Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

The Old Man

Discussion in 'Television Shows' started by Stealth, Jul 11, 2022.

1. Stealth

Stealth Well-Known Member

This is a series on FX starring Jeff Bridges and John Lithgow. The cast is what drew me into the show.

They're now 5 episodes into a 7 episode season. The basic premise is that Jeff Bridges is a former CIA agent who had been involved in Afghanistan and John Lithgow is trying to track him down. It's a little like the film "The Fugitive." The first 4 episodes are packed with a lot of action and are well done.

In episode 5 I think the plot might've gone a bit wayward, but we'll see how they end it. It's worth watching though just to see Bridges and Lithgow in these roles. I'm guessing it's a limited run series because I don't know how they could string this concept on much beyond this season, or two at most.

2. Stealth

Stealth Well-Known Member

I thought this might be a one season run, but it's going to be at least two. I saw the final twist coming, but they did a good job with it. We basically learned it at the same time as Lithgow's character. The series is solid and worth checking out.

3. avensis

avensis New Member

A classic and quite talkative series but stands out mainly for its very good cast, made up of Bridges and Lightgow. The fight scenes are "realistic" and the plot is quite good