Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

The Walking Dead Japan FIRST DRAFT

Discussion in 'The Walking Dead Fan Fiction' started by Taeyeon'sBF, Oct 10, 2016.

1. Taeyeon'sBF

Taeyeon'sBF Well-Known Member

Okay so story time kiddies. I started this in late 2014, and due to my general disgust with the pacing and world building, I stopped writing it, thus it stops in the middle of the story.
    I am about to show you the rough first draft, and it generally follows some beats that my current series does, but has different names and events.
    So....here you go.
    Pt. 1/2 ( I think)
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Chapter 1: Turned
    Jinto woke up, his mouth dry as an old sponge. He fumbled around for his water bottle, only to find it empty.
    “Fine” He murmured sleepily. Before he could move, his alarm clock, with its bright red numbers uttered a shrill BEEP, shaking him out of his daze.
    Work was not what he was looking forward to. It was Hyunla, a South Korean transfer student he had taken a deep liking to, mostly due to her doe-like eyes, long silky black hair with several purple and green highlights, and a body he could only see in his dreams. He wiped the jellied saliva from his mouth, and got dressed, grabbed a rice cake for breakfast and took off. He waved as he was leaving to his buddy, Takanimi, a portly man with a perpetual smile on his bearded face.
    “Takanimi, how’s the vegetable garden doing?”
    Takanimi shrugged “If it was alive, I could tell you” he huffed with a chuckle. “Still, I might be able to save the cucumbers. Interested in a few?”
    Jinto grinned “You bet!” He waved and then took off to work. Halfway there, he noticed he had forgotten to brush his teeth. He felt his teeth with his tongue, swearing he could feel fur popping out.
    He stopped at a gas station, the local Yum n’ Pump, and grabbed some minty gum. As he stuffed the gum in his vest, he heard a trash can crash to the ground from the alley behind him. Jinto ears perked up, and heard scuffling. Then, silence. He cocked his head and slowly made his way to the alley. The Yum n’ Pump owner popped his head out, a balding man with crooked teeth and coke bottle glasses. “Be careful, a few bums live back there, stealing all my boxes”. Jinto poked his head around the corner, and saw a man in business clothing over what appeared to be a dead dog. Only…he wasn’t just kneeling over it. His hands were inside it, tearing out large chunks of intestines and skin, then stuffing it in his mouth. Jinto gasped and suddenly his knees gave way, resulting in him landing on the wet pavement. The man turned, and saw Jinto.
    The man’s eyes were deep grey, his skin color an off pink, stained with the dog blood. Jinto noticed what appeared to be a bite mark on his arm, only it wasn’t a dog’s. The man let out a throaty rasp, and with corkscrewed legs stumbled toward Jinto. Jinto backed up, frantically yelling “Stop! Someone call the police!” The man grabbed Jinto, and pulled his arm towards his dog meat filled mouth. Jinto, remembering how to use his limbs, kicked the man in the knee, causing the man to lose his balance. Jinto ran into the store, and screamed “HELP!”
    The store owner noticed Jinto covered in dog blood. “What is this-?” He then saw the man who had stumbled into the shop after Jinto. The owner ran up to him, furious “What are you doing with that all over you, you bum? Get out of-“
    His rant was cut short when the man sank his teeth into the owner’s arm. The owner screamed and collapsed, cradling his bleeding arm. Jinto ran to the auto repair section, grabbed a screwdriver, tore open the packaging and held it in a defensive state. “Stop I will hurt you!!” The man snarled and reached for Jinto, only to get stabbed in the heart. The man stopped and looked at the now buried screwdriver and began again to try and reach Jinto. Jinto had backed himself into the cold drinks section, and felt the cold, glass door touch the backs of his arms. He closed his eyes. The man was about to grab him when a loud gunshot rang in the air. The shot had hit the man in the sternum, stunning him. Jinto dodged him and ran to the front of the shop. He looked at who had fired the shot.
    Takanimi!
    Takanimi noticed Jinto and barked “Get behind the counter!”
    Jinto jumped behind the counter, and huddled next to the now unconscious owner. He looked over the counter to see Takanimi shot the man again in the heart, again, doing no harm to the man. Jinto then had an idea.
    “The head! Shoot him in the head!” he yelled.
    Takanimi did just that, and emptied a round into the man’s skull. A burst of blood and brains spattered on the candy bar display behind him, and at last the man collapsed. Jinto buried his face in the hands in exhaustion. Takanimi put a warm, fat hand on his shoulder, “you alright, neighbor?” he huffed.
    Jinto nodded.
    Takanimi then noticed the owner. “Was he bit?”
    Jinto again nodded.
    Takanimi then felt for a pulse. He didn’t find one. “Poor fellow” he huffed sadly. He then aimed his gun at the owner’s head, and pulled the trigger.
    =+=
    “Name, age and occupation”
    Jinto blinked, still in shock. “Um…Kitayama Jinto. Age…24. Occupation…foreign student admin officer. Tokyo University.”
    The officer handed him a moist towel. “Here. You have a spot on your cheek.”
    Jinto slightly bowed, and accepted the towel. “Officer... what was that man under?” The officer raised an eyebrow. “Possibly bath salts. They do it in the US, so why not here?” he said with a scoff. He tapped his cigarette out.
    Jinto nodded once, stood up and straightened his vest. “Am I free to go?” The officer nodded and thumbed the way out.

