Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

The scene in the end..

Discussion in 'Episode 513 - Forget' started by RarreKZ, Mar 9, 2015.

1. RarreKZ

RarreKZ Well-Known Member

Did Rick realize that the walls are completely safe or that the walkers can stack up and eventually burst in? To me it seemed like he understood that sooner or later they're gonna need to clear the walls.

What do you think?

2. JEA13

JEA13 Well-Known Member

I didnt understand this scene at end. If anyone has interpretation , I would like to hear it.

3. Dindin2

Dindin2 Member

With a walker on the other side, just one walker I guess he was feeling to see how much impact it can have on the wall and then multiply it when it's more. Vibrations and all. However I am open to ideas.

4. CheesyBirdMess

CheesyBirdMess Well-Known Member

Yeah I'm usually into arty farty stuff, but this just perplexed me with the song that was playing...

5. Stealth

Stealth Well-Known Member

That scene wasn't clear to me at all, but part of the lyrics I caught. It said something like, "the sun in my life is dead." I'm guessing they're saying any sense of normalcy is gone for Rick. In some way this faux community is even bringing out some craziness in him. He went for his gun briefly too after he saw Jessie and her husband pass. Perhaps, like some PTSD soldier he's out ready for conflict? And then he went to lean up against the wall by that walker, almost as if he needed to get close to the danger.

6. CheesyBirdMess

CheesyBirdMess Well-Known Member

Excellent considerations.

7. Marc

Marc Well-Known Member

He might have tested the impact, The damn metal is not really thick. Also he was staring at the A; right? "A" as in the wagons they where locked up in Terminus. Trauma I bet.

8. Stealth

Stealth Well-Known Member

Yes, I caught that too. I thought the whole A stamp in the episode was well done too.

9. beergenius

beergenius New Member

Others have mentioned the similarities between this wall and "boxcar A". My take away from the entire episode is how much loss of freedom is acceptable in the name of safety and protection.

10. RarreKZ

RarreKZ Well-Known Member

You have a point. Rick was getting too comfortable around all those people and seeing Carl chatting with those other teenagers gave him a sense of freedom for a couple of moments. But when he heard the walker he realized that the world is still what it is out there, a blood bath.

11. Lori Grimes

Lori Grimes Active Member

He was lamenting the fact that his beard is long gone.

12. Team Maggie

Team Maggie Member

I think there are two possibilities. One he finally feels safe. Not leaning towards this due to his previous actions with the reach for the gun. Two, he needs the constant threat and misses being out there in a weird way because that is a part of who he has become.

13. Lupey

Lupey Member

I hated the ending. The song was horrible and Rick is all of sudden becoming unglued again? I expected it to be the ghost of Laurie on the other side of the wall.

14. Stujoe

Stujoe Member

I thought it was maybe thinking back to Terminus and how it was before they were overtaken and how similar it probably was to Alexandria. Like he is thinking all it takes is on crazy person or a herd of walker to bring it all down....and they don't even have anyone on the relatively flimsy and easily climbable walls to see it coming.

15. Neuropyramidal

Neuropyramidal Well-Known Member

I think it symbolized Rick's tentative acceptance of this place. Before that he wasn't separating ASZ from the world outside. Both were dangerous places where he couldn't trust anybody. In that moment he was discovering that there was a divide. The bad world is out there. And I'm in here. This place is real.

For now.

16. lovethishow

lovethishow Member

This was also my take on it. He was basking in the fact that he and his family were safe... they don't have to worry about mild threats like one or two walkers...

But at the same time... bad things are still out there... and although they are safe FOR NOW, they may not always be.

17. Reflexx

Reflexx Member

I think he's looking at how this wall is all that separates everyone in Alexandria from the real world. Leaning up against the wall he could hear the real world and the danger is possesses. But at the same time, he's right next to the walker but in perfect safety.

It's uneasy, because as Sasha said, "This isn't real."

18. Contaminated

Contaminated Member

I didn't like that end scene at all. The song was strangely unfitting and left me wondering whats happening, whats going on.

I think they need a hoard to attack to bring them back to reality.

19. RoboLives

RoboLives Member

I agree. Rick has been here before at the prison. I took the look on his face to mean that he has some hope that this will last at least for a little while.

20. Lolly92660

Lolly92660 Member

I don't mean to pick on you, but I don't know where else to post this and it's been bugging me for some time.

Can we all agree to stop using the word "hoard" when it comes to large groups of walkers? If I were to start collecting walkers in my basement, that would be a "hoard" (a hidden supply or fund stored up), but if I then released my "hoard" and they started shuffling down the road, then they would become a "horde" (a loosely organized or disordered crowd or throng).

I know it's minor, but it bugs. Thanks for your cooperation.

[I think I'm going to save this post and use it every time I see someone use the word "hoard". Eradicating this word from the forum is going to become my mission. Of course, if characters start hoarding food and people start talking about "hording", then I'm going to feel bad.:zombies_nosmile: ]