Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

The system requirements

Discussion in 'Z1: Battle Royale' started by Takedon, May 4, 2014.

1. Takedon

Takedon New Member

How big do you expect them to be? Have they released the sys reqs by now? I would be glad to find out that it is very well optimized, yet the graphics are astonishing as well.

2. WhiteAsh

WhiteAsh Member

I wouldn't worry about the system requirements. Forgelight engine is well optimized and if Planetside 2 is anything to go by the game will run on just about anything. A friend of mine plays it on a really old PC with a CPU from 2008 ( Intel E8400 ) another one uses an integrated AMD GPU. The game runs fine in 720p resolution. Keep in mind that H1Z1 is a free to play game, it's in developers' best interest to keep the requirements as low as possible. Also, the game has to run on PS4 too. The GPU in PS4 is OK but the CPU is essentially a laptop unit.

3. seanbisepic

seanbisepic New Member

Like WhiteAsh said before, it's most likely going to be similar to the Planetside 2 specs,
    Minimum System Requirements
    OS - Windows XP
    Processor - Intel Core 2 Duo E6850 or higher / AMD Phenom II X2 or higher
    Memory - 4 GB RAM
    Hard Drive - 15 GB free
    Video Memory - 256 MB RAM
    Video Card - nVidia GeForce 8600 series or higher / AMD or ATI 4850 series or higher
    Sound Card - DirectX compatible
    Recommended System
    OS - Windows 7
    Processor - Intel i5 processor or higher / AMD Phenom II X6 or higher
    Memory - 8 GB RAM
    Hard Drive - 15 GB free
    Video Memory - 1,024 MB RAM
    Video Card - nVidia GeForce GTX 560 series or higher / AMD HD 6870 or higher
    Sound Card - DirectX compatible

If you're going to want to play it on high, I'd probably pick up a GTX 750 Ti if you don't have something similar or more powerful already.

Since this is probably going to be more of a console port, it's probably going to be more CPU heavy than anything else. :/

4. WhiteAsh

WhiteAsh Member

@seanbisepic
    I don't think that it would be fair to call H1Z1 a console port. Sony Online Entertainment is a PC company through and through. They do publish some of their games on consoles but so does Valve. Yes, they are a part of the Sony corporation, like Sony Insurances and Sony Mobile Communications for example, but they are not a part of the PlayStation division, they are actually completely independent. Moreover, the game is going to be first released on PC, on Steam early access on the top of that.

Would it be fair to call Planetside 2 a console port just because it's getting a PS4 release two years after a debut on PC? I honestly don't think so.

5. sparkblade14

sparkblade14 Member

Yeah, probably around the PS2 specs since they're using the same engine. I do hope they optimize it better for mid-range rigs though. PS2 was/is poorly optimized and they had to dedicate like 3 months for the OMFG patch to make the game run better. I hope they won't have to do that and just make the game run smoothly from the get go.

6. Swannaz

Swannaz New Member

Based on the developers on what the game engine is I would take a look at the Planetside 2 system requirements and recommended requirements. Both games should be pretty similar in how they perform as long as it is optimized upon release. You could probably get away with anything from a GTX 650 in terms of good graphics.

7. jhigh

jhigh New Member

A lot of my friends have crappy computers (think Intel integrated graphics), and I'm pretty much the only one who has a decent graphics card. I hope the specs aren't too high, or that there are ways to really reduce graphics quality so that I can play with my friends.

8. BovBox

BovBox Member

Go on Can i run this game and it will tell you Hope to see yous in game

9. jakub089

jakub089 New Member

can i run it

my system requirments are:

Windows 8.1
    AMD A8-6500 APU 3.5Ghz 4mb cache
    Memory: 6 GB
    Graphics: AMD Radeonâ„¢ R7 240 dual graphics
    1TB storage

10. APACHE

APACHE New Member

I have a gtx 660 OC and I'm struggling with only 30 fps in pleasant. Which is shocking. Any advice?

11. Caparthia

Caparthia Member

I just ordered GTX 960, it runs so poorly on my 460. I have it at the lowest setting and in towns it lags horribly

12. THESEVENSGUY

THESEVENSGUY Guest

I run sli 660's but a single should do it. Like said above ps2 was a cpu intensive game and this is the same engine, what GHz is your processor? Mine is a i7 960 3.06 overclocked to 3.75ghz. And runs great always. I noticed a differance right away on ps2 when I did it.

13. tamashiiken

tamashiiken Member

Upgrade cpu or possibly more ram? but sevens is right about it not being gpu intensive, i have a gtx 650ti boost, and it gets more than 30fps in pleasant (i think around 50 most of the time) but i have a good cpu and 32g of ram....

14. APACHE

APACHE New Member

i have an AMD A8 5600k running at 3.6ghz

I run Battlefield 4 at 70+ frames constantly, for some reason this game is eating my fps up

15. tamashiiken

tamashiiken Member

Lol, this is a bit cpu intensive, and you have an apu, thats probably why. BF4 may be better optimised as well, since its a full release, and this game is in "early access alpha", which I assume means pre alpha, and thus not fully optimised for apu's just yet.

Also, I havent personally checked this, but here is a guide from these forums on better fps
    http://h1z1forum.com/showthread.php?p=48654#post48654

#15 tamashiiken, Jun 2, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 2, 2015
  16. APACHE

APACHE New Member

Ok well can Anyone recommend a good fm2/fm2+ processor please? Are the FX series good?

17. Caparthia

Caparthia Member

Upgrading my video card has made a tremendous difference. Think more RAM and I'm all set...plus have it at max settings

18. lskyus

lskyus Experienced Ranger

I do not think the 8600 gpu would be able to run this, Dayz is very slow using that gpu, its not a pleasant experience... anything over dual core and 4 gig of ram would be okie, anything over a 600 series or above (like you said 750 etc), would be okie... as long as you got a 1 gig gpu, 2 gigs is always nice...

19. lskyus

lskyus Experienced Ranger

Check driver issue for that one, I found the latest driver was eating my frames up like crazy, I went back to the stock card driver and that seemed to get rid of the problem...

20. DeadDude

DeadDude Member

I agree with this for system requirements