Jinto sat in the chair the office provided him. A deep office chair, with soft, rich leather that Jinto had practically begged for. He didn’t feel the chair. He didn’t feel anything. He stared at the wall, still hearing the raspy growls the man uttered. It sounded like he was in the office with him. Ryan Deese, an American with thick blonde hair and an athletic build, plopped next to him, sipping on a Kool-Chill Cola.
    “You alright?”* *Translation
    Jinto nodded and tried to practice his English “I good, yes…just...long day”. Ryan laughed and slipped into Japanese, “I can tell when you aren’t, man, and you are in a spell”
    Jinto shook his head “Just thinking about Hyunla” he lied. Ryan laughed “Hyunla? You mean the girl with the body that would make SNSD jealous?”
    Jinto nodded “Think she might say yes if I asked her out?”
    Ryan smiled, pondered a bit, and then responded with “Yeah. She is a sweet girl. Just don’t ask her out with that on your face, man” pointing to a droplet of blood. Jinto nodded and scraped the blood off of his temple.
    The day ended, and Jinto noticed Hyunla packing her pig shaped backpack. He made his way to her, and coughed awkwardly. Hyunla noticed and smiled, a girlish grin breaking out across her goddess-like face. She brushed a purple highlight aside “Oh hi Jinto!” Jinto gulped “Um hi. I was wondering…maybe if you aren’t busy you could go grab a drink with me tomorrow night?” Tomorrow night? Jinto you fool he angrily thought to himself. Hyunla noticed his nervousness, and cooed “I would love to. Maybe we could go to Club Neon?” Jinto nodded. “Y-yeah sure!” he gave a thumb up. “Pick you up from here after the slave master leaves?”
    Hyunla laughed “Of course! See you then!” She turned and walked out of the building.
    Jinto admired the view, and then went home. He noticed on his doorstep a cucumber with a note on it:
    See me. ~T
    He knew the handwriting.
    He knocked on the door to Takanimi’s house. His wife, an older but kindly woman with glasses greeted him. “Jinto, right? My darling husband speaks so highly of you!” Jinto bowed politely and responded “Yes ma’am. Is he home?” The wife pointed up the stairs.
    Jinto made his way up there, and heard “Shut the door please”. He did just that, and sat down on a stool. The room was dark, with only the city lights illuminating the room. “Takanimi…why did you shoot that man in the head? The store owner?”
    Takanimi looked out the window, grimly. “Because”

“Because why? You shot a dying man!” Jinto hissed.
    Takanimi gulped down a swig of Soju, and sighed. “Because he would have turned” He poured himself another shot.

Chapter 2: Too Late Early

Jinto blinked. “…Turned?”
    “Turned.” Takanimi gruffly replied. He passed the bottle of Soju to Jinto, who took a small sip. “Started in Washington. People dying and…” he stopped midway, his hand shaking whilst attempting to down his glass of alcohol.

