Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

The not so mighty king

Discussion in 'Episode 710 - New Best Friends' started by Weallgotit, Feb 19, 2017.

1. Weallgotit

Weallgotit Well-Known Member

Ezekiel's peace act is as impressive as Morgan's. He needs to at least pretend he has his men's backs when meeting the Saviors. That Jared guy seriously has it in for Richard. But to let Ezekiel tell it, Richard is the problem. When will this guy get it?

• Agree Agree x 3
  2. JEA13

JEA13 Well-Known Member

Yes. I agree . Ezekiel really irritated me this episode, when he didnt strongly argue that the saviors stick to the deal of not being violent if they receive supplies.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  3. zombiemom62

zombiemom62 Well-Known Member

I think Ezekiel is too busy looking at individual actions to see the whole picture. It isn't worth Richard's life to push keeping the gun. The Savior said you know the rules. I took that to mean what ever they want they get. It doesn't matter who started it. At some point there will be something to change his mind, something too big too ignore. Somebody is going to meet Lucille or die some other way, and the King will be pushed into action. I don't think Richard is here for the long haul. You know the Saviors won't stay out of the Kingdom forever.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  4. Daryl Rocks

Daryl Rocks Well-Known Member

I liked Richard until he tried to frame Carol. The Savior that is in charge at the pick ups seems like a decent person. He Knows what's going on and when he said "read the room", he knows it's only a metter a time before something happens. If he wasn't there Jared would have killed Richard last time.

• Like Like x 7
  5. RicksdaMan

RicksdaMan Active Member

Ezekiel will step up (maybe Ben's death) gets him there.

But, at the end of the day it seems that all black men on the show are just weak men at heart. They write them that way. Tyreese was a disgrace, Morgan started out good until he found a stick.

All eyez on Gabriel now. Maybe he survives the curse.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. fylimar

fylimar Active Member

I agree. Richard trying to frame Carol was a no go. And I do think, it will be Richards death or something he does, tha twill force Ezekiel into fighting.

And I agree, that the savior in charge seems a bit more decent than some of Negans other men (and women *coughArakcough*). But he on the other hand should not take Jared with him. Or maybe the nice guy attitude is just pretend and he wants Jared to start a fight to get an excuse to enter the Kingdom.

About Ezekiel: I somehow can understand him. He wants to keep his people save and he thinks he can get along with the saviors. I'm still not sure, if Bens father and the others really died in a zombie attack or maybe via Lucille. If they were indeed killed by saviors, Ezekiel might just be too scared to act at the moment, like Rick was a while ago. And unlike RIck, Ezekiel doesn't have a Michonne to persuade him to fight. The people closest to him convinced him to not fight

• Like Like x 2
  7. Weallgotit

As a black man I never even thought of this but it does seem to be that way. T-Dogg, Morgan, Tyrese, Gabriel and Ezekiel were or are portrayed as these kind hearted souls who prefer to keep the peace. I don't know if it's to stay clear of stereotypes or not. But they all seem to have that in common.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  8. Weallgotit

I like all of your thoughts on this. I thought they should leave Jared behind too but the Saviors are not gonna make anything easy on the good guys. And to me Ezekiel does seem to be sure not to fuffle their feathers. Would he be that eager to cower to them if he had not seen them do something really terrible? I'm not so sure. I still think if anyone can convince Ezekiel it would be Richard or Ben.

9. Steppin' Razor

10. daveainthere

daveainthere Member

11. RicksdaMan

RicksdaMan Active Member

Stereotypes - nah. When the women are portrayed 'angry' or at least start out that way or become so along the way.

I love the women but the men are always a let down in the long run.

12. DixonChick1978

DixonChick1978 New Member

Hey so this is my first post! Woot! Anyway. Wanted to chime in. Yeah I hope Ezekiel steps up sooner rather than later. I love his character but he is starting to move into Morgan territory for me. Also, part of his motivation may be that he is literally playing a character and is keeping the deal the he made with savior's a secret from the majority of the community. He could be afraid that this will backfire on him if the community realizes that he has been basically lying (or obfuscating) for so long. Just a thought. It seems like he knows they will have to go to war but is trying to hold it off as long as possible.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  13. Dulak

Dulak Member

To be honest the deal King Ezekiel has with the saviors isnt that bad compared to the deal rick had ...

Right now he just needs to provide him goods and they havnt run rampant around his 'kingdom' nor killed people. So Ezekiel either faces inconvenience of the goods lost compared to many many people dying including himself perhaps. Many people dont do things this drastic unless backed into a corner or if they are a psychopath (Negan).

14. 8307c4

8307c4 Well-Known Member

Yes but what Richard keeps saying is it won't last, and I agree... Sooner or later (and in these cases it's almost always sooner, read between the lines there, sooner mk) some savior is going to get a little too hot and Ezekiel's Royal bullshit won't be enough to stop what is sure to happen.

It's not a bad deal, no. And Ezekiel will keep it up as long as possible, but what about the saviors? Hell there's already static and it's getting heavier. Because, and this is unfortunate but Ezekiel's Kingliness is all a tremendous bunch of bullshit, a great act but an act nonetheless.

Another way to say it is, only on TV would there ever be such a King.

So far the saviors have played along, but one day they m̶i̶g̶h̶t̶ will not. And to my understanding Negan's not even aware of the Kingdom, ho boy have you any idea what's going to happen if the Batboy ever gets wind of it?

Oh yeah...
    That will be the day.

Didn't care for Richard backstabbing Carol either.

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. Weallgotit

Sooner or later Ezekiel will be forced by the Saviors to make a choice to save one of his people's life on the spot. By the time he realizes their is no real safety for his people dealing with the Saviors it may be too late.