Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

The site is moving...

Discussion in 'CODF News and Announcements' started by HarleyQuinn, May 10, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. HarleyQuinn

HarleyQuinn Administrator
    Staff Member

We'll be moving the site to a new domain by Monday. When we're done, this domain will forward to the new one. That's about all the information I can give out right now. Though, if you have questions, ask them and I'll answer what I can.

• Like Like x 2
  2. Junaid

Junaid Well-Known Member

So... is it gonna become a CoD Ghosts forum, or...?

3. MERCURYSB3

MERCURYSB3 Well-Known Member

any chance that the pages will load up faster ? and also maybe a log in window ?
    and could you take over Elite ? thats the most screwed up site i have seen ever.

4. PSIII

PSIII The Real West Don. (Super Moderator)
    Staff Member

Not possible.

5. Bullet Magnet

Bullet Magnet Well-Known Member

will we need to re register? im not sure i even remember my password

6. HarleyQuinn

Staff Member

You won't need to re-register. If you can't remember your password, you may need to send yourself a reminder once we move. Also, the fbux system will go away, but I'll try and get something in place where you won't have to do so much work to do something as simple as change the color of your name.

• Like Like x 2
  7. Pirated

Pirated Well-Known Member

Alright, so what exactly are we loosing?

Usernames & Passwords are staying, how about signatures and Avatars?

Since we are loosing our fbux...will the new system start everyone from zero? Also will we loose what we've bought already?

8. HarleyQuinn

Staff Member

We're going from vB3 to Xenforo. It should port it over, but I would save down my signature and avatar just in case anyway.

I won't have the new shop installed for a couple of days after the move. The fbux system has been at least partially broken for some time anyway. There's been at least a few times where I've had to credit someone fbux because this ages old plugin didn't like the order the items were purchased in. As servers upgrade their software over time more things in vB3 and its 3rd party plugins become outdated and break. To more directly answer your question, yes, everyone will start from zero. There's not an easy way to copy that data over.

9. Pirated

Damnit. Thats what I was worried about. I really like the simple layout of this site. Sad to see it go.

I love the simplicity of vBulletin, plus I know a lot about it. Xenforo in my opinion isn't as good but it's got more to offer.

Well, I guess we'll see how it all turns out. I hope I don't loose interest in the site because of the move. Also please don't set horrible money hungry permissions like the ghosts forum...thats also Xenforo based and it sucks. This forum is way better. Keep it that way please.

10. Sulq

Sulq Super Moderator
    Staff Member

I too like the simplicity of vBulletin.

11. HarleyQuinn

Staff Member

We'll keep a dark color scheme and we have no plans to do paid add-ons for the new forum. If there are add-ons for Xenforo that anyone would like to see installed after we move, you're more than welcome to suggest. We should have the Xenforo version of a chatbox ready for you at launch.

I've been using vBulletin since vB2 was originally released. I love vB3 too, but vB3 is slowly breaking over time as server software moves beyond it, vB4 is hell on server resources and they don't seem to have improved with vB5. Ever since Internet Brands bought that company and software, I've been very sad with everything they've released.

12. Pirated

Ok. Sounds good.

Also, will threads & forum sections be completely reset? What about post counts?

13. HarleyQuinn

Staff Member

Nope. No reset on threads, forum organization and post counts. All will copy over.

14. Pirated

Ok, thats good. Im guessing Rep will reset, because its a vBulletin plug in.

And please put in a replacement reputation plugin.

15. HarleyQuinn

Staff Member

Already on my list. ;)

• Like Like x 2
  16. Hunter codf

Hunter codf Super Moderator

[​IMG]

We're moving?!

17. Pirated

Nice. Did you get an addon for custom badges like the Administrator and Moderator badges?

18. Sulq

Sulq Super Moderator
    Staff Member

This is how I feel currently. It could change however.

[​IMG]

19. Junaid

Junaid Well-Known Member

I have a bad feeling about this.

20. Mjroady

Mjroady Well-Known Member

Right before I have the chance of getting a gold star? I like the forum how it is, I don't think we should change everything. The only issue I see is server overload. Also, it must have a black ops 2 zombies section, or I'm gone. I don't see why we should make a Ghosts forum, we still have 2 dlcs for BLOPS2, plus most of the vets have their own forum for that. I just don't wanna lose this place. It's so simple, and once you're going good, things stay that way. Kinda like being all set up on Zombies. Then a new map comes out, and can make or break some people's opinions on the whole thing, plus you know nothing of it at first.

• Like Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.