“…coming back” Jinto finished. He pursed his lips. “That…thing was not alive, was he?”
    “No. It was a monster”. Another shot of Soju was poured into Takanimi’s glass. “It’s all over the internet. In LA, a highway was blocked because of one of these things. Took an entire clip to the chest, didn’t even flinch” Jinto eyes widened.
    “So…it’s a plague?” Jinto pondered.
    “No one knows. Not even the Health Minister. It’s all very hush-hush at the moment. Too many people would take advantage of this. Start looting, raping, murdering. It would destroy us. It WILL destroy us, Jinto” Takanimi threw the glass on the floor. “As a policeman, I am supposed to stop the ending of lives. This is something I just can’t arrest” Takanimi began to sob.
    “But…maybe its isolated. You know how poorly the Americans handle these viruses.” Jinto put his arm around Takanimi’s wide back. “Whatever will happen, we can survive this. We survived the bombs, after all”
    Takanimi smiled depressively. “Unlike the bombs, my friend…we won’t be able to rebuild after this. Sure, we could quarantine the sick, but what about people like that bum? They will scurry off like roaches, die, and bite others. It is unstoppable.”
    Jinto patted his neighbor on the back. He sat up and began to leave, then stopped. “Why tell me?”
    Takanimi stood up and wiped his nose. “Because unlike those vultures who print tabloids…you saw one.”
    That night, Jinto barely slept. He found the video Takanimi had spoken about. The man walked towards the first response crew, snapping and snarling. An officer shot him in the chest, not even phasing it. Several more shots struck to the same effect. He noticed a comment on the video, linking what was rumored to be the “EXTENDED CUT”. He clicked the link. The video showed the last 10 seconds of footage. An officer, after having shot the man several times, finally aimed for the head, bringing the man down.
    Jinto chomped down on his rice cake. “So it’s the head?”
    The work day passed, and he changed into his nicest clothes at home. He sprayed some imported cologne on his collar, and grabbed his car keys. Before leaving, he paused. He looked down on the table next to the door, and saw his punch spike his father had given him. “Better safe than dead” He muttered. He took the spike and stuffed it in his pants pocket.

Club Neon. A stylish chrome, gold and steel 2 story building, accentuated with swirled neon lettering. Two large tubes with “CLUB NEON” were outside the doors. Jinto buttoned his cuff, and entered. The whole club was shimmering and oscillating with color and light. Jinto’s ears were hit with techno-trance, voiced over by heavily synthesized lyrics. The smell of alcohol, body sweat and cheap cologne filled his narrow nostrils. He glanced around, and spotted Hyunla, checking her phone. He snuck up to her, and tapped her once on her exposed shoulder. She turned and giggled “Oh Jinto!” He eyed her up and down. Hyunla’s small, yet perfect body was wrapped in a black and red dress, exposing her shoulders, legs and the sides of her stomach. She smiled. “You approve?” she cooed coyly. Jinto nodded awkwardly. She held out a hand and winked “Shall we?” He took her hand, and they went into the heart of the club.
    Jinto and Hyunla made their way to the center of the stage, the song “Genie” by SNSD just beginning to play. Jinto noticed Hyunla eyeing him the entire time. He tried to not let his heart jump out of his throat. A delicate hand brushed his cheek. “Hey there…Let’s dance” He turned to find Hyunla close her eyes and begin to dance. He took her hand and began to join her. She moved her way to him, her eyes never unlocking from him. The stage lights shimmered and then focused on them. Hyunla ran her pale hand thru his thick, black hair. Jinto smoothly ran his hand down her sides. She bit her lip, and winked again. She pulled herself close to him and whispered in his ear “You know, I was going to ask you out before you asked me?” Jinto blinked dumbly. She wrapped her hand around the back of his neck, Jinto cupping her chin in his. They closed their eyes as they moved closer to each other, their magnetism sparking.

