Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

The ONE thing that really has been bothering me!!

Discussion in 'Episode 410 - Inmates' started by Mariuch, Feb 24, 2014.

1. Mariuch

Mariuch New Member

I am new around these parts, and had a little stupidity in my registering :zombies_blush:. But I really enjoy the show and just had a really hard time with one little thing.

Now that we know Tyreese took Judith. Why in the heck did he waste time taking her OUT of the car seat?? We know he did it because thats where the blood came from. So some guy, who as far as we know, didn't have kids, while being shot at, by guns & tanks, and a few hundred zombies running around. Takes the time to take the baby out of the carrier. Wouldn't you just run by and grab the carrier? LOL!?

Now don't get me wrong. It had to be done for the story, so Rick & Carl think Judith is dead. But come on. Really??

I know I am taking a step backwards here. But I just had to share this thought with people who would understand!

2. Alina

Alina Well-Known Member

Yep, I absolutely agree, if you were going to rescue a baby the first thing you'd want would be a handle. The only exception would be if you were going to tie them to your back African style.

It was a nice reveal shot though with Tyreese's broad back obscuring Judith and then he turns around and there she is. It would have had more impact if we'd really believed she was dead but I think a lot of us just knew that they wouldn't kill her off like that so the reveal didn't have the impact they'd hoped.

3. Dead man walking

We don't know who took Judith out of the car seat, we didn't see that. With Judith being alive there doesn't seem any rational explanation for the seat being covered in blood either. Was a bloody faced walker sniffing it like a blood hound because fresh meat had just been there? So who knows what happened. Hopefully when he meets up with Rick again he'll tell him (us) what happened.

4. Dead man walking

I agree it was a great moment with Tyrese turning with Judith in his arms, well done.

I actually did believe Judith was dead, it's TV nothing is too shocking. Plus it's quite difficult incorporating a baby into this apocalypse, a baby is a hindrance and hard to write character development for.

However rather than a car seat I would actually prefer to carry the baby in one of those strap on baby carriers to leave both hands free but I guess they are in short supply in an apocalypse and I never paid attention when my wife made one like a hippy out of a long cloth to be able to do the same :)

5. AtlantaOverrun

AtlantaOverrun Well-Known Member

Haha didn't thought of that. But nothing to worry about, just a empty seat to give us some tears when we assumed little Judy died

6. Alina

Alina Well-Known Member

Africans carry their babies like this:

[​IMG]

It's really good. The baby spends most of their time asleep against the warmth of the back and it reduces energy consumption on the part of the carrier. It leaves the hands free and the baby is out of the way in case anyone needs to use a hammer against zombies or something.

7. Jen7

Jen7 Well-Known Member

Ty needs one of these:

[​IMG]

8. Dead man walking

Yeah, that's what I meant although hippies have them round the front which is also good then a walker can't bite the baby off your back. At least round the front you know where it is.

9. Mariuch

Mariuch New Member

Well I figured we knew it was Tyreese who got her out of the seat since he said about his arm cut that "it was worse at the prison". I took that as the explanation for the blood in the seat. But yes a baby sling would be much more efficient!

10. Caryl

Caryl Member

That poor baby looks so uncomfortable.

11. tink

tink Well-Known Member

Of course we know that. At the prison, Tyreese was the only one of the three bleeding, we saw him running with something in his arms (which we now know was Judith). Tyreese mentioned that his injury was bleeding much worse at the prison.

Bob was bleeding at the prison too, but it would be hard to explain why he, Sasha and Maggie wouldn't have taken Judith with them if he was close enough to bleed on her.

12. BatmansHooker

BatmansHooker Well-Known Member

Wouldn't the carrier be a bit big and heavy to be carrying around and fighting off zombies? It took two of the kids to carry it. Probably a lot easier just to carry Judith around than be weighed down by a large, heavy carrier. :)

13. DrtyDeedz362436

DrtyDeedz362436 New Member

I didn't read all the replies so sorry if this hasn't been said...omg have you ever tried to carry one of those baby car seats with a handle for any length of time? It sucks. Much easier to carry baby in your arms. And forget running with it...too awkward. I had to run across the street with one to catch a bus. We would've both been zombie food if that's the reason we were running.

14. DrtyDeedz362436

DrtyDeedz362436 New Member

That guy looks like Rick. lol

15. vidoxi

vidoxi Member

If he had taken the carrier, Rick and Carl (and us) would have assumed that Judith must have been saved by someone. The bloody carrier was just a (bad and really obvious) fake-out.

16. Stujoe

Stujoe Member

Exactly. I have carried my fair share of babies in car seats and it indeed, completely, sucks. I would have picked her up and ran too.

Now, a papoose or whatever they call them would be much better.

17. Dead man walking

No we didn't know that. If you 'guessed' that then well done but no one else knew anything about what happened for sure. The first time we knew Judith was alive was when we see Tyreese turn holding her - before that everyone thought she had been eaten.

18. Dead man walking

But if Judith is strapped in, the bonus is you can give it a big swing and crack a head or two with it :)

19. tink

tink Well-Known Member

No, you maybe didn't know, but there were multiple threads on here and we (this site) did know.

20. stygianhaven

stygianhaven New Member

The only thing I could see being problematic with the African style of carrying Judith is much too often they get caught from behind unexpectedly , and since the baby would be an extension of the person they wouldn't probably immediately feel her being attacked. Judith would be good as gone.