Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

The Victims of the Florida shooting

Discussion in 'Debaters' started by Sharpie61, Feb 15, 2018.

1. Sharpie61

Sharpie61 Well-Known Member

With a very heavy heart, and through my non stop tears, I share with you 12 of the 17 victims of the Florida high school shooting.

Coach Aaron Feis
    [​IMG]
    Football coach Aaron Feis was one of the first identified victims. The school's football team confirmed his death Thursday morning, saying he had died shielding students from gunfire. "He selflessly shielded students from the shooter when he was shot. He died a hero and he will forever be in our hearts and memories," the team wrote on Twitter.

Photo: Courtesy of Aaron Feis’ Facebook.

Jamie Guttenburg
    [​IMG]
    Early on Thursday, student Jaime Guttenberg's father confirmed her death on Facebook, writing, "My heart is broken. ... Hugs to all and hold your children tight."

Photo: Courtesy of Jaime Guttenberg’s Facebook.

Martin Duque
    [​IMG]
    Duque was a 14-year-old freshman. His brother Miguel confirmed his death on Instagram early Thursday. He wrote, “Words cannot describe my pain… I know you’re in a better place. Duques forever man I love you junior!!!”

Photo: Courtesy of @martini._

• Friendly Friendly x 2
  2. Sharpie61

Gina Montalto
    [​IMG]

Gina Montalto
    Montalto was a 14-year-old freshman. Friends and family confirmed her death on social media late on Wednesday. “My heart is broken into pieces. I will forever remember you my sweet angel,” Manuel Miranda, her color guard instructor, told the Miami Herald. “She was the sweetest soul ever. She was kind, caring, always smiling and wanting to help.”

Photo: Courtesy of Shawn Malone Reeder Sherlock’s Facebook.

Chris Hixon
    [​IMG]
    Hixon was the school's athletic director. On Wednesday, the Sun Sentinel reported that he had been shot. Denise Lehtio, the communications director with the school's varsity and junior varsity football program, confirmed his death to CNN. “RIP Chris Hixon,” tweeted Aaron Gonzales, a recruiting assistant for Florida Atlantic University football. “I left Douglas to take a job at a rival school. I came back to watch a lacrosse game to find Chris running the ticket gate. He shook my hand, asked how I was, let me in for free, and said, ‘Once an Eagle, always an Eagle.'”

Photo: Courtesy of Debbi Hixon’s Facebook.

Alyssa Alhadeff
    [​IMG]
    Alhadeff was a 15-year-old freshman. Her cousin Ariella Del Quaglio confirmed her death on Facebook Thursday, writing, "Many innocent souls were taken a few short hours ago. Among them we just got confirmation was my little cousin. My heart is broken."

Photo: Courtesy of Melissa Dibble’s Facebook.

Meadow Pollack
    [​IMG]
    Pollack was a senior who had been planning to attend Lynn University, according to the Miami Herald. Her father confirmed that she had died to the Palm Beach Post. Her friend Gii Lovito wrote on Facebook Thursday: “Please say a prayer for the family of an amazing girl I got to call my best friend growing up, Meadow Pollack. Her life was taken way too soon and I have no words to describe how this feels. Rest In Peace my beautiful angel. You are and forever will be loved.”

Photo: Courtesy of Robyn Maisner’s Facebook.

• Friendly Friendly x 2
  3. Sharpie61

Peter Wang
    [​IMG]
    “He wasn’t supposed to die. He was supposed to grow old with me. Please share his story,” Wang's cousin Aaron Chen told First Coast News. The 15-year-old was last seen on Wednesday wearing his gray ROTC uniform and holding a door open so others could escape, Chen told the Miami Herald.

Photo: Courtesy of Mark Moll’s Facebook.

Nicholas Dworet
    [​IMG]

Dworet was a senior who had recently received a swimming scholarship to the University of Indianapolis for the fall. "Nick's death is a reminder that we are connected to the larger world, and when tragedy hits in places around the world, it oftentimes affects us at home," Robert L. Manuel, University of Indianapolis president, told CNN. "Today, and in the coming days, I hope you will hold Nick, his family, all of the victims, as well as the Parkland community and first responders in your prayers."

