Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

The Scott Gimpledick NON appreciation thread

Discussion in 'The Walking Dead TV Characters' started by Apollonia, Dec 11, 2017.

1. Apollonia

Apollonia Well-Known Member

Alas, a much needed thread. Here you may bestow all the frustration, venting, back door compliments, any "wtf is he doing" rants, etc. etc etc. to the pompous, arrogant, teflon coated idiot show runner who has single-handedly (feels like), moronically, head up his ass come up with the worst story lines (cough cough garbage dump people), character assassinations both real and metaphorical and is well on his way to destroying the one show we have all loved since day one and has now a lot of us scratching our heads with disbelief. Let me begin with a short and sweet comment. I hope he DOES troll these forums.

Mr. Gimple: Please look into another line of work. Taco Bell desperately needs Burrito folders.

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Winner Winner x 1
  2. Jen7

Jen7 Well-Known Member

Oooooh does this mean it'll all stay in this thread now?

[​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 1
  3. Apollonia

Sadl
    Sadly....No. I reserve the right to spew my hatred and loathing for Gimple all over this forum and into real life. I have already blamed him for a few things gone wrong today at work and it has nothing to do with the show. But its STILL his fault.

• Funny Funny x 1
  4. Jen7

Jen7 Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 2
  5. Taeyeon'sBF

Taeyeon'sBF Well-Known Member

Good job ruining the whole series & throwing Chandler under the bus.
    What a total C#ck.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  6. Reina

Reina Active Member

Noooo, I love burritos. Maybe the little eatery in Walmart. Do they still have those?

Le sigh, Gimple. I always tried to have an open mind where you were concerned, but now you've blown it.

I hope you will take the time to explain your decision on this matter. In full detail. No Gimple filler.

• Like Like x 1
  7. BetterAngel

BetterAngel Active Member

At this point I find Gimple even less redeemable than Eugene. That's bad, all things considered. Too bad Abe isn't around to punch his lights out like he did to Eugene that one time. I'd pay to see that.

Gimple will be the demise of this show. I firmly believe that. He's a smarmy little d*ck who cares more about his precious 'shock values' than the integrity of the show. What a piece of sh*t!

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  8. tink

tink Well-Known Member

9. Apollonia

• Informative Informative x 1
  10. WrongAboutCarl

WrongAboutCarl Active Member

I think they should demote Gimple from show runner, not fire him. He has been personally responsible for some of the best episodes of the series. But I think he falls short on the big picture, putting together a full season stuff. He is not strong at working with an expanded cast, doesn’t seem to have a good grasp on how to effectively utilize cliffhangers without damaging powerful moments, and doesn’t show a great understanding of what will translate well from the comic arcs and what won’t. On individual episodes, however, the man is damn near a genius.

• Like Like x 2
  11. zombiemom62

zombiemom62 Well-Known Member

hold on! HOLD ON! When I make a run for the border, I want chicken in my chicken burrito, not a spoonful of soft dog poo, that I'm told is the best thing ever. Do you want Taco Bell to go under?

• Funny Funny x 2
  12. Apollonia

I beg to differ hun. He did good in S4. From S5 onwards his ego took over the creative side of his brain. Everything you have mentioned as his weak spots are integral to good storytelling going forward. He just doesn't have it anymore.

How about CarlALMOSTlastalive?

• Like Like x 1
  13. Rapscallion

Rapscallion Well-Known Member

Gimple should've been fired after the S6 finale with the Lucille cliffhanger. How could anyone f*** up the most iconic moment of TWD? I didn't think TWD could get any worse, but Carl's death proved me wrong. :(

• Like Like x 2
  14. WrongAboutCarl

Some episodes Gimple wrote:

Save the Last One: Shane kills Ottis.

Pretty Much Dead Already: Walker Sophia comes out of the barn.

18 Miles Out: Epic Shane v. Rick fight.

Hounded: Merle hunts Michone, and captures Glenn and Maggie. Michone arrives at prison.

Clear: Rick, Carl, and Michone find crazy Morgan

The Grove: the deaths of Lizzie and Micah.

My point is the man can write a single episode. He just can’t put several episodes together and make a season.

• Agree Agree x 2
  15. Rapscallion

Gimple wrote some great episodes, I give him that. But he sucks as a showrunner. Stories like the Hospital Arc, the Wolves, "Here is Not Here" (obvious Emmy grab), Jadis and the Scavengers have done nothing but waste time. Plus there is Gimple's habit of making characters act stupid to move the plot forward.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  16. Bobbie Fisher

Bobbie Fisher New Member

The show has jumped the shark thanks to Gimple and the writers. Simon lets Maggie go. Stupid. Carl presents the greatest amount of filler by limping around A. for 45 minutes, the fight between Negan and Rick lasted less than a minute, all the stupid rogue behavior by the cast, the pointlessness of Oceanside fighting with no weapons, Carol and Jerry pull up Deus ex machina-style when Rick is pinned down, The WHOLE junkyard story line was pointless and fruitless, And now this - a character that spurs Rick to live no matter what has been taken away. Stupid. All for Gimp's greed of ratings which ironically has the opposite effect.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Stealth

Stealth Well-Known Member

That's my biggest problem with him too. You lose a connection with the characters because they don't do things according to their nature, but to fill plot points. Then those people become hollow.

• Agree Agree x 2
  18. WrongAboutCarl

Agreed. That’s why I think they need a different show runner to lead the overall arch of the characters and plot. Send Gimple back to what he does better than most- writing a few, powerful, character driven, individual episodes each season.

• Like Like x 1
  19. Rapscallion

#19 Rapscallion, Dec 14, 2017
    Last edited: Dec 15, 2017
    • Informative Informative x 1
  20. Rapscallion

This morning I found a post on reddit TWD that sums up Gimple's attitude towards the fans of TWD.

Taitabo wrote: This is the same man who compares the fans to children...so I don't think he's listening to us; Daddy knows best!

"When you're a parent, your kid might have a tantrum for a lot of different reasons and you still have to love them and try to do right by them." - Scott Gimple.