Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

The Walking Dead Game

Discussion in 'The Walking Dead Games' started by clone, Apr 25, 2012.

1. HondaS2kXD

HondaS2kXD Well-Known Member

Kirkman is working with a company called Overkill (i think) on an open world fps based in the walking dead universe-- near DC.

2. HondaS2kXD

I too found episode one a bit slow. And episode 2, but that's because somebody spoiled it for me. Episode 3-on are absolutely epic. And brutal.

Like batmanshooker said, for the most part, the game will flow in one direction regardless of your choices. Basically, for the most part, you don't effect who lives and who dies so much as you effect "when" who dies and how much of an impact it has on you. There are exceptions, of course. At the end of season2, depending on your choices, there are 5 or 6 dramatically different endings with 3 different sets of survivors.

3. MCHLondon

MCHLondon New Member

Interesting! Thanks. I'm glad I've got something better coming up in episode 3, I had kind of put it to one side and picked up Portal. But alas I shall return to it.

4. MCHLondon

MCHLondon New Member

I kind of had a feeling it was like that. I've heard it's going to pick up though once I reach episode 3.

5. DietWater

DietWater Well-Known Member

Boo. FPS's are lame.

Btw you need to beat me into playing the game. I haven't played since my last session. I think I'm at the part where I need to get medicine for that old fart.

6. BatmansHooker

BatmansHooker Well-Known Member

Episode 1 is kind of the slowest. IMO episode 2 is where things really take off, that's where I got hooked. There's a lot of conflict and twists in that one, and some really tough choices to make about your own morality and what you want for Clementine.

Action is scarce, but the story is phenomenal.

7. BatmansHooker

Yikes. Might give that one a miss, I hate FPS. But then again, isn't this the game that some of us are speculating to bring backstory to a certain character? Aaaahhhhhh.

The Walking Dead would be perfect for a game in a similar style to The Last of Us. A third person game where stealth is heavily used to get past zombies and enemies, little ammo, and scavenging is necessary for supplies (health kits, ammo, etc).

8. HondaS2kXD

Idk if fps is really the right word. It's a first person rpg open world strategy game. Lol. So, FPRPGOWS lol.

I'm not really an fps guy either. I mean, I like battlefield and destiny, but not really crazy about most of them. I'm primarily a racer.

dooood! You need to play it! Like I said, ep1 is a little slow, but from then on it really picks up. Some really crazy shit happens. Nothing is off limits. lol. Like, in episode 3 where Clementine turns and you don't even know she was bitten. Brutal. Amirite, [MENTION=5424]BatmansHooker[/MENTION]?

9. TheViper

TheViper Member

Never really understood why some people disliked Tell Tales The Walking Dead game. You do actually have a choice and that choice is the dialogue and some actions. It is a story driven game with minimum real time action needed. I've come to appreciate the story and characters of both seasons. I would even say that Season Two was better than Season One for the most part.

10. Scottie Futch

Scottie Futch New Member

I didn't even know this game existed! I tend to blame my chronic lack of gaming PC goodness. I have a computer, it just doesn't allow for much gaming online. So, Tell Tale games...TWD. I must look into this!

11. HondaS2kXD

Do it. They're awesome.

12. DietWater

Do it so [MENTION=39001]HondaS2kXD[/MENTION] can make his commission!

13. HondaS2kXD

Agreed. You gotta pick it back up, dude. It really gives you a new perspective-- having to make decisions yourself rather than just watching the characters on TV make them. And (very soon) some of those decisions will decide who lives and who dies.

14. DietWater

Maybe I can spend an hour or two tonight, but I got some homework and stuff I gotta finish!

15. mauricioq

mauricioq New Member

Really?! That sounds awesome! I will definitely play that! And if it's based on the walking dead will we be able to play as Rick, for example?

16. BatmansHooker

I can't believe you chose to let Clementine turn after she got bit. I was kind enough to put her down, at least. You heartless monster. :"(

17. HondaS2kXD

I didn't know she was bitten. I went from "falling asleep on the couch in the rv" to "HOLY F*CKING SHITBALLS!" in zero seconds flat.

18. HondaS2kXD

It's supposedly set in DC, so we could potentially get backstory on some characters we haven't met on TV yet. Personally, I hope it's like the telltale game-- mostly original characters, but you occasionally come across comic characters.

19. DietWater

All these spoilers....

[​IMG]

20. BatmansHooker

Yet you still let Ben kill her for you!!!! :""""(