack, they knew the walkers were there and were ready for days
    2) The walker horde coming into Alexandria actually STARTED in the day which was a huge advantage for the town.
    3) They used an RPG + Lake combination. Doubt both will be available for Negan's camp
    4) they would have to deal with humans attacking after the walker horde is taken fought off. That's much more than Alexandria had to deal with.5
    5) A lot of people died, including the leader Deanna. So if you truly want to parallel those 2, that's like saying Negan will die but everyone else survives.

Those people are never fully in control, there is a lot of backlash, resistance, and killing back and forth. They have control but people fight back. So if Negan does have like a thousand people I'd expect a lot of those people are only fighting with him to survive, but would betray him real fast given the chance for freedom.

#29 Spidey, Mar 16, 2016
    Last edited: Mar 16, 2016
  10. Ionut

Ionut Active Member

They've already started that this is the case - that Negan has unhappy people and dissent in his group. They punish them hard though and it keeps most in line.

You'll see more dissenters.

I'm just saying in the real world Warlords do control swaths of armed anarchy - in reply to someone saying it was unrealistic one man could control hundreds.

11. Spidey

Spidey Active Member

I don't want to speak for Expat-N-America but it seemed she was saying it would be unrealistic for hundreds to all follow him in a totally devoted manner. If there are dissenters, at least for me, it makes it way more realistic even though he still has overall control. (Meaning I'd agree with you)

12. GermanZombie

GermanZombie New Member

I would call it "that got bbq"