Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Three things that just irritated me.

Discussion in 'Episode 515 - Try' started by Morgotha, Mar 22, 2015.

1. Morgotha

Morgotha Well-Known Member

1. I'm sick of Noah. The guy was just picked up by a group that's been together forever, and EVERY SINGLE PERSON that has any dialog whatsoever had something profound that Noah taught them. Enough already.

2. What is it with TWD and retro technology? Michonne's clock radio is a flip-type? Something that hasn't been used since the 70's, and is in a brand new house? Quit it already, twd. Buy a few new cars, and some cheap electronics, and quit trying to make some weird point.

3. So Deanna is using candles at night because power's so scarce, but Jessie uses an AUTOMATIC GARAGE DOOR OPENER?

• Funny Funny x 1
  2. ancor288

ancor288 Member

# 1 thing that annoyed me...

That the lady playing Jessie is a horrible fake crier. Gosh her tears were so unauthentic! Shame on her!

• Like Like x 1
  3. Rapscallion

Rapscallion Well-Known Member

3. I think Deanna is trying to set an example, but when her back is turned, everyone says, "Screw this, I'll use electricity".

4. Neuropyramidal

Neuropyramidal Well-Known Member

I agree, this is probably the point they are conveying, but in reality those solar panels wouldn't even allow these things. Garage door openers, everyone using their oven, everyone with a refrigerator.... You'd need probably somewhere around an acre or two of solar panels to support this kind of thing for a community of 45 people. They have six 5x10 foot panels.

5. JMac

JMac Member

I don't know sometimes when I just wanna relax I use candles, she obviously has power she played the nine inch nails song (which I thot was awesome) but I didn't get the impression she was doing it to save power- but to maybe relax...

6. Steppin' Razor

They weren't playing that to relax..

7. Pogo the Possum

Pogo the Possum Active Member

Flip-clock some kind of "Groundhog Day" ref. Same time.

8. Morgotha

Same time as groundhog day? Really?

9. JMac

JMac Member

Well maybe relax wasn't the right word.. I was just saying, I use candles sometimes instead of the lights. I don't think its uncommon to use em. More important how did they get there power back on? I'm not trying to be nit picky- I really didn't get the impression in that scene w/deanna that she was trying to save power- but also last week Sam said his house didn't have power either. I didn't see Eugene grab a whole bunch of those converters or whatever they found before carrying Tara out. I thot they didn't grab any!? So how they fixed it- is kinda a mystery. Maybe it isn't completely broken? They just have to use less.. I don't know?? I really don't. My point was just that scene w/the candles made sense to me, using the candles maybe not to relax, or chill, but its not uncommon. Jessie shut the garage door I think too to make a point.
    I don't know.

10. Al Davis is back

1. Walkers are attracted to the walls even though they cant see in and no one is making a lot of noise. Then when they do make noise, they don't see to come in bunches.

2. Carl striking out. Give the kid some action.

11. Morgotha

Eugene surprised me when he took ONE. I mean, after making sure of the contents, why not take the whole BOX of them?

12. VickGrimes

VickGrimes Well-Known Member

I was under the impression they were using candles as part of their period of mourning Aiden. It looked like it was just setting a calm scene for them to listen to the last songs that Aiden heard before he died. I don't think it had anything to do with trying to conserve electricity.

#12 VickGrimes, Mar 23, 2015
    Last edited: Mar 23, 2015
  13. filthyastronaut

How much energy do automatic garage door openers even use? It seems to me that it wouldn't be a constant use of energy like a light switch . . . just a quick usage and then it's done. Factor in that people aren't gonna use them everyday and people who do only would a few times a day, and I doubt it's much energy drain at all.

• Like Like x 1
  14. surviving

surviving Well-Known Member

We have 6 solar arrays, not panels. Each array consists of 20 panels. Assuming each panel is 300 watts , 8.8 amps and 36 volts, we have 36000 watt, a little over a 1000 amps, and a little over 4000 volts.

Attached Files:

#14 surviving, Mar 23, 2015
    Last edited: Mar 23, 2015
    • Informative Informative x 1
  15. Neuropyramidal

Right, not nearly enough power to do anything close to what they are portraying.

16. surviving

surviving Well-Known Member

Hot water heater and heating and cooling are the biggest users of electricity in a home. Also people dont have perishables as they once didso most people wouldnt be running a refrigerator now. When I was in college, we studied a house called the Griffin 2,it took advantage of all resources th environment had to offer. Its dependence on electricity was greatly reduced.

I would say the ASZ has enough electricity to met their needs. Deanna said it was a green community. So to me that means super efficient homes taking advantage of what the environment has to offer such passive heating and cooling, solar hot water heaters, maybe even geo thermal heating and cooling. There are a lot of ways to reduce electrical independence.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Prophecy

Prophecy Member

Man.... if you are irritated by these things, you should move on...

1. Your sickness and anger of Noah means the show is working on you. Love it or hate it, it's drawing up emotions while watching.

2. You are severely "knit-picking". I mean, who cares? It was in her house for who knows what reason and most likely there when she moved in. Or maybe she likes it? Michonne has been known to have her own weird taste in furnishings. Remember the crazy colored cat she pulled out to keep in I believe the Clear episode?

3. Did you not notice her son Aiden die? Candles are often used as some sort of death procession, vigils, etc... That night she was specifically using candles to mourn the loss of her son with her family. Candlelight is popular in faith for worship, ceremony and death. Which in this case, death.

18. Remus

Remus Member

I dont understand this? What do you mean?

19. Suedeanthracite

Nicholas, Nicholas, Nicholas (and Father Gabriel in the last episode)

20. Neuropyramidal

They don't have anywhere near enough solar energy to do what they are portraying, even with efficient homes. And those are more the size of 100W panels, not 300. I'm in the middle of something right now, but I"ll come back and show you the calculations, and give a picture of what their energy production would actually be.