“HELP ME!!” A loud shriek cried. A Go-Go dancer in skimpy clothes ran onto the stage, her arm gushing blood. The dance floor erupted into chaos, as the dancing teens recoiled in horror. Jinto stood in front of Hyunla and pulled out his punch spike. The Go-Go dancer grabbed Jinto and cried “It will kill you!” before collapsing. The two of them looked up to find another Go-Go dancer, covered blood with the same grey eyes as the man’s shambling towards them. Jinto raised the spike. “Get her out of here Hyunla!” he barked. Hyunla grabbed the dancer and began to get her to safety. Jinto kicked the undead dancer in the shin, causing it to fall. Jinto pinned her and raised the spike. Police and club security filled the room. “GET AWAY FROM THAT THING, SIR!!” one screamed. Jinto yelled and slammed the spike into the dancer’s temple. The thing stopped snarling and writhing, having finally been put down. Jinto looked at a horrified Hyunla.
    “He knows what to do” a policeman gasped.
    Takanimi arrived and made his way thru, seeing Jinto. “Now you know…” He sighed.
    A policeman replied “It’s still a small population tha-“
    “No” Jinto stopped him. He came up to Hyunla and felt her cheek. A fearful tear ran down her face. Jinto hugged her.
    Takanimi walked over to the body, and looked at the small crowd. “It’s too late early. It’s the end.”
    Jinto never let go of Hyunla, his punch spike dripping blood still.

Chapter 3: Emergency Broadcast is Underway
    Jinto and Hyunla sat, huddled on his couch. Both were in shock. Both had seen something they would have never thought of ever seeing. Hyunla curled closer to Jinto. “What is happening? What was that demon?” Jinto wiped a tear away from her cheek. “It was a turned corpse…it used to be alive”. Hyunla gripped his shirt tighter “Will…will that happen to us?” Jinto ran his hand through her silky hair, toying with a highlight. “No…because I will not let that happen. I promise”
    =+=
    “So doctor, is it like the others?” Chief Haruguchi asked.
    Medical inspector Ichigumi, a slender woman with a single grey streak through her jet black hair, pulled her mask down. “Yes…she was previously bit here.” She pointed to a bit mark on the dancer’s arm. “This is not what killed her. The loss of blood”.
    Haraguchi cocked his head. “Then what was it?”
    “Bacterial infection. Whatever is causing this is triggered heavily by a bite from a dead one. She burned with a fever, then had vomiting spells, then…” She paused. “Then she died” she pointed to the straps on the table. “These will restrain her when she turns”
    “You mean if, I am guessing doctor?” Haraguchi asked.
    “No…I mean when” Ichigumi corrected. “None of the bites led to a non-turn” She heard a light gurgle.
    The body twitched. The eyes opened, the previously green eyes now a dull grey. The dancer snapped and snarled. Haraguchi pulled his handgun out. The doctor held out a hand “Wait.”
    She took a medical skull power saw, and sliced off skull cap. She pulled it off, and exposed the brain. The previously pink brain was now black, with ivory white veins pulsing through it. “There is still activity?!” The doctor gasped. She took a scalpel and sliced a small portion out. “I need to have this analyzed. This is as fresh as a sample can be.” The police chief interjected “What about this?”
    The doctor pressed a button on the wall. “It won’t be your concern anymore”
    “What does that mean?” the chief demanded.
    “You will see soon.” The doctor replied. She left the room, and in came a man with black suit and a handgun.
    “Who are you?” the chief asked,
    “Cleaning crew” the man answered. He then raised his gun and fired.
    =+=
    Hyunla awoke. Her dress lay on the floor beside the bed. Jinto was still asleep. She, without putting it back on, made her way to the living room. She grabbed her cell phone and checked the news. It was chaos.
    “Club Neon attacked by mysterious terror!” one outlet reported.
    “Mexico closing borders due to unknown infection” another read.
    “Japan next?” a third asked.
    Finally, “Bites lead to deaths?” a fourth one read. Hyunla dialed a number. “Hello, mom?*” translated from Korean.
    There was no answer. She dialed another number. “Dad?” No answer.
    She dialed a final number “Seo Chun, please pick up brother!” she cried. No one picked up. She quietly put her phone down. She then burst into tears.
    Jinot had heard her calling, and walked up behind her. He wrapped a blanket around her. “I cannot get my dad in the states either.” He softly told her.
    Hyunla cried even harder “He had to go to the USA as a kid. Went with my grandma.” She wiped a tear off “So stupid”

