Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

The Passage

Discussion in 'Television Shows' started by Neuropyramidal, Feb 10, 2018.

1. Neuropyramidal

Neuropyramidal Well-Known Member

This is an upcoming show on Fox, with no premiere date yet, but it will be sometime in 2018, possibly as early as summer. They are in the midst of doing reshoots for the pilot right now.

Its a post apocalyptic premise, which if done right, could have a similar feel to TWD, although the creatures are vampire-like instead of zombies, and the plot is quite a bit different than TWD.

Its based on a novel Trilogy by Justin Cronin, the first book of which I am currently almost finished with. Excellent book. I'm totally immersed in the story. I was skeptical when I ordered the book, as vampire stories are not typically my thing, but its a great, very well written, book that focuses on the relationships between the characters, not the vampires, and the first novel alone spans a time frame of almost 100 years. The characters are deep and well written, and main characters who you figure will persist throughout the story, die.

Anyway, if you are looking for a winter read, I suggest trying the novel The Passage in preparation for this new show, which I hope captures the feel of the book.

• Like Like x 1
  2. PepperAnn

PepperAnn Well-Known Member

FINALLY. they’ve been talking about making this into a movie or show for years. This is @page and my favorite book series.

• Like Like x 1
  3. tink

tink Well-Known Member

:)

Great books, I hope the show will be as well done.

Although I have to say after the first novel in the series, the others were not quite as good. Not that they were bad, but that first one was just so great.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. Neuropyramidal

The Official Trailer.

I liked the novels, so even though I'm not super impressed with the trailer, I'm trying to remain optimistic.

@PepperAnn @Jama @tink @Jen7

• Like Like x 2
  5. tink

tink Well-Known Member

When does it start?

I kind of don't trust Fox though, they keep starting shows, get me interested, then they just cancel them.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. Neuropyramidal

they haven't said anything less vague than "fall 2018". So if that's the case, we should be getting a premiere date before too long....

7. Dnae

Dnae Well-Known Member

1. who is the chris pratt doppleganger

and

2. did I see desmond dressed up as a doctor?

8. Dnae

Dnae Well-Known Member

O.M.G IT'S ZACK MORRIS!!
    [​IMG]
    and

YES.......it IS Desmond. What does this mean for The 100?

• Like Like x 2
  9. PepperAnn

Ooooh thank you for this. I will have to watch on break. YAYYYY.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  10. tink

tink Well-Known Member

Coming in January

• Winner Winner x 1
  11. Neuropyramidal

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  12. PepperAnn

Tv series?

• Winner Winner x 1
  13. tink

tink Well-Known Member

Yay!!!

Yes @PepperAnn , it'll be on your Fox station.

• Winner Winner x 1
  14. lastcat3

lastcat3 Well-Known Member

Have the series set to record. I bought the first book (not far into it but really good so far) and I think I will read the book series before watching the show. Will be fun to see the differences between the show and book (I am sure the show will be greatly condensed since they are pretty massive books (the first one is almost as thick as the GoT novels)). I am still less than a hundred pages into the first book so can't say much as of now between the differences but I can say that Amy in the book is actually white.

15. PepperAnn

OH! Remind me tonight. LOL

16. PepperAnn

Oh I am so happy for you. Such a great ride. I am jealous. LOL

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. Jama

Jama Well-Known Member

Yeah, Slater and Screech are going to join the cast if the series takes off. It's going to be great. I'm pretty sure Mr. Belding is going to be a vampire though. Don't quote me on that.

• Funny Funny x 1
  18. Neuropyramidal

Its almost always a bit disappointing when you watch television or a movie that is based on books you really like. It definitely was rushed compared to the novels, and characters and development that I liked a lot in the books was just skipped here.

Having said that, I'm trying to look at it from the perspective of someone who has never read the books and just turned on the show knowing nothing. From that perspective, I can say I liked the first episode, even if was a bit formulaic at times and rushed. They did pack quite a bit into one episode, and I'm sure it gave the average viewer much to think about.

Based on the previews for next episode, it seems the show may not be taking itself too seriously. I guess I will decide if that's a good or bad thing after I see more. All in All, disappointing compared to the source material, but taken as its own entity, I give it a 7/10. Above average compared to the background noise of most prime time television.

19. lastcat3

lastcat3 Well-Known Member

Haven't watched it yet but just going off of how thick the first book was ( I assume the next two are equally as thick) there was no way they would be able to give the show anywhere close to the depth the books have. So not surprising that you may find the show dissapointing after reading the books.

I would imagine those who read the entire song of ice and fire series prior to the show airing feel the same way about Game of Thrones.

20. PepperAnn

Shit. I forgot.