Photo: Courtesy of @TSAquatics.

• Friendly Friendly x 3
  4. Sharpie61

Alaina Petty
    [​IMG]
    Petty was 14 years old. “There are no hashtags for moments like this, only sadness,” Claudette McMahon Joshi, Petty’s great aunt, told the Miami Herald. “Our hearts are with them and all the families touched by this tragedy.”

Photo: Courtesy of Claudette McMahon Joshi’s Facebook.

Carmen Schentrup
    [​IMG]
    Matt Brandow, Schentrup's cousin, confirmed her death on Facebook Thursday morning. "With a very heavy heart, my beloved cousin Carmen just passed away in the Parkland High School shooting today," he wrote. "Rest In Peace Carmen, you were the smartest and most intelligible 16-year-old I've ever met! You will be remembered forever."

Several friends mourned Schentrup on social media. “I was in the same classroom as this beautiful soul,” wrote one. “he was so bright and had her whole life ahead of her. She was someone we all praised for her intelligence.” Another wrote, "[Y]our family is forever in my thoughts and prayers. I’m so sorry."

Photo: Courtesy of @supreme._.leader.

Scott Beigel
    [​IMG]
    Beigel was a geography teacher at the high school. Kelsey Friend, one of his students, told CNN that he saved her life as he ushered students inside his classroom when the gunfire broke out. "Mr. Beigel was my hero and he still will forever be my hero. I will never forget the actions that he took for me and for fellow students in the classroom," Friend said. "I am alive today because of him."

Photo: Courtesy of Evan Scott’s Facebook.

• Friendly Friendly x 2
  5. Sharpie61

Don't know what is up with the lines through the words, but they wouldn't go away.

6. Sharpie61

Joaquin Oliver didn’t make it
    [​IMG]

Cara Loughran
    [​IMG]

Luke Hoyer
    [​IMG]

Alex Schachter
    [​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Friendly Friendly x 3
  7. Lindigo

Lindigo Well-Known Member

Their poor families and friends. This is too much wretched loss to comprehend.

Apparently fully 1/4 of stranger shootings are happening on school campuses now. I can't get my mind around that, either.

8. PepperAnn

PepperAnn Well-Known Member

I was dreading this inevitable thread. Ugh I am in tears. :(

9. Lindigo

I know. I started thinking What if this were My Child? NO NO NO The pain. I had to stop and breathe and rebalance myself.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  10. Jen7

Jen7 Well-Known Member

I can’t even imagine the pain... :(

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. GrungeMan

GrungeMan Active Member

Originally from Miami. Born and raised. Painful to know that violence is just not close to home, but now pretty much everywhere. My heart goes out to the families whose lives are forever changed by their loss and trauma.

Thank you for sharing @Sharpie61

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  12. GrungeMan

GrungeMan Active Member

This young man's heroism is truly inspiring

Any updates on his condition? I can not seem to find anything about him online.

#12 GrungeMan, Feb 16, 2018
    Last edited: Feb 16, 2018
  13. tink

tink Well-Known Member

This is just so tragic and unnecessary. I'm so tired of this happening week after week, and nothing changes, and we all send prayer and bullshit but we never do anything. WE NEVER DO ANYTHING.

It's just got to stop.

Thanks for posting this @Sharpie61 , people need to see what we've lost.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  14. Sharpie61

I’ve searched too, but can’t find anything. I had seen it on twitter, but it now seems to be removed.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Sharpie61

I have deleted the photo of Chris Williams.
    He was a football player from UCF, who was shot at a bar in Orlando, and not the school. He will be ok.
    I guess someone just wanted to bring attention to his shooting and lied about where it happened.

• Informative Informative x 1
  16. GrungeMan

GrungeMan Active Member

Thanks for that update! It's crazy someone would lie about that.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Sharpie61

From what our news said, he is a good kid, and was shot twice in the arm while trying to get away. But the tweet with his picture was in the thread with the victims of of the shooting. It was probably removed, which is why I couldn’t find it again.

On a good note, all but one victim has been released from the hospital.

• Like Like x 1
  18. tink

tink Well-Known Member

• Like Like x 1
  19. Morgotha

Morgotha Well-Known Member

• Like Like x 2
  20. Lindigo