2. Taeyeon'sBF

Taeyeon'sBF Well-Known Member

PT. 2/2

“What is his American name? Yours is Maddy…so?” Jinto questioned.
    Hyunla sniffed. “Rhee Seo Chun…or Glenn” she responded.
    Jinto kissed her on her cheek. “I am sure Glenn is fine.”
    “I hope so…always so headstrong. Doesn’t even speak Korean all that well” She said with a small laugh.
    =+=
    Doctor Ichigumi handed the man a notepad.
    “This woman was in direct contact with a dead one.” She grimly explained.
    The man grabbed the notepad with a heavily tattooed hand. He took a drag from a cigarette. “Was she bit?”
    “No. But she is infected. Cannot risk the infection spreading.”
    “LA is already in shambles. My father-“
    “I don’t care” Ichigumi interrupted. “Find her, and put her down before she infects anyone else.”
    She walked back into the hospital. The man noticed on the TV’s in the nearby electronic shop’s windows: “An Emergency Broadcast is Underway. Please Stand by.” He flipped the page and looked at the woman. He then read the name.
    “Rhee Hyunla.” He folded the page in his pocket. He took a final drag, and stepped on the butt.

CHAPTER 4: Infected Confirmed
    Jinto heard the hard thuds against his door. Knocks maybe. His head still groggy, he made his way to the door. Hyunla was still asleep. They had gone back to bed after Jinto comforted her, & he wasn’t expecting any visitors. He opened the door, and found a policeman, backed by a small SWAT team, their guns aimed at him.

