Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

The Saviors do value each other

Discussion in 'Episode 613 - The Same Boat' started by Morgotha, Mar 15, 2016.

1. Morgotha

Morgotha Well-Known Member

The question at this point is how ruthless are the Saviors, and how much do they value human life? Do they even put value on each others' lives?

One of the big reasons the Savior crew wanted to get Primo back was to treat wounded arm guy. When the wounded arm guy died, from the Saviors' perspective the whole point of the trade shifted. Now the only reason to make a trade was to get Primo back.

If the Saviors didn't care at all about one of their own, the easiest thing to do would be to kill Maggie and Carol on the spot and go meet up with the rest of your crew. That would increase the risk of Primo dying, but if you don't care about Primo, so what? They didn't do that though, so they do at least have loyalty to each other.

On an unrelated note, I still don't understand why Paula, etc., felt they had to quit watching the prisoners and go clear out the hallway for their backup. Couldn't the four heavily armed guys with no prisoners to guard do that themselves?

2. br0k3n

br0k3n Member

The way I understood it, Primo's role was as a medic attached to the squad or outpost group. Medics are highly valuable to the team for obvious reasons. So they do have a value system, but I'm not sure it has much to do with anything beyond function. Remember how Paula and Chelle discuss males as little more than organic sex toys? Zero emotional attachment. I think Chelle had fondness for her father, but that was probably pre apocalypse.

The dialogue around them clearing the walkers is hazy to me now. Very possible that the only real reason for it was a dramatic device for the scene.

3. Neuropyramidal

Neuropyramidal Well-Known Member

Except for the fact that they didn't know Donnie died until all the shit went down at the end.

4. Adam Poole

Adam Poole Member

That plus the fact that as soon as Paula agreed to the deal she suspected that Rick's group had already tracked them to their location (no radio static) and were planning an attack. At that point they had no choice but to make the deal or plan their own attack.

5. EvieE

EvieE Member

They may value each other in a strength in number type of deal and what each person can contribute to the group

6. rustybag

rustybag Member

They were killed off too soon to tell. But a red flag to me that they weren't quite as tough as they were trying to come across, is they revealed way too much personal information to people they just met. At this stage in the game, definitely don't let the enemy know what your vulnerabilities are. I thought the same thing of Carol when she was revealing personal info, especially by telling them Maggie was pregnant, and was thinking what others were, that it must have been a manipulative strategic ploy on her part, but then she was going to let Paula go, so there went that idea. So I'm not sure.

7. Gordian Knot

Gordian Knot Member

There's one thing for sure. Neither of the three women had any sympathy or use for the guy with them who was shot. They just let him lie there and if he was still alive when reinforcements came all good. But if he died before the others came, oh well.