Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

third person call of duty

Discussion in 'Call of Duty & FPS News and Discussion' started by BlackOps, Feb 7, 2014.

1. BlackOps

BlackOps Active Member

i was reading an article recently about sledgehammer games and the developers and it said that after leaving ea they joined activision and started working on a third person call of duty game. it was going well but then west and zampella were fired and they went to work on mw3. i was just wondering if anyone thinks it would be a possiblity that sledgehammer would revive the idea of a third person call of duty. im not too sure because after the fail that ghosts was, cod is going to have to do something great as a comeback and i doubt activision would take the risk.

2. PSIII

PSIII The Real West Don. (Super Moderator)
    Staff Member

A third person military shooter would lean more toward a tactical experience. It's more focused and would not generate as much sales as a regular first person shooter.

MW2 has/had a third person game mode. It was quite fun.

3. Scuba Steve

Scuba Steve Active Member

With character customization, you would have thought they would have brought back the 3rd person view. Might work as a view option. Kind of like a pseudo FOV slider. Could benefit shielding as you can see how well your body would be covered.

4. kaitheteen

kaitheteen Member

I don't think a third-person view would benefit sales at all for COD games. COD games are known as an First-Person Shooter and also very competitive. I don't think a third-person shooter would be as competitive PvP-wise compared to a first-person shooter.