Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

This Ending Almost Got Chosen for the MSF

Discussion in 'Episode 508 - Coda' started by hansonhowell, Dec 3, 2014.

1. ImDrunk

ImDrunk Member

2. Morgotha

Morgotha Well-Known Member

I laughed harder at this than I did at the original post! Wait... was the original post supposed to be funny?

3. zombiemom62

zombiemom62 Well-Known Member

That last line of yours caught my attention
    Then, after the credits, the camera went back to the grave and her hand shot up out of the ground signaling that she had reanimated.
    obviously you've become susceptible to Tumblr's team delusional theories, and are going to float this as the lead in to Beth not being reanimated but digging her way out of her grave and only being wounded, then Beth crawls back to Grady where the good doctor fixes the hole in her head with silly putty and a band-aid and sends her on her way, only to meet up with Morgan and find the rest of team prison.

4. HondaS2kXD

HondaS2kXD Well-Known Member

Well, obviously. The cliffhanger for the msf is Beth's hand shooting up out of the dirt. This is supposed to make the audience think she has reanimated as a zombie. But then in the season finale, Pete is about to kill Rick but at the last second a gunshot rings out and a bullet tears through pete's throat, comic Shane style. And when he falls to the ground, the camera is at the perfect angle to reveal that it was Beth who fired the shot. Then we learn about her recovery and rehabilitation through the whole of 6a-- 601 would be about the surgery to repair her head. 602 is her just laying there in a coma while everyone else watches on and various machines go beep. 603 is her waking up from the coma and speaking her first slurred sentence, the only intelligible words of which are, "damn scissors." 604 is the beginning of her rehabilitation-- learning to crawl and her speech becoming easier to understand. By 605 she is able to walk up to 30 yards at a time and can speak clearly, but doesn't have the energy to sing again. 606 is her training with weapons and becoming a killing machine-- set to several songs sung by herself. 607 is her trip to the north with her using only Daryl's tracking teachings to find the group. 608 replays the issues of 516, but with Beth's own actions cut in so it's all chronological again. She also narrates it in her new badass daryl-y voice.

5. zombiemom62

But what the heck happened to Morgan? Oh, never mind, Beth obviously doesn't need him to get back anyway.:p

6. HondaS2kXD

Oops. I forgot. Sorry. Lazy writing.

Morgan watches her hand poke up out of the dirt and he places a spoon in her hand which she uses to dig herself out. He then leaves her-- the harshest but most powerful way to teach her to survive on her own. He then catches up with the group at the ASZ about a week or two after they arrive. When she finally catches up and saves Rick's life Morgan smiles-- proud that he secretly knows he's part of the reason she was able to develop the necessary skills to make it on her own.

7. zombiemom62

[​IMG]
    Oh where, oh where were you when Coda was being written? If only... >sigh<

8. HondaS2kXD

I was probably in southwestern Pennsylvania. If I had to be specific, I was most likely in the mount pleasant or latrobe area. If I had to guess at the exact moment, I was most likely putting some silly stickers on my car in mount pleasant, near the high school. Why do you ask?

9. ltomlinson31

ltomlinson31 Well-Known Member

Why were you near the high school?

10. HondaS2kXD

I live in mount pleasant near the high school. Lol.

11. zombiemom62

obviously you needed to be sneaking into the writers' room at night fixing the script. lol

12. HondaS2kXD

Well, hindsight's 20/20. Unless you're looking through a kaleidoscope. In which case, it's still pretty funky.

btw I spelled kaleidoscope right on the first try. I'm so proud. Lol

13. zombiemom62

you should be, I thank God for spell check evryday!

14. westwingnut

westwingnut Well-Known Member

Where this thread is concerned I think the correct spelling is kaleiduhscope.

15. lee7189

lee7189 Member

Wait. Daryl was distraught AND upset?

16. Prufrock

Prufrock Well-Known Member

17. Morgotha

Morgotha Well-Known Member

First, let me say that I'm impressed with your reading comprehension and focus. I glazed out after about the first paragraph and skimmed the rest! Anyway, in reviewing the post, I think it was just a grammatical mistake (a forgotten comma) on the poster's part. It should have read:

"The other cops saw the lack of shield from Carol and pointed their guns at her, ready to shoot. Before they could, Beth jumped in front of Carol and took the bullets. They both fell flat on the floor with Beth lying over Carol, protecting her. Daryl was distraught*,* and upset at Beth being shot and fired all his bullets at the other cops, killing all of them instantly."

See, what she meant was that Daryl was distraught that Beth was protecting Carol, and was also upset that Beth got shot. Two different sentiments entirely -- but then Daryl is an emotionally aware man.

18. PeteAtomic

PeteAtomic Member

amazed that an anonymous poster on a public forum can write a much more sensible and believable MSF than the writing staff of TWD

19. shanewalking

shanewalking Well-Known Member

I didn't even bother to read it, lol

20. tink

tink Well-Known Member

Please provide a link, I would like to read that. The one written by the OP in this thread was awful.