Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

The Reagans

Discussion in 'Television Shows' started by Stealth, Nov 23, 2020.

1. Stealth

Stealth Well-Known Member

This is a 4 episode documentary series on Showtime. So far it's been well done. I've seen part 1 which outlines Reagan's early years up to when he was running for governor. It already is bringing up some interesting points on image and messaging etc. Thought that @purriwinkle would be interested in this one. I have some early perceptions on it all but I want to see more of the series first.

2. purriwinkle

purriwinkle Well-Known Member

Who did the documentary? I usually love this kind of stuff, for instance Ken Burn’s The Roosevelts was exceptional. I’ll check this out. Thanks.

3. Stealth

Matt Tyrnauer. The archival footage they use is really good and they mix in first person accounts. His son, Ron Reagan, featured prominently in the first episode. I read a lot of history and already picked up a few things I didn't know about regarding his early years in Hollywood.

• Informative Informative x 1
  4. Stealth

I didn't like how this documentary ended. I thought it lacked focus once Reagan reached the White House. The early years were excellent, the rest of it felt all over the place and the ending just sort of fizzled out. Disappointing.