Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

The show is missing Shane

Discussion in 'Episode 307 - When the Dead Come Knocking' started by Walker Shane, Nov 26, 2012.

1. Walker Shane

Walker Shane Member

He did what needed to be done not to save themselves but to save Carl. Rick has killed more people then shane. He tried to let Andrew get eaten by zombies and T-dog and Lori ended up getting killed. Shane would have made sure the prisoners were dead.

2. PepperAnn

PepperAnn Well-Known Member

Exactly! So why talk about what he did and didnt do right in season 2? That's my only point....

3. Agramer

Agramer Well-Known Member

You mean all the open threads that doesn't make sense with some episode or what?

@ wrjones73 It's OK... I thought that your post was directed for me. :Grin:

4. Walker Shane

Walker Shane Member

Everyone just started posting things like "he sucks" or "everyone would have been dead" instead of posting examples of why so i felt i had to defend him.

5. walkerTXranger

Shane never wanted to go rescue anybody. He told AMY her sissy was "gone". Name a rescue mission Shane went on. He just went to get medical supplies to save Carl.

6. Walker Shane

Walker Shane Member

He kept ed from beating up carol and he tied up jim until he calmed down and stopped scaring the group. Your going to tell me he didnt handle those situations well?

7. PepperAnn

PepperAnn Well-Known Member

I'm going to go ahead and go over to the season 2 forum so I can feel like I am in two places at the exact same time and POOF! be vaccuumed into another universe. :Grin:

8. walkerTXranger

Agreed but that didn't involve "leaving" and going on a rescue mission. Also, how hard is it to keep some redneck from beating on his wife? Any guy on this message board would have done the same thing.

9. Sterling

Sterling New Member

Does anyone seriously believe Shane could handle both the situation at the prison and the situation with the Gov/Merle at Woodbury? He was a ticking time bomb on a cozy farm that was free of any threats (yet). This situation would stress the hell out of him and people would be dying because of his selfish nature. Rick is becoming alot more like him sure, but Rick is still much better prepared to handle this then he is. He deals with people in a much more rational manner then Shane ever did. We can speculate all day long about the decisions he'd make, but he was as good as dead soon as he showed interest in Lori again after Rick came back. I think we all know that though.

10. Walker Shane

Walker Shane Member

Well nobody else did it. I dont reccall there being to many "rescue" missions either. Shane went on a rescue to save Rick from the hospital and to get medical supplies to save carl.

11. bula412

bula412 Well-Known Member

first of all, they wouldn't have any ammo left to take the prison. if they did somehow get inside and find the prisoners, he would have killed all of them. of course he would have just left hershel behind so they may have not even entered that room to begin with. he probably would have shot maggie for "killing lori." if he hadn't, he probably would have never found woodbury because he would not have left the prison to save them. michonne would be dead. he would have shot her for the formula. of course rick would be dead. he would have killed him off long ago. so who's left? Carl, Beth, Carol, Darryl and Shane? not much of a group

12. bula412

bula412 Well-Known Member

sorry, he wouldn't have to shoot michonne. he would have just let the walkers eat her and went and got the formula later

13. Lonesome Lurker

Lonesome Lurker Active Member

The group has been on many recon missions for supplies. Sure Shane was helpful at times but a lot of the times it was either because somebody was watching him or he was the reason the danger occurred anyways.

14. Killermolls

Killermolls Member

The baby would probably be dead too for "killing" Lori or being a bundle of liability.

15. Gilligan

Gilligan Member

It would be really interesting to see how he'd fare with Lori gone... Could he and Rick just forget about the past and be best buds again? What would there be to fight over? Shane and Rick are a lot alike. All Shane would have to do when there's a tough decision to be made would be make the choice in his head, then wait ten minutes to a day and then Rick would decide the same thing.

16. Gilligan

Gilligan Member

If he killed all the prisoners from the start, Maggie wouldn't have "killed" Lori, because the whole group would have been sticking together still. Also, T-Doug would still be alive. I don't agree with killing all the prisoners, but since you're making the argument that Shane would have killed them and that everything would be worse with Shane there, I just have to point out that at least T-Doug would have benefited from Shane sticking around.

I wonder if Shane would have gone back for Andrea... Did he really like her, or was he just in it for the sex? If Shane had gone back for Andrea, and the whole group moved on and couldn't take the prison because they were out of ammo, where would they have ended up? Who would have died? Who would have lived? We'll never know.

17. H5N1

H5N1 Moderator
    Staff Member

I don't think Rick & Shane could ever bury the hachet even if Lori was out of the way..

I took from Shane sheepishly asking Rick about how things were going with Rick & Lori that Shane was always keen on Lori..

Loved Shane as an intense interesting character, with the big film roles he's getting now this was noticed, but he was a hot head that didn't entirely think things through before executing them..[

QUOTE=Gilligan;88843]It would be really interesting to see how he'd fare with Lori gone... Could he and Rick just forget about the past and be best buds again? What would there be to fight over? Shane and Rick are a lot alike. All Shane would have to do when there's a tough decision to be made would be make the choice in his head, then wait ten minutes to a day and then Rick would decide the same thing.[/QUOTE]

18. A1337sti

A1337sti Member

When Ed was beating up Carol, he had the green light to beat the crap out of Ed and appear the hero, what did Shane do? Shane beat Ed nearly to death , and would have if the women didn't pull him Ed.

Jim was digging holes, only Bitch Lori claimed he was scaring anyone. he wasn't hurting anyone, Yet Shane had to go and make it an issue. ended up fighting over the shovel , i do believe Shane decked Jim, then tied him to a tree (or hand cuffed) Jim only calmed down because he wanted to be let go and not beaten. (Basically Shane solved that one the wrong way)

Shane opening up the Barn and shooting all the walkers, almost got the group kicked off of the farm, It was a hot headed move. But it actually worked out in their favor.

I think the actor did a great job. But the character had some faults, but one glaring one, He put himself above the rest of their group. Rick has the all for one, one for all mentality. Shane has the all for one, and I'm for me and Lori Mentality ...

Something interesting to think about, When the group found the prisoners, Thomas had a gun on them very quickly. We've never seen Shane talk someone into putting their weapon down. Shane would have fired upon Thomas right away, Thomas would have fired back. and Andrew probably would have not spoken up at all.. but would have later on done his "if i can't run this prison, no one can bit" and would try to lure a bunch of walkers into the prison.

.. I honestly don't think a whole lot would have changed... although Shane was going crazier and crazier that he couldn't have Lori.

I'd like to write that maybe with Shane around, Andrea would have made it away from the farm... but Shane would have looked out for Andrea, just Lori and Carl.

Shane added a lot more to the show, than he added to the group. He started off as a good guy, but slowly turned into a bad person when society crumbled.

I don't think Shane was a complete moron, but he made rash decisions . Mostly the problem is that he didn't really care about the entire group, just a sub set of that group...

19. UndeadMauldo

UndeadMauldo Member

I haven't missed him or his big mouth.

20. Thales

Thales Well-Known Member

I think if you replaced Rick with Shane, everyone would be walkers/dead by now lol.

Shane couldn't deal well living in their world.