“SIR!” one policeman barked, “ARE YOU INFECTED?”
    “N-no. I don’t think so” Jinto stumbled. “What’s going on?”
    The policeman looked at the head SWAT leader. “Infected confirmed. Come with us, sir.” Before Jinto could move he was cuffed and jerked out of the door. Hyunla rushed down the steps and raised her fists “WHO are you?” she demanded.
    The policeman raised an arm “Hold fire!” he ordered to the SWAT team.
    Hyunla saw Jinto and attempted to go after him, only to be slammed onto the ground and cuffed.
    A bright flash of light awoke her. The sound of other angry citizens filled the building. It was the nearby Hoshiku High School, now filled with people held against their wills.
    She glanced around the large room. “JINTO!” she yelled. No one responded.
    She turned and a large man with a greasy beard threw her against the chain link fence, walling off the sections filled with people. “You are a pretty one!” he hissed. He grabbed the closure of her dress “no one cares what happens now!” he tore the dress, revealing her bra. Before he could reach, a PLINK was heard. The man let her go and grabbed his chest. Blood streamed from his wound. “Bas-“he gurgled. Hyunla turned to see the assassin. A man, tall, handsome with chiseled features and a dragon tattoo around his neck was opening the gate. He gently brushed her aside, and shot the man in the head. Hyunla gasped. “MURDERER!” she cried. The man grabbed her arm “Would you have preferred him raping you?” he replied calmly. Hyunla shook her head.
    The man holstered his gun. “Ronin” he replied. “Hyunla” the latter replied. She cocked her head “Masterless Samurai?” she questioned.
    Ronin looked away. “That’s what happens when your father is a high ranking Yakuza member…and doesn’t obey” he brushed dust off his pristine suit. “You become alone”
    Hyunla gulped “Why did you do save me?”
    Ronin smirked. “Actually, I was hired to kill you…but I won’t”
    Hyunla backed against the fence. “Why?”
    “Because your death would not help us. Japan is dying” he looked at the sea of people, all staring at him. “Whatever this is, it is going to end us as a species. We die, we come back. America…England…Korea…all gone. Dead. We are the last of society to die” his lip twisted, “And Japan won’t die like the others” he turned to her. “The Yakuza and the government are working to cleanse any infected. It won’t work. No matter how you die, you come back. And only the lucky few will be in the hell this world will become. But…” he paused.
    Hyunla approached him, covering her exposed bra “but what?”
    Ronin straightened up “We can escape. We can survive. We will” he grasped her hand. “I will free your lover…and his neighbor. We will escape”
    He unlocked the cell door. Hyunla stopped him before he left “why are you doing this? Why save us?”
    “Because…” Ronin coldly replied, “I want to have a piece of my soul left, before we all become the walking dead”
    =+=
    Jinto was strapped to a table. A bright surgery light was above him. The smell of sterilizer and blood filled his nostrils. “HELLO?” he yelled. A woman walked in. Tall, beautiful and fitted in a tight black dress, she walked over to him. “Infected” she muttered.
    “INFECTED?” Jinto gasped. “But…”
    “You killed one of them. You touched one of them. You are infected. You will die and turn.” She pulled a knife from the table. “So…to save Japan, we need a fresh brain sample from one.”
    Jinto frowned “But I am not dead ye-“ he stopped. “You are going to murder me.”
    She nodded. “To save Japan. To save the world” She petted his temple. “It will be painless” she cooed. She touched the knife on his throat.
    Jinto faintly hissed “Please…” A tear ran down his face. “Tell Hyunla…I died helping Japan”
    The woman paused. She bit her lip and squeezed her eyes shut. “No…”
    Another woman entered the room. “Doctor Usanagi, is there an issue?”
    Usanagi turned sharply “Yes, Ichigumi…I won’t keep murdering our own people.” She slipped the knife to Jinto’s hand. He began rubbing it against the leather.
    Ichigumi pulled out a handgun from her coat “You are being a threat to the safety of Japan. I am not going to allow you to go soft on me. Now, kill this man, make him turn, so we can-“ Jinto tore the strap and slashed the other straps. Ichigumi ran to make a call, but was stopped by Usanagi. The two fought clumsily, and the gun was shoved in Jinto’s direction. He grabbed the gun shouted “ENOUGH”. He held the gun between the two of them. Ichigumi smirked, “Might as well shoot her, she is willing to kill our nation for feelings. Japan is being poisoned. And you can help her.” Jinto shook his head.
    “How?”
    Ichigumi smiled warmly “We are trying to determine what this virus is. What can kill it. Freshly turned brain samples are needed, to determine what can and will work. If we can save Japan, we can outlast the other countries, now crawling with the undead. The….Shitai.” She motioned with her hands “Usanagi is soft. Sure, she can do the work, but remember what went into building this nation? Blood, sweat and tears. Hard work and sacrifice. All these people, mere sacrifices on the road to a future Japan. Acceptable losses, really” Jinto nodded slowly.
    “I get it. I do…” Jinto lowered the gun. “In order to make a new way of life, the old must be torn down. People must die.” He looked Ichigumi in the eye. “But…you are wrong. People are going to die. But not from blind eyes ignoring development. From the Shitai. We will end up fighting the dead and other people. Japan is going to end like every other nation…in shambles. In the end…whether I die here, my brain used for a fruitless cause, or by a random killer, it should be up to ME. So I understand what you are saying, Doctor.” He eyed the gun, feeling the weight. “People do need to be sacrificed. Death needs to occur for life to blossom. Will Japan be around to see the blossoming? Yes, I am sure of it. But…” He looked at Usanagi in the eye “…You won’t see that happen” A PLINK shot through the room. Ichigumi’s corpse fell with a thud on the floor. Jinto looked towards the door. Ronin lowered his gun. He glanced at Usanagi.
    “She saved me…” Jinto cautiously explained.
    Ronin eyed her. “Works for me. Jinto, right?”
    Jinto nodded. “Yes…who are you?”
    Ronin smiled “Your girlfriend sent me. Hurry” He glanced at Usanagi “come with me too” Before leaving with the two of them, Ronin grabbed a lab coat, for Hyunla to cover herself with.
    ======================================================

And there is where it ends. [MENTION=59101]RickyGrimes[/MENTION] @ Apollonia here